Action - Chicago or Phoenix or ?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Good luck to all you guys at DCC & I hope you all make money.

Kentucky Bill and I can't make The Derby this year, but would like to make an action trip somewhere after the first of the year if we can find a fair game. Those that know me also know I am not a nut hunter.

Chicago is my first choice for several reasons. Everyone seemed to enjoy watching the stream for three days when Ghosty and I played. I played well and got lucky on the last day and won.:D I miss the pizza, Chicago Beef and Sausage sandwiches and Ghost deserves a chance to get the $$ back. Bet at least 5k to cover expenses if we win, and if we lose:frus back to the drawing board.

If that doesn't work out, Bill Stroud and I have talked about $500 a game in Phoenix. I can visit San Jose Dick and enjoy the best weather in the country that time of year. There is a great Jewish Deli right down the street from Kolby's, so that covers the gastronomical part of the trip there. Bill is playing better since he got his eyes fixed, but I will take a shot anyway.

I have been playing pretty well for a 75 year old guy:lol, but at my age who knows how long that will last, so I hope to take some shots next year. I will consider other games/locations if these two choices don't work out. There has to be action and good food.:lol

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I won't bet that high, but would enjoy playing you sometime before ''mother time'' calls. I never could hang with you in this game, but finally understand it somewhat, and would greatly enjoy $50 a game in the future.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I won't bet that high, but would enjoy playing you sometime before ''mother time'' calls. I never could hang with you in this game, but finally understand it somewhat, and would greatly enjoy $50 a game in the future.

If we run into each other somewhere, it would be a good time. I would do the same with Ghost or anyone else if I run into them somewhere, but on a special trip I have to try and cover expenses with a little profit IF I win.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Your game is with me for no more than a hunnert.:D Plus I shoot at white flags.:mad: Steeeeeealling for you but thats OK, it will give the nut hunters something to talk about in their PJ's.:frus
Doesn't look like we will be going to PA or PT, we found a place in California that has the highest climate livability of any place we have looked. And there is a pool room about an hour away.:lol

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Your game is with me for no more than a hunnert.:D Plus I shoot at white flags.:mad: Steeeeeealling for you but thats OK, it will give the nut hunters something to talk about in their PJ's.:frus
Doesn't look like we will be going to PA or PT, we found a place in California that has the highest climate livability of any place we have looked. And there is a pool room about an hour away.:lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I think I know who U are....Denver :)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Kentucky Bill and I can't make The Derby this year, but would like to make an action trip somewhere after the first of the year if we can find a fair game. Those that know me also know I am not a nut hunter.

Chicago is my first choice for several reasons. Everyone seemed to enjoy watching the stream for three days when Ghosty and I played. I played well and got lucky on the last day and won.:D I miss the pizza, Chicago Beef and Sausage sandwiches and Ghost deserves a chance to get the $$ back. Bet at least 5k to cover expenses if we win, and if we lose:frus back to the drawing board.

If that doesn't work out, Bill Stroud and I have talked about $500 a game in Phoenix. I can visit San Jose Dick and enjoy the best weather in the country that time of year. There is a great Jewish Deli right down the street from Kolby's, so that covers the gastronomical part of the trip there. Bill is playing better since he got his eyes fixed, but I will take a shot anyway.

I have been playing pretty well for a 75 year old guy:lol, but at my age who knows how long that will last, so I hope to take some shots next year. I will consider other games/locations if these two choices don't work out. There has to be action and good food.:lol

Crap John! You mean we are not going back to -14 in the day weather? It's very disappointing to know that no foot fractures from the cold are in my future;). What was the high of that trip, 12 degrees?
I like the Phoenix idea, we did pretty well last time and found some good places to eat. John likes the deli but I like the cafe at the Student Union. I also found a great place for Cacti, some nearly two hundred years old. John won't go to places if its not flat and or doesn't have a blue felt, no go. Johns betting five thousand and I'll match his bet, Lets GOOOOOOOO
If we go at spring training we can catch some Giants games. I bought a bunch of tickets for the coming year, I hope they are at least average.

bernie p

Verified Member
Hi John,

If you come to Phoenix and your dance card is not full....I'll play you a little for $100 or $200 a game with a game that is fair for both of us.

Heck....I'll even spring for the Chompie's Deli down the road.....win or lose.:D (I agree, it is the best deli in town)

Thanks,

Bernie.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hi John,

If you come to Phoenix and your dance card is not full....I'll play you a little for $100 or $200 a game with a game that is fair for both of us.

Heck....I'll even spring for the Chompie's Deli down the road.....win or lose.:D (I agree, it is the best deli in town)

Thanks,

Bernie.

Always enjoy playing you. Will Bill still play if I beat you.:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I'd like to play John...but as I think you know, you'd have to talk to my manager...

Maybe you would tempt him more, by offering him a win-specific parlay...as in..if you win against me, you would play him afterwards, with an agreed upon spot, for the same amount...just a thought.

- Ghost

Henry

Verified Member

You guys don't have to go to Chicago to get a action.

salamander

If you pass through Colorado Springs to play Meachum (island drive), I'll play for $100/game. I'm pretty much Bills speed so I would not be stealing, and am most probably underdog. Just like to match up.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'd like to play John...but as I think you know, you'd have to talk to my manager...

Maybe you would tempt him more, by offering him a win-specific parlay...as in..if you win against me, you would play him afterwards, with an agreed upon spot, for the same amount...just a thought.

- Ghost
If John wants to play you by the game and lays $525 to $500 he's got a game at Red Shoes. The Italian Beefs are on me..win or lose. Also, John, my game has dipped considerably since the last time we played and the 10/8 game I have been offering you is off the table, you should have taken it, it's gone. However, you still can get 9/8, but you must hurry or that game will be gone as well..sooner than you think.

I will also play with the Ghost as my partner and give you 9/8 on our break. I hope I didn't make a mistake. You took the Ghost and played me and Freddie even, surely you will give the Ghost to me and be your own partner and take 9/8 on our break, but not for much, just something to do.:D

Dr. Bill