John H. & Freddy in a one-pocket match at DCC

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
This Derby City is just getting better and better. Now it looks like John H has challenged Freddy to a one-pocket match and Freddy has accepted. This is gonna be so good. I just can't seem to wait.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
ace said:
This Derby City is just getting better and better. Now it looks like John H has challenged Freddy to a one-pocket match and Freddy has accepted. This is gonna be so good. I just can't seem to wait.
Ace,

There is a third person involved here if I'm not mistaken. Cardone must agree to stake Freddy at that game. A minor technicality I'm sure.

Dennis

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ace,

There is a third person involved here if I'm not mistaken. Cardone must agree to stake Freddy at that game. A minor technicality I'm sure.

Dennis
Even Better!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
ace said:

Ace and Lenny,

You must have missed this post from Freddies "thrilling" [sic] report on some yawner of a Chicago bank pool tournament, which not even the Ghost, or anyone else, bothered to respond to... In all fairness though, it was instantly hi-jacked, (thank God) by John's brazen challenge..:cool:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=57006&postcount=9

I make the odds of this match actually happening...at around 3,000,000 to 1 !...Also, Fred will be much too busy pointing me out to people who don't know me...and 'splainin' why neither John nor I, are on his "beat list"....The Duck will be famous...:eek:

Last edited:

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
SJDinPHX said:
Ace and Lenny,

You must have missed this post from Freddies "thrilling" [sic] report on some yawner of a Chicago bank pool tournament, which not even the Ghost, or anyone else, bothered to respond to... In all fairness though, it was instantly hi-jacked, (thank God) by John's brazen challenge..:cool:

I make the odds of this match actually happening...at around 3,000,000 to 1 !...Also, Fred will be much too busy pointing me out to people who don't know me...and 'splainin' why neither John nor I, are on his "beat list"....The Duck will be famous...:eek:
I am just trying to start some SH!T. I would really like to see this take place.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bright clothes

Bright clothes

SJDinPHX said:
Ace and Lenny,

Dont forget to wear bright clothes so I wont have much problem pointing you out.

Beard

Maybe what I will do is pass out directions to his seat at the bar from my book/DVD booth.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Back To The Challenge

Back To The Challenge

ace said:

I am feeling a little froggy today (Like most days) and will sweeten the pot.

Wincardona has stated he will stake Freddy for $500/$1,000 at DCC. I put out a challenge to play Freddy, giving him 8/7 in a short race of one pocket. Freddy has not confirmed if he will play (it is still early) but I am eager to firm up some action.

ANY GAME I play Freddy and win at, I will fire the $$ back at Billy with the same game, me being on the receiving end of any weight that is involved when I play Billy. If I win against Freddy giving him 8/7, I will play Billy getting 8/7.

This would include playing Freddy even short rack banks or nine ball. If I win I play Billy the same way. I play one handed too, and that option is available for the same games.

All I am looking for is to be in action and have a little fun. If I can come out winners or close to breaking even, I am a happy camper.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:

Wincardona has stated he will stake Freddy for $500/$1,000 at DCC. I put out a challenge to play Freddy, giving him 8/7 in a short race of one pocket. Freddy has not confirmed if he will play (it is still early) but I am eager to firm up some action.

ANY GAME I play Freddy and win at, I will fire the $$ back at Billy with the same game, me being on the receiving end of any weight that is involved when I play Billy. If I win against Freddy giving him 8/7, I will play Billy getting 8/7.

This would include playing Freddy even short rack banks or nine ball. If I win I play Billy the same way. I play one handed too, and that option is available for the same games.

All I am looking for is to be in action and have a little fun. If I can come out winners or close to breaking even, I am a happy camper.
John, i'm still trying to convince myself to play you the game you proposed 8/7 and 9/8,:eek: Why would you think I would play 8/7 ? :confused: But I will play 9/8 providing I feel my back will hold out. I haven't played since Ricky Birds tournament (3or 4 months ago):(

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:

I really think that you have a good game playing me and Artie and don't understand why you don't think so. I think you're a ball better then Artie and there may be at most a ball difference (if that) between us. Plus being your own partner is worth something.:confused: That would be a close game for semi sociable money. I know that we won before, but how did you play when we won? Artie beat you and you came back and beat him later, now Artie won't even play you even, he can't beat Ricky Bird. Ricky beat Artie 3 out of 4 times, I know I lost betting on Artie. You can beat Ricky easily giving him a ball. Harry Platis gave Ricky 9/7 and beat him at the DCC tournament. How would you play Harry? Think about it.:D

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
John, i'm still trying to convince myself to play you the game you proposed 8/7 and 9/8,:eek: Why would you think I would play 8/7 ? :confused: But I will play 9/8 providing I feel my back will hold out. I haven't played since Ricky Birds tournament (3 months ago):(

Billy I.

OK, if I beat Freddy I'll play 8/7, 9/8. Hope your back holds up.

Is Larry Schwartz (sp) still playing? Maybe we can get him in the mix.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:
OK, if I beat Freddy I'll play 8/7, 9/8. Hope your back holds up.

Is Larry Schwartz (sp) still playing? Maybe we can get him in the mix.

You and Freddy may never play, that's up to Fred. But i'll take one of the guy's from Chicago:eek: Artie, Fred, or Larry and put all of them in the mix against you and Dick with some sort of game. What do you guys think? It will be entertaining. :eek: :D :cool:

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
You and Freddy may never play, that's up to Fred. But i'll take one of the guy's from Chicago:eek: Artie, Fred, or Larry and put all of them in the mix against you and Dick with some sort of game. What do you guys think? It will be entertaining. :D :cool:

Billy I.

I'll take Fred and play you and Dick a cheap set for 2K race to 5. That way we can get Fred and Dick on good terms again.:D I really think that we're going uphill, but that way I will honor my obligation with Fred.:cool: Now that would be an entertaining game that I probably will regret playing.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Plus being your own partner is worth something.:confused:

Billy I.
if you want to calculate what being your own partner is worth you have to facter in the number of personalities of the person.
for example
for a manic/depressive it would be worth at least 2 balls:D :rolleyes:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
I'll take Fred and play you and Dick a cheap set for 2K race to 5. That way we can get Fred and Dick on good terms again.:D I really think that we're going uphill, but that way I will honor my obligation with Fred.:cool: Now that would be an entertaining game that I probably will regret playing.

Billy I.

Sounds good to me. Let's see what Dick says.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
wincardona said:

Billy I.

Now THAT is a game I would love to sweat. Can I get your guy's permission to film some of it in High Definition if it goes off? I'm not saying all of it, but SOME of it? What better way to relive getting out of a trap or putting your enemy in a trap.. or making a sellout by your enemy cost them the game, then to watch it over and over or invite your buddies over to show them? Free copies for all of the players!

I think all of you would have a lot of fun with it and I don't see how any of you could be enemies after it was all over... as long as it's a kept sociable with lots of woofing and making fun of whoever misses or sells out:D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
That could be fun !!!

That could be fun !!!

jrhendy said:
Sounds good to me. Let's see what Dick says.

Ink me in for that game...But Fred is not allowed call me names, threaten me, or swear at me..:p :p :p...(could be a game-breaker John)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Ink me in for that game...But Fred is not allowed call me names, threaten me, or swear at me..:p :p :p...(could be a game-breaker John)[/QUOT

Hir is a game that I will play. I dont no if its fair or not you decide that. And you dont have too play if you dont want too play. And I dont want too play cheap.

And this game is for John only. Because he is a gentalmen. And I wouldnt mind loosing too him. And Her is a better game for you John then you and SJD playing partners against Billy and me.

Billy andI will give you 8 to 7 on your breack and you give us 9 to 8 on your breack. That is my chriysmas gifte GAME.

And its a better game then you and SJD playing us. And we can bet 10 thousand or more on the game.

And if you think we have the nuts dont pay. Its only a offer. And that doesnt cost anyone no money.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And this game is for John only. Because he is a gentalmen. And I wouldnt mind loosing too him. And Her is a better game for you John then you and SJD playing partners against Billy and me.

Billy andI will give you 8 to 7 on your breack and you give us 9 to 8 on your breack. That is my chriysmas gifte GAME.

And its a better game then you and SJD playing us.

Uhhh... Artie... Billy was taking Fred and playing John and SJD. That game has MUCH more going for it, for the players and the rail:)

Besides, I got a 2 hour, 30 min memory card I could get some good action taped with those guys. If you were involved, I might not get one game in the can:eek:

I got no stakes in any of it, so what I say means nothing... I'm just piping up from the cheap seats:D
wincardona said:

Billy I.