A One pocket racking idea

u12armresl

Verified Member
After sorting through a bunch of pictures and seeing lots of internet one pocket, I was wondering something.

Wouldn't a universal racking order help everyone get a better idea on how their breaks are doing, ball action after the break, uniformity, etc.

I notice one posters pictures have pretty much the same order, I wonder if we could all agree on trying to start something where we rack in a specific order and try to get that to carry over in tournaments and televised games.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
surface

surface

On the surface I like the sound of it but they have already told us we cant smoke there anymore and who knows what else is on the horizon.So taking one more free,random,personal act away from us smacks of rules and reg's.Gonna vote no,but like I say its an interesting proposition.Keep em coming,we got lots of spare time here in the land of lincoln.Not to mention milk and honey,cheers,Bob

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Pattern racking is strictly forbidden in 9-ball. One hole, I wouldn't complain though.

Any opponent of mine is awarded the guarantee that a stripe or a bright colored ball is behind the 1. Just good gaming habit.

(Possible Hijack).....

There is one guy I played who ALWAYS racked the 6-8 behind the 1. Until the cloth was changed to blue. Now it's the 7-8, with the occasional 4 ...

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Let me get in on this hijack. In the rack I like to have some color contrast in the two balls I'm shooting at. If the 1 is on the spot, I am hoping for a dark colored ball next to it. Makes it easier to see the edge of the front ball.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Next time

Next time

Thanks for that tidbit Vapros,I'll remember that and give you the six in front next time,HAHAHA,cheers,Bob

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
cheui hoi.....

cheui hoi.....

V,your too hip,I give up.Gonna have to rack our own I reckon,thats cool,Bob........where do you live?