2019 DCC rules

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You know with all the talk about the length of DCC One Pocket matches, I've been thinking -- I have seen zero mention of the fact that 9-ball increased from races to 7 to races to 9 a couple years ago (maybe about then, I kind of avoid 9-ball lol) in order for the DCC results to officially count for the Mosconi Cup (or something like that). Now that is about a 30% increase in match length, meaning similar to going from a race to 3 in One Pocket to a race to 4. How about them apples lol?!?!

You might ask, what does that have to do with the One Pocket? I believe it actually does come into play because the 9-ball starts on Wednesday, so it is going strong for the last two days of the One Pocket tournament! Last year at DCC they played ONLY round 7 on Wednesday!!! That had NOTHING to do with our Wednesday night HOF dinner, and everything to do with them wanting to get a good jump on the 9-ball -- and despite that, I believe they ended up finishing the 9-ball a day later than what they planned anyway lol -- how about them apples lol?!?!

PS someone can correct me if I am wrong of course :D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
You know with all the talk about the length of DCC One Pocket matches, I've been thinking -- I have seen zero mention of the fact that 9-ball increased from races to 7 to races to 9 a couple years ago (maybe about then, I kind of avoid 9-ball lol) in order for the DCC results to officially count for the Mosconi Cup (or something like that). Now that is about a 30% increase in match length, meaning similar to going from a race to 3 in One Pocket to a race to 4. How about them apples lol?!?!

You might ask, what does that have to do with the One Pocket? I believe it actually does come into play because the 9-ball starts on Wednesday, so it is going strong for the last two days of the One Pocket tournament! Last year at DCC they played ONLY round 7 on Wednesday!!! That had NOTHING to do with our Wednesday night HOF dinner, and everything to do with them wanting to get a good jump on the 9-ball -- and despite that, I believe they ended up finishing the 9-ball a day later than what they planned anyway lol -- how about them apples lol?!?!

PS someone can correct me if I am wrong of course :D
Ok, here is my take on it. The new rules have made things worse. Although I approve of the new re rack rule as do most of the pro players, it will obviously add time. As for the 9 ball I dont know how the 3 balls across the break line? deal is going to work.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
What’s the deal with talcum power? No chalk either? Every one wears a glove? The tables will get dirty. The guys that use sweeping the table as a way to slow down the game will find something else.
The Grady rule? Re-rack? Pretty soon it will be a pros only tournament with only the top players playing. As a dead money player, who has cashed, taking away any chance of winning by running two racks on the break, is gone. Not that I have ever done that but
I did run one rack on a break and came close to beating a top player 3-0 until I made a mistake. The Grady rule. Learning to play a rule that is used in only one tournament does not mean this is the standard. It is no reason for those chomping at the bit to change one pocket org. rules to start with that noise. It takes a long time to learn how to play a new facet of a game. You would have to learn the end game all over again.
I spent years and years learning the end game, I’m old enough to enjoy what I worked hard to achieve. Why did it take so long to learn the end game? It’s only been recently that I was able to play well enough to extend a game to the end.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
What’s the deal with talcum power? No chalk either? Every one wears a glove? The tables will get dirty. The guys that use sweeping the table as a way to slow down the game will find something else.
The Grady rule? Re-rack? Pretty soon it will be a pros only tournament with only the top players playing. As a dead money player, who has cashed, taking away any chance of winning by running two racks on the break, is gone. Not that I have ever done that but
I did run one rack on a break and came close to beating a top player 3-0 until I made a mistake. The Grady rule. Learning to play a rule that is used in only one tournament does not mean this is the standard. It is no reason for those chomping at the bit to change one pocket org. rules to start with that noise. It takes a long time to learn how to play a new facet of a game. You would have to learn the end game all over again.
I spent years and years learning the end game, I’m old enough to enjoy what I worked hard to achieve. Why did it take so long to learn the end game? It’s only been recently that I was able to play well enough to extend a game to the end.
They aren't using the Grady rule, just re rack

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Ok, here is my take on it. The new rules have made things worse. Although I approve of the new re rack rule as do most of the pro players, it will obviously add time. As for the 9 ball I dont know how the 3 balls across the break line? deal is going to work.

Right, you said it, the PROS APPROVE of it, as you do? Meaning you’re a pro? Or you don’t want luck involved in your matches?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Right, you said it, the PROS APPROVE of it, as you do? Meaning you’re a pro? Or you don’t want luck involved in your matches?

Yea, I'm a pro:lol. Every comment I saw on facebook yesterday by well known pro players approved of the new rerack rule.
Personally, I prefer to get the chance to shoot each game. I would never want to take the luck out of the game.