Search results

1. C

Does the kick break have any merit?

I was once told that if you find someone who uses the kick break against you, that you have a "tiger by the tail." But at least on this website I have only seen it denounced as worthless. If playing one pocket on a bar table, is this the preferred break?
  2. C

Cliff Joyner vs. Richie Richeson Green Room Finals Game #1

I would like to go through several shots of this match, and thought maybe we could have one thread dedicated to an entire game. I will label each screen shot with the shot number of the game. For example, the break will be shot #1. In Game #1 Cliff has the break, and the first diagram is...
  3. C

Cliff Joyner vs. Richie Richeson ..... Who is the favorite from this position?

Let's make an assumption for this discussion that Richie and Cliff are even in skill. Who do you think is the favorite from this point given the position of the balls? This is a very interesting game. Cliff has probably taken 10 or more fouls up to this point. There are a few shot diagrams...
  4. C

Frost vs. Pagulayan 2011 US Open

Score is 7-5 in favor of Frost. It is Pagulayan's shot. My question is whether Alex should remove the 10-ball from the side pocket immediately, or not? If Alex leaves the 10-ball there, Scott will feel no pressure as he cannot lose in one inning.
  5. C

For Sale: Joe Tucker Racking Secrets DVD's 1 and 2

I have for sale both of Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets DVD's. Both are original and come with the original DVD case. Asking $40 for everything. I wouldn't sell them, but I'm a little short on rent this month, so someone will get a good deal on this.
  6. C

We should have some sort of Chicago vs. Kentucky Banking Match

I have always thought that there should be a Mosconi Cup style match between Chicago and Kentucky in banks. The competition should be fierce. You could play a mix of short rack, full rack, scotch doubles etc. You could expand the geographic locations and end up with a "North" and "South"...
  7. C

Does it help to play against yourself?

If I play a game against myself as a way to practice, is there much to gain? Is there anything special to consider when practicing like this?
  8. C

Problem seeing the old diagrams

When I view posts from several years ago, the cuetable diagrams do not show up on my screen, so all of the information contained thereafter is useless to me right now. Is it just my computer, or is there a way to see these diagrams? Thanks!
  9. C

Pinning cueball to the rail with your tip

I was in a game today and left my opponent in the jaws of his own pocket. He pushed the cueball and pinned the cueball to the rail, I'm not sure exactly how to explain it. But he did not use a stroke, he intentionally pinned the ball to the rail. I said it should be ball in hand. Someone...
  10. C

Any advice for running balls?

I've been playing alot of one pocket with a guy who is probably 2 balls better than me in all games. I can keep up with him sometimes, but he definitely has the better of it. I've been trying to put all the knowledge I've gained from this site to use, and found out it's not so easy for me to...
  11. C

Freddy's side-step bank works really well!

Of course I've read through both of Freddy's books, but one part that I skipped practicing was the side-step bank. It looked a little too precise for practical purposes. But just yesterday I decided to try it at the table, cross corner and cross side, and my percentage was about 80% right from...
  12. C

How do I (or do I need to) donate to the onepocket.org sponsorship?

I've been reading about the sponsorships, but I'm not sure if the members here usually donate to the fund, or if the funds come from somewhere else. I'd like to make a small donation in thanks for all the useful information that I've gathered here. So far I've filled up 90% of a large...
  13. C

9-ball rack break strategy

I haven't watched closely as to how the best bankers try to break. My first thought is to try to leave the cueball near the headrail. Because you are likely to leave just 1 or 2 balls near the headrail, and you might end up with an easy cross corner that you could use to play position for the...