Scott/efren alittle later

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The trouble with trying to avoid an uptable game is that now and then in your effort to keep the balls in action, you let a shot leak out that you did not intend -- even Frost is guilty here :D:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, sorry to say, but I have to call a GEEZER ALERT! on you. The opening combo that Reyes had was in a different game. :eek: I set that trap yesterday and have been wondering who would step into it. Yeah, as if I had set it intentionally as well.

Skin

Larry, when I wrote this:

See, if Efren had started by making the combo on his first shot then he wouldn't have lost this game before a single ball has been made.

that scenario was from the pro v. pro thread. I thought you were referring to my statement when you wrote

"but if he listened to skin
he wouldnt have been in this predicament"

I thought you had gotten the two games mixed up :lol like I did when I wrote what I did. Geezer brain, you know.

Skin

skin im a gemini
i WAS referring to the 2 different combos from the 2 different threads
DO I HAVE WRITE IN BOLD CAPS TO MAKE IT CLEAR
:heh.....:lol.......:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
well you never answered my question
i asked this before i saw what happenned..
scott used the combo to 2 rail the combo into the cluster (ie the combo wasnt on.....with the smiley face dont know if you were serious
but you still never gave a follow up)
unfortunately he left efren a shot on the 13??
which he made and ran 3

View attachment 5462[/ATTACH]
I mentioned a couple of things earlier in this thread that I would like to bring up again, to explain why Frost shot the shot that he did.

Remember when I alluded to the "inch" one way or another as being the difference in shooting or passing a shot? We here at our computers at times can't see the angles that the player does at the table. The combination Frost chose to shoot was easy for him to see that it was lying good and was an option. But we couldn't depict the angle he was looking at, because of that "inch" that we weren't able to see.

I also mentioned that when you have a ball that goes into your pocket and doesn't go into your opponents pocket, you must protect that ball by hiding it from your opponent so he can't knock it away. My reason for bringing that up is to help players to understand the concept that experienced one pocket players think about. Understanding the concept, we then must use our imagination to "develop" that type of a situation, or something similar to that.:cool: That's the second reason Frost shot the shot he did, but he failed to execute the most important part of the shot, and that was 'to control the cue ball'

Now lets take a look at what he tried to accomplish.:) He first chose his option of playing the combination, figuring that the angle was there for him to open up the balls on his side of the table. Plus he had a convenient spot for the cue ball to come to rest, to complete the perfect shot.He wanted to position the cue ball in back of the 4 ball with the shot, but failed to do so. By positioning the cue ball and using the 4 ball as a blocker he would of then played the perfect shot "he thought" But he didn't control the cue ball.:sorry Now instead of Frost looking like a player that made a great move, he now looks like a sucker.:( But both you and I know that's not true.:D

The moral of the story is what Ronnie Allen has always said "take care of whitey, and whitey will take care of you"

Dr. Bill[/COLOR]

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
What.

What.

Larry, sorry to say, but I have to call a GEEZER ALERT! on you. The opening combo that Reyes had was in a different game. :eek: I set that trap yesterday and have been wondering who would step into it. Yeah, as if I had set it intentionally as well. :lol

Skin

GEEZER ALERT :heh

Dr. Bill[/B]