Search results

1. I

Has anyone yet played on "new design" Diamond rails?

If you have played on this new Diamond rail design, does it play one hole like a GC now? I'm looking only for personal experiences, not what you heard from others. I'm also looking for player's experiences, not mechanics, which might be biased. Only talking about how the balls react off the...
  2. I

Would you put this last ball into play, in a serious game?

This shot came up in a high dollar ahead set I was in a couple years ago. I made a HORRIBLE mistake and let my opponent get balls back into play, and even helped him. I needed one, and he needed 4. I acknowledge that mistake. But, that was in the prior innings and I could not change what I...
  3. I

How to use Copy and Paste for posting

Below are a set of instructions for using cut and paste to post. This comes in handy especially when making long posts where you don't want to risk losing anything. These are pictures from my computer screen. The large red text notes are helpful instructions to supplement the picture. If...
  4. I

Older champions and their cues

Do the older champion players use new cues or cues from lets say 20 years ago when they were in their primes?
  5. I

Is this kick the correct shot?

Only one ball left on the table... Is the correct shot here a 2 rail kick to go for the win? Cueball returns somewhere in the area of point A. Is this only good when the ball is in a big position, say .25 to 1 inch off the end rail? As long as you hit the ball, is there any way to really sell...
  6. I

Ability to clock a player

How good does a player have to be in order to rate a better player? For example, can a C player determine who is stronger between two A players? Can a B player determine who is stronger between two Open players? I hear all the time C and B players (which I belong to) say such and such is the...
  7. I

Learned 4 railer by accident

I was practicing 9-ball banks the other day when I was confronted by this shot: I hit it hard, high, and inside to shorten it. Instead, I missed the one railer and went 4 rails to the corner. The high kept the cue ball frozen to the long rail (at point A) START(...
  8. I

Bank Pool Rules

I did a google search for bank pool rules and came up with the results below (in red). I have a few additonal questions: 1. If a player fouls without scratching (eg. doens't hit a rail, complettely missses the object ball, etc.) does the incomming player have ball in hand? Or do they play...
  9. I

Banking the back ball on the spot

I always go for this shot, but most of the other players in my room play a safe by hitting the head ball and leaving the cue on the bottom rail. I'm an intermediate player, so I don't know a ton. Is there something wrong with going for the bank? It usually works out well enough for me...
  10. I

Spot on the wall distance

I have just started practicing the spot on the wall technique for 3 rail kicks/banks. I'm a low B player, and I have always done fairly well just "seeing" the kicks without any systems. Anyway, I am giving this one a chance, as it seems quite reliable and is easy to remember. My question is...
  11. I

Skip Weston on ebay

I have a nice Skip Weston cue on ebay. It has two days left. Thanks for looking. eBay Link