rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
will do rod
i appreciate that :)
would be great to meet you in person
not a definite tho

larry if you make it let me know as well, ill come play some 1pkt with you, then invite you to my table, for some billiards, im just 15 minutes from bogies

you too bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I’ll call him but it is very expensive for me to take my equipment. I can’t play tournaments because of the waiting. I can play a set for 12 hours but I can’t start, stop, start. My back freezes.

Advil works sometimes, other times I just limp through it...:)
Unfortunately our parts aren’t what they used to be just a few years ago, and falling off a ladder certainly didn’t do you any good... :(. Hopefully Goldy will come with his equipment and perhaps you can do commentary as you suggested earlier.. Hope you make it...:) I’ll give you some action if you can’t find a game...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Was this answered? Is this a smoking room? Thanks.

It was a smoking room before and I believe it still is. I am pretty sensitive to smoke and the only time I had a problem (been there three times) was when I spent several hours without taking a break outside.

Their fans and system do a better job of dissapating the smoke than most smoking rooms do.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
It was a smoking room before and I believe it still is. I am pretty sensitive to smoke and the only time I had a problem (been there three times) was when I spent several hours without taking a break outside.

Their fans and system do a better job of dissapating the smoke than most smoking rooms do.

Yes, smoking is still allowed...

And you are correct John about the room handling the smoke better than most... Rizzo just told me they have added 5 additional smoke handlers, so its much better than you remember it being...

beatle

Verified Member
i just had another friend that died that hung out in a smoking place. the list is long for ones that died way before their time.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Yes, smoking is still allowed...

And you are correct John about the room handling the smoke better than most... Rizzo just told me they have added 5 additional smoke handlers, so its much better than you remember it being...

Thanks John and Jeff for your answers.

And, the other John (the "LS" variety)...hahahahahaha you a funny man.

One more question: is this Bogie's west or east locations? I tried to look them up and saw two places.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Advil works sometimes, other times I just limp through it...:)
Unfortunately our parts aren’t what they used to be just a few years ago, and falling off a ladder certainly didn’t do you any good... :(. Hopefully Goldy will come with his equipment and perhaps you can do commentary as you suggested earlier.. Hope you make it...:) I’ll give you some action if you can’t find a game...

I have been on a morphine supplement for 15 years and nothing workers once I stop. Once I quit, I usually need help to the car but its worth it. If I go, we’ll play. ACTION< love it

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I talked to John, the OP.Org stream will happen. If POV wants to stream the event and let us run the announcing for OP.Org, he is welcome to do it. I have tried to reach Goldy but he has not responded. He doesn’t like liberals.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I talked to John, the OP.Org stream will happen. If POV wants to stream the event and let us run the announcing for OP.Org, he is welcome to do it. I have tried to reach Goldy but he has not responded. He doesn’t like liberals.

Great... Thanks Bill... I’m looking forward to trying you some one pocket... Bill, just a heads up, I won’t be playing you any 12 hour sessions... No chance of that, maybe 4/5 hours tops, that’s about as far as I can push it... If that works, maybe we can play... Hey, that’ll be a good warm up for ya to play Col. Bille the next 7/8 hours...:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Bogies Billiards & Sports Bar
3040 FM 1960 East Suite 101
Houston, Texas 77073

Is hosting another Senior One Pocket tournament on;

October 25th, 26th, 27th, & the 28th, 2018...
Double elimination race to 3 both sides...
Single race to 4 in the final, winner of the Hot Seat gets the 1st break...
$200.00 entry fee, no green fees... a no cut Calcutta & players pool...
$3000.00 will added to the players pool regardless of the # of entries...
Played on 9’ Gold Crowns, triple shimmed, using a measle cue ball and Aramith tournament balls...
Other pertinent details to be worked out at the players meeting...

Practice all day Thursday the 25th... Players meeting at 6:30 PM... Calcutta begins at 7:00 PM...
You need not be present Thursday for the auction, however you will be sold in the Calcutta and you will have the option of buying 1/2 of yourself before the 1st matches start at noon on Friday, the 26th... no matches will be played on Thursday...

Friday the 26th;

Come in as early as 10:00 AM for practice/warm-up
1st matches start at 12:00 PM sharp...
Play continues throughout the day with the last matches starting no later than 9:00 PM...

Saturday the 27th;
All matches begin at 10:00 AM sharp...
Play continues all day with the last matches starting no later than 9:00 PM...

Sunday the 28th;

Semi-Finals start at 10:00 AM sharp and continue until there are only two left standing... The Championship match will be a single race to 4 with the winner of the hot seat getting the 1st break...

Please hold off on sending your entry fees until the 1st of August... Then,
send cash, check, or money orders to the above address, in care of or to the attention of Mr. John Rizzo...

The players list is on post 33 just in case anyone is curious...

Last edited: