how badly did i guess?

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
picking 4 players to win the Scotty Townsend - and you're not allowed to pick Dennis or Alex - I'm curious to see what others thoughts would be for 4 players to win. I have my 4 with Cincy that I'll share at this time tomorrow - similar to the 1 day rule in the wwyd -

Just a wwyd for picking instead of shooting.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
picking 4 players to win the Scotty Townsend - and you're not allowed to pick Dennis or Alex - I'm curious to see what others thoughts would be for 4 players to win. I have my 4 with Cincy that I'll share at this time tomorrow - similar to the 1 day rule in the wwyd -

Just a wwyd for picking instead of shooting.

I think the way we picked was probably about as fair as you could do it. One person got to pick the first 2, then the other person got to pick the next 4, then the first player chooses his final 2.

I gave John his choice and he said he could see pros and cons of both picking first and second, as did I...but he ultimately gave me first pick so I chose Alex and Dennis....

I wont reveal who he picked until he does but I will say I would have picked the same except swapped one out if it were me. I am sure others would say the same about my picks too though, you never know in short tourney races.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
I loved the format you chose for the picks - made it fair & fun to sweat. I've just spent 5 days rethinking my selections - I made 2 based on "hunches" - and as always so much comes from the actual draw. No matter how it turns out the anticipation this bet has given me for this week's pool has made it my favorite one to date.

thanks for the action Cincy

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I loved the format you chose for the picks - made it fair & fun to sweat. I've just spent 5 days rethinking my selections - I made 2 based on "hunches" - and as always so much comes from the actual draw. No matter how it turns out the anticipation this bet has given me for this week's pool has made it my favorite one to date.

thanks for the action Cincy

no problem buddy and I agree!

PS - it was hard to have "bad" picks in this one since you get to have 4 players

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
There is a story in the bible, about 2 sons, who are to share their fathers inheritance.
To make it as fair as possible, he has one son divide the riches, and the other son gets to pick which half is his.
I haven't been able to think of anything better, and I'm pretty sure no one ever will.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
might have been easier to have just let Cincy pick 2 teams of 4 & then chosen between them. LOL - I took Thorpe, Chohan, Compton, and Buste

after the 1st round Cincy was 4-0 while I was 2-2 - but definitely the most interested I've been in actually keeping up with all the matches.

This whole tournament now has a melancholy feel to it after news about Cliff last night. I'd seen him for years, but never met him until DCC this year. Talk about a gracious man - had no clue who I was, but took time to chat for a minute & hang out at the table in the action room with us.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
End results

End results

This was a fun way to sweat some great pool. We both ended up with a player in the final match with Cincy picking the winner. He decided rather than pay him, to have it donated to the fundraiser for Cliff. Awesome move Cincy & I look forward to doing this again.

John

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This was a fun way to sweat some great pool. We both ended up with a player in the final match with Cincy picking the winner. He decided rather than pay him, to have it donated to the fundraiser for Cliff. Awesome move Cincy & I look forward to doing this again.

John

Thanks for the action John! After the first round I was feeling bad like I had all the goof picks but as you pointed out, it came down to each having a horse in the finals, I only wish I could have watched like you did! :)

On a side note, I appreciate you mentioning the fundraiser part, but to be fair, it was your idea. You said before the finals started that if you win to pay it to the fundraiser - I just followed your lead, so good karma to you my friend and thanks again for the fun! :)