Scott/efren alittle later

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
What you say is true, but it doesn't offer you an escape from a potential threatening position. But if it's the only decent option, then it's a start to leveling the playing field.

Billy I.

Shooting off the bottom of the 9 ball wasn't a good option (this is what i'm guessing he's thinking) It looked like that if he shot off the bottom of the 9 ball he would only be setting the table for Frost, figuring how the balls would open up with the hit that was required to play the cue ball back to the bottom cushion. From that position Frost would have the advantage, and Reyes wasn't going to fall into that trap.

As I mentioned before sometimes we at home can't see the shots as well as the players do at the table, an inch one way or another will sometimes be the difference needed to play or pass an option.

Reyes figured that if he positioned the cue ball where he did Frost wouldn't be able to improve his position, and then the next time Reyes came back to the table he would probably have a better option to deal with.

The option Reyes chose was definitely a well thought out move Realizing that shooting off the 9 ball would lead to tougher times ahead...for Reyes..

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Shooting off the bottom of the 9 ball wasn't a good option (this is what i'm guessing he's thinking) It looked like that if he shot off the bottom of the 9 ball he would only be setting the table for Frost, figuring how the balls would open up with the hit that was required to play the cue ball back to the bottom cushion. From that position Frost would have the advantage, and Reyes wasn't going to fall into that trap.

As I mentioned before sometimes we at home can't see the shots as well as the players do at the table, an inch one way or another will sometimes be the difference needed to play or pass an option.

Reyes figured that if he positioned the cue ball where he did Frost wouldn't be able to improve his position, and then the next time Reyes came back to the table he would probably have a better option to deal with.

The option Reyes chose was definitely a well thought out move Realizing that shooting off the 9 ball would lead to tougher times ahead...for Reyes..

Dr. Bill

Make no mistake about it, the 4 balls positioned down table where the 9 ball is, clearly favored Frost, because of the position of the 6 ball. The 6 ball is a ball that could only go into Frost's pocket, and with the right angle Frost would be able to open up the other three balls and cause some damage. Understanding this should of prompted Reyes to open up the cluster, but in spite of that Reyes chose to stay away from opening up the balls .:eek: Think about it.

When we speak about movers playing one pocket the word mover is only a term So to me a mover is not only someone that knows the game of one pocket and uses shots that other good one pocket players use to gain an advantage, but it also applies to a savvy player that understands pool and how and why things happen. Reyes understands pool and and has an uncanny ability to forecast the future by simply understanding positions. He also plays excellent chess.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Scott can put him right back where he was (wich he did not like) by going off the 10 ball. This time there are fewer options since the 10 ball is no longer there.

You could be right, but first Scott has to figure out how to do that...it might not be as easy as it may look. And if he does choose your option we'll see what options become available. Point is, is that Reyes got away from the last problem, lets see how it pans out.

Shooting the best shot for a situation in no way guarantees you a better shot the next time back at the table, but it certainly helps your case. That's what the word GRINDING means. If one grinds long enough, maybe his opponent will do something foolish.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You could be right, but first Scott has to figure out how to do that...it might not be as easy as it may look. And if he does choose your option we'll see what options become available. Point is, is that Reyes got away from the last problem, lets see how it pans out.

Shooting the best shot for a situation in no way guarantees you a better shot the next time back at the table, but it certainly helps your case. That's what the word GRINDING means. If one grinds long enough, maybe his opponent will do something foolish.

Dr. Bill
Grinding is playing shots that are subtle, but effective for the purpose intended. Grinders don't get a lot of accolades, but they seem to get the cash.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Grinding is playing shots that are subtle, but effective for the purpose intended. Grinders don't get a lot of accolades, but they seem to get the cash.:D

Dr. Bill

I think i would slow roll the 11 past the 6 ball and roll into the 10 ball just right of center as we are looking at it. Trying to double or triple him up.

Skin

Verified Member
Now is the time for one of those shots the aggressive guys around here like. Frost should bank the 1 two rails into the bottom of the cluster on the spot and roll the cb to the foot rail/jaws of Efren's hole.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think i would slow roll the 11 past the 6 ball and roll into the 10 ball just right of center as we are looking at it. Trying to double or triple him up.

That shot could work if the angle allowed you to slow roll the 11 ball past the 6 ball hitting it straight ahead, but it looks like you have to cut the 11 ball slightly to the right which would make the shot play extremely difficult, in terms of controlling the cue ball. If so I think I would look elsewhere. Not to mention that the distance the cue ball must travel before contacting the 11 ball is maybe a little too long to control the cue ball behind the 10 ball, with any type of consistency. But since you can give me 10 to 7 I shouldn't contest your shot choices.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Now is the time for one of those shots the aggressive guys around here like. Frost should bank the 1 two rails into the bottom of the cluster on the spot and roll the cb to the foot rail/jaws of Efren's hole.

Skin
I think you may have hit on something with your shot, but the angle may not be conducive to break the cluster. If so I would still shoot it, but put emphasis on controlling the cue ball which is the more important part of the shot. Notice that you'll be shooting over the 5 ball which will certainly diminish your accuracy:eek: Just try to get a good hit and control the cue ball. It's not going to be easy.;) But an option worthy of consideration.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Skin
I like drawing the cue ball back with your shot, less problems with controlling the cue ball. Plus you may even get him on the 2 ball, that would be nice.

Another plus with your shot is your moving the 1 ball, a ball that will preclude you from playing aggressively later on. (allowing you to use that side of the table as an ending spot with the cue ball)

Billy I.

Skin

Verified Member
I like drawing the cue ball back with your shot, less problems with controlling the cue ball. Plus you may even get him on the 2 ball, that would be nice.

Another plus with your shot is your moving the 1 ball, a ball that will preclude you from playing aggressively later on. (allowing you to use that side of the table as an ending spot with the cue ball)

Billy I.

Billy, I think if Scott can play it just like you say - open the cluster and draw the cb back onto the 2 - he will win from there. Good call.

See, if Efren had started by making the combo on his first shot then he wouldn't have lost this game before a single ball has been made. :D :D :D

Skin

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
That shot could work if the angle allowed you to slow roll the 11 ball past the 6 ball hitting it straight ahead, but it looks like you have to cut the 11 ball slightly to the right which would make the shot play extremely difficult, in terms of controlling the cue ball. If so I think I would look elsewhere. Not to mention that the distance the cue ball must travel before contacting the 11 ball is maybe a little too long to control the cue ball behind the 10 ball, with any type of consistency. But since you can give me 10 to 7 I shouldn't contest your shot choices.:D

Dr. Bill

Actually Billy it doesnt look like you can 2 rail the one into the cluster and draw back for the hook( the angle doesnt look right) however my actual shot i would play would be to kick the 1 ball into the cluster and draw back for the hook..... Thats why i can give u 10 to 7:lol NOT

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Actually Billy it doesnt look like you can 2 rail the one into the cluster and draw back for the hook( the angle doesnt look right) however my actual shot i would play would be to kick the 1 ball into the cluster and draw back for the hook..... Thats why i can give u 10 to 7:lol NOT

This was the first shot I saw but I rejected it for me because you are jacked up trying to get draw on that ball which seriously compromises my accuracy and touch which is also required for this shot. Ofcourse, whith your skill level, you shoot a game with which I am not familiar. :0)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What would Artie do?

What would Artie do?

WWAD? Bank the five ball as best you can to leave the cue ball on, or very near to the rail and let Effie have the one ball to shoot at. If he makes it, God bless him. If he misses it, it may prove costly.

Hacker's 2 choices, (the 9 ft roll, and the 1 ball kick) both requiring incredible accuracy, tells me Hacker has been spoiled with too many backers. Would anyone here like to shoot either one for big money and be betting their own?

The, 2 rail the one ball, is an automatic stiff because you are jacked up and 4 1/2 ft away. Another miracle shot. For pressure situations these shots just dont work.

That is what Artie means when he says Mistake-Free 1pkt. All those shots could easily turn into a mistake.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
WWAD? Bank the five ball as best you can to leave the cue ball on, or very near to the rail and let Effie have the one ball to shoot at. If he makes it, God bless him. If he misses it, it may prove costly.

Hacker's 2 choices, (the 9 ft roll, and the 1 ball kick) both requiring incredible accuracy, tells me Hacker has been spoiled with too many backers. Would anyone here like to shoot either one for big money and be betting their own?

The, 2 rail the one ball, is an automatic stiff because you are jacked up and 4 1/2 ft away. Another miracle shot. For pressure situations these shots just dont work.

That is what Artie means when he says Mistake-Free 1pkt. All those shots could easily turn into a mistake.

Beard

f you cant execute slow rolling the 11 ball Beard, it puts your beat list in serious question. Banking the 5 ball is useless unless your playing a weak player. "mistake free one pocket" equals pray Efren misses the straight in on the 1 ball. The Hacker treats his backers money better than he treats his own thats why the winning percentage is HIGH( yeah that one is a brag but screw it) lol Kicking the 1 ball and drawing back for the safe is east to execute, you may or may not get th perfect hit on the stack but its safe and if you hit it good HOMERUN!! The Hacker now knows he was born in the wrong era for pool. Time machine would be SWEET

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Beard
I'll start off by saying that any one who banks at the 5 ball from this spot with Reyes following them wants to lose their money. Plus you need the bridge to bank the 5 ball, does that count for something? Secondly, there is no sell out possibility shooting the 1 ball, none. You say your 4 1/2 ft. away, my my that's real tough isn't it? Mistake free one pocket, then bank the 5 ball.:frus Give me a break.:lol I'll lay 100 to 1 Frost don't bank the 1 ball, your shot preference.:lol

Billy I.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think Pete's shot off the 10 looks like it would leave QB near the jaw of the corner pocket. Thats probably my shot.