there has been some innings and now we are here
its efrens shot
please give a why for your shot selection
ee1.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
thin the 9 with a little draw & left english, Z the QB back to the middle of the foot rail. The bank lanes should be tied up.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
understanding caroms

understanding caroms

its efrens shot
View attachment 5454

If the 9 ball is positioned so that if hit head on it will carom off both the stripe and the 4 ball, sending the 9 ball three cushions around the foot end of the table and then up table that would be the best shot. Playing safe off the bottom of the 9 ball will still leave that group of balls (9--4--and 6 balls) as an advantage for your opponent but with my shot you clear just about all balls that favor your opponent on his side of the table.

This shot is easier to recognize if you are familiar with caroms.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
thin the 9 with a little draw & left english, Z the QB back to the middle of the foot rail. The bank lanes should be tied up.

What you say is true, but it doesn't offer you an escape from a potential threatening position. But if it's the only decent option, then it's a start to leveling the playing field.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If the 9 ball is positioned so that if hit head on it will carom off both the stripe and the 4 ball, sending the 9 ball three cushions around the foot end of the table and then up table that would be the best shot. Playing safe off the bottom of the 9 ball will still leave that group of balls (9--4--and 6 balls) as an advantage for your opponent but with my shot you clear just about all balls that favor your opponent on his side of the table.

This shot is easier to recognize if you are familiar with caroms.

Dr. Bill

i assume the cue ball is being drawn back to the middle of the foot rail??

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
What you say is true, but it doesn't offer you an escape from a potential threatening position. But if it's the only decent option, then it's a start to leveling the playing field.

Billy I.

It will pop the striped ball up above the spot and could be favorable later if not moved on the next shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Nope, can't take a chance of a kiss.
Rod.
P.S. He doesn't know where they're going, he just knows they're leaving there. :p

Exactly, seems like I heard that once before. I don't know where there going, but I know there not staying there.:D

But yes your right again about not drawing the cue ball to the bottom cushion. If you do that you'll be gambling that the 9 ball and the cue ball don't kiss, by stopping the cue ball you stay out of harms way.

Thanks, Dr. Rod :)

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
It will pop the striped ball up above the spot and could be favorable later if not moved on the next shot.

I offered you the best shot with my choice, which was endorsed by another lifer when Rodney agreed. Together we have over 100 years of experience playing pool, I suggest you consider our advice. But i'm not goin to be mad at ya, if you don't, that's your job.:D JK.JK.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I offered you the best shot with my choice, which was endorsed by another lifer when Rodney agreed. Together we have over 100 years of experience playing pool, I suggest you consider our advice. But i'm not goin to be mad at ya, if you don't, that's your job.:D JK.JK.

Dr. Bill

I bank the 1 ball into the 8 13 combo thats dead for my hole and i run out:D
on to next situation please

Skin

Verified Member
looks like it might not be on....:eek:if its not whats your next best choice??
and why??

My advice is don't mess with Larry on this. He may not be a doctor but he's on the rung just below - he has an eye doctor!:eek: :)

Learned from experience Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
My advice is don't mess with Larry on this. He may not be a doctor but he's on the rung just below - he has an eye doctor!:eek: :)

Learned from experience Skin

skin i appreciate the support:)
but im no match for the hacker:eek:
but while your looking at this thread
what would you or think efren should shoot
you are my friend so you dont have to tell us if your choice is yours or efrens:D

Skin

Verified Member
skin i appreciate the support:)
but im no match for the hacker:eek:
but while your looking at this thread
what would you or think efren should shoot
you are my friend so you dont have to tell us if your choice is yours or efrens:D

Larry, I don't like blasting the balls near the spot away without knowing where they are going, especially leaving the cb out in the open. So, I am going duck - tap the 1 to the rail and leave the cb frozen on the 13-2. Frost is kicking from there...or he may just put me back where I started. :)

Live-to-die-another-day Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:D
Larry, I don't like blasting the balls near the spot away without knowing where they are going, especially leaving the cb out in the open. So, I am going duck - tap the 1 to the rail and leave the cb frozen on the 13-2. Frost is kicking from there...or he may just put me back where I started. :)

Live-to-die-another-day Skin

skin thats a very honest answer and i appreciate that:)
i posted this layout because i thought the better players could teach us
some advanced thinking
this part of the game is where lesser players start to get lost as far as whats the best shot (speaking from personal experience)
but this part of the game lays the foundation to your winning or losing
these shots may not be OMG type but for those that understand they are OMG
again coming from my point of view
icbw
ok its geting late
you've heard enough from me

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill, I like your shot but it doesnt look like the angle is right to send the 9 ball around the WORLD. But we dont really have the proper view to say where the 9 ball will go.

The other point is no one shoots the correct shot all the time. Not even the Ghost and the almighty one.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
its efrens shot
View attachment 5454
Efren looks kind of forced to go along with an uptable game here. In that case, I would rather try to leave the cue ball back near the bottom rail as a higher priority than knocking away all three of those balls at this time. So, I'd say go off the bottom of the 9 and one rail back toward the foot rail.

If I were either of those players, I would like to be left out in the open with full bridging partway up the table, in the hopes that I could finesse a nice cue ball roll up against the back side of one of those balls up table -- in the hopes of forcing some back down :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Efren looks kind of forced to go along with an uptable game here. In that case, I would rather try to leave the cue ball back near the bottom rail as a higher priority than knocking away all three of those balls at this time. So, I'd say go off the bottom of the 9 and one rail back toward the foot rail.

If I were either of those players, I would like to be left out in the open with full bridging partway up the table, in the hopes that I could finesse a nice cue ball roll up against the back side of one of those balls up table -- in the hopes of forcing some back down :D

steve that was my thinking too
BUT
efren chose to do this
ee2.jpg