A tool to manage your Personal Messages (PM's)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Here is a tool for you to download all of your Personal Messages to your computer and be able to view them, copy them to emails, search inside of them....

This allows you to get your PM's you don't need anymore, off the website and down to your PC. You can save them, archive them, whatever. Great tool to clean up your PM"s.

It's called VBulletin PM Reader
You can read about it here http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/vBulletin-PM-Reader.shtml

And you can directly download it here

http://www.vcldeveloper.serverheaven.net/downloads/vBulletin_PM_Reader.zip

Some fast instructions - Dick will even be able to get this

Download the file, unzip it (if you don't know what that is, just dblclick it, you should see a file inside, highlight that and right click and choose Extract to where ever you want, or maybe just dblclick the file)

Dblclick the file to install the program

It will install and give you a program group called Vbulletin PM Reader, Start the program

I think it asks if you want to create a new database. Say Yes and point it to your My Documents or something and call the database onepocket_org

It will create a database and save it there.

Leave it open and go to your Personal Messages and go all the way to the bottom right. You should see where it says Download All PM's .. you choose the format of XML and click Download All Messages.. Save it to your My Documents.. you can call it whatever you want.

Now your ready to import your messages. You already have your program Vbulletin PM Reader open, you have your onepocket_org database open in the program, now you just click on Import XML file and point it to the one you saved in your My Documents.

Presto, it will import all your messages from your Sent Items and Inbox and now you can go onto Onepocket.org and delete any message you don't need anymore, because now you have them saved on your PC.

It's really quite easy, it just might sound like alot of steps.

Feel free to start a thread over in Members Only, if you need any help

BTW.. if you want to do one for any other forum, just click on New Database and call it something else.. like azbilliards and save it in MY Documents.. now you will have that one open in your program, you just go to AZB and do the same thing, Download all PM's as a XML file, save it to your My Documents, call it whatever you want and then Import your file into Vbulletin PM Reader. In other words, you can have several databases, you just open whichever one you want.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed,

Apparently you cannot comprehend.."computer illiterate". You lost me at "download"...:rolleyes:

I have flushed all my very good personal PM's, just because the computer told me to, if I wanted to ever recieve any more new ones, in my lifetime.
I have taught Dennis to use the WEI table, and how to post pictures...but he is too computer stupid, to reciprocate about other things I may need help with. You are my new computer Hero. Now...just dumb it down, and talk layman's language..:)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
I hope you didn't delete the 'special' pm's that I sent you in the perfumed lavender ink...:eek:...:D

Some posts, from my obsessed fan's, (of questionable sexual persuasion)...I just delete automatically.

My animal magnetism, attracts some really strange birds.

Last edited: