Search results

1. T

Apology...

I just thought I'd apologize for the rude remarks I made awhile back. This is a fine organization supporting a fine game, and I had no right to disparage it the way I did. Sometimes my alligator mouth overloads my hummingbird ass. Again. Sorry.
  2. T

Kisses on the cross rail bank shot...

If there's one thing that I find frustrating it's the little cross banks where a kiss occurs. I happens way more than I like, and sometimes I'll sell out a ball, or two. Are there reliable ways to avoid the kiss? :)
  3. T

So long...and good luck.

I have sold my cue and retired. Without a doubt the greatest game ever played on a pool table, I hope that each of you continue to enjoy One Pocket and do well at it. This is fine forum with equally fine members. Good luck to you all. Sincerely, Mike Martin (aka: Tramp Steamer. CEO of Steamer...
  4. T

Halloween funny...

Many of you have known, or have heard of Little Johnny, through jokes such as "My Daddy In The Shower", or "Elk With a Ten Inch Penis", just to name a few. What you may not have known, however, is that Little Johnny was the real life son of a sometimes up, sometimes down, One Pocket player by...
  5. T

Sunday funnies...

A pool player, traveling through the midwest, was motoring along a country road one morning when he looked over and noticed a farmer standing by a barn with his overalls pulled down around his ankles, having sex with a sheep. Incensed, the pool player careened into the driveway and came to a...
  6. T

Sunday funnies...

Although memorable, the story that I told last week was a tad on the long side so here's one that is a bit shorter. For your perusal, as our good friend Grady would say. One of the regulars comes into the poolhall where I play One Pocket, leading a sheep on a leash. The manager says. "You...
  7. T

The Days of Wine and One Pocket...

Many years ago, while doing my part in the service of our country, I was stationed aboard an old LST (Tank Landing Ship) parked alongside the piers on the Amphibious base in Little Creek, Virginia (Norfolk). In the evenings, and on most weekends, when not on duty, I would spend my time playing...
  8. T

Rules question...

I think this was the first time I've ever done it, but while playing some team One Pocket today my opponent made a ball in my team's hole, then another in a neutral hole, leaving the cue ball about a diamond up from the head rail. During the confusion of spotting a ball that they owed, and the...
  9. T

I got sent up the river...

Just so you all know, I was banned today from AZB. I got three months off. If you guys think this puts a stain on OnePocket.org, let me know and I'll hit the bricks. Thanks, Mike. :)
  10. T

One Pocket Tournament...

I received an email yesterday from Phil Spuditch, owner of Springfield Billiards, in Springfield, MO. They will be hosting a One Pocket tournament on May 21, 2011. Entry is $75.00 per person with 32 positions available and the money must be in by May 15. Doors open at 9 am and the tournament...
  11. T

Short cross banks...

I have been having difficulty with the short cross banks that are close to the foot rail. The nearer the rail, the more trouble I have getting the cue ball out of the way. Any tips, or suggestions would be appreciated.
  12. T

FS: "Winning One Pocket"and "S, M, & S"

For Sale: "Winning One Pocket" and "Shots, Moves, and Strategies", by Eddie Robin. Both books are in new mint condition. These are the later printings and have had original mistakes corrected. They are autographed on the cover by Mr. Robin. Asking $245.00 for both. Price includes shipping.
  13. T

Banking: System, or rote???

This question goes out to all of you, but especially to Mr. Beard. If I were to become a very good OP player should I learn a banking system, or rely on banks from memory. Or, perhaps both?
  14. T

Practice...

One more question and I won't bother anyone again. What are some good one pocket practice routines?
  15. T

On the comeback trail...

I'm coming back to one pocket after an almost five year layoff. It's been a couple of months now and some skills have returned, but I still find myself selling out a lot, or at least easier than I should. I also miss quite a few long shots, and when my opponent puts me in the stack I sometimes...
  16. T

Small problem

When I click on the selection 'Playing The Game', then click 'Great Shots'; no thumbnails show up, just the little red x-box. I do get a warning that IE can't verify the publisher though. Any suggestions?
  17. T

A New Onepocketeer

Greetings everyone. I play one pocket almost exclusively, and have done so for several years. I am looking forward to participating in this forum and am sure that I can learn more about this great game of ours. Thank you for having me.