AZ Layout...whadah yah shoot? Your pocket is too your right your shot. Thx III

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
I assume my pocket is left of the CB. In that case, I bank the 5 off the 3 and go a bit forward with the CB to hopefully not let him see the 5 and only leave an off angle bank on the 13 (or block it with the 5 altogether).

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I assume my pocket is left of the CB. In that case, I bank the 5 off the 3 and go a bit forward with the CB to hopefully not let him see the 5 and only leave an off angle bank on the 13 (or block it with the 5 altogether).
your pocket is to the right as you look at the screen
bill you may want to emphasize that

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
your pocket is to the right as you look at the screen
bill you may want to emphasize that

in that case I’m either banking the 4 and bumping the 14 off the rail or if that shot isn’t available I’m banking the 4 off the 14. I think Larry you are going to sell out the 11 if you bank the 4 directly and don’t go into 14 with the CB. It appears too much angle to hold the CB, to my eye anyway :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
in that case I’m either banking the 4 and bumping the 14 off the rail or if that shot isn’t available I’m banking the 4 off the 14. I think Larry you are going to sell out the 11 if you bank the 4 directly and don’t go into 14 with the CB. It appears too much angle to hold the CB, to my eye anyway :)
i think a 3/4 hit or alittle thinner with the english will work to my eye
that should be enough to get it close and not lose the cue ball (to me)
you could be right
if the 4 gets close
is he really going to bank the 11?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member
Nothing to choose between in this wwyd. As has already been said, you bank the 4.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
those young guns may cut the 5 in the draw off the 13 ball to the side rail in hopes to get another shot.

I am with the others and banking the 4.

I may even shoot it straight on so that the 4 ball caroms off the 14 and goes 1 rail towards my hole, the 14 goes to my side too and by stopping the CB I will have my opponent tripled up on the 11/6/4.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The two alternate shots are carom the 5 off the 3 and hide the cue ball or 10 ball and freeze whitie right there.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
i think a 3/4 hit or alittle thinner with the english will work to my eye
that should be enough to get it close and not lose the cue ball (to me)
you could be right
if the 4 gets close
is he really going to bank the 11?
It looks more like a half ball hit to me (ie 30 degrees cut angle), rather than 15 degrees (ie 3/4 hit) plus the collision induced spin is going to check the OB but icbw as the picture was taken at an angle.

D3705CE1-D2F4-4244-82C5-626082DFEE61.jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It looks more like a half ball hit to me (ie 30 degrees cut angle), rather than 15 degrees (ie 3/4 hit) plus the collision induced spin is going to check the OB but icbw as the picture was taken at an angle.

View attachment 436992
you could cut it closer to the solid which would make the angle less
i am hoping the english will help negate the cut induced spin and add some running english
yes the pic is hard to be sure
you/me would have to be at the table to be sure

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I like soft kicking the 3/13 combo over to my side leaving him glued to the stack. Looks like they are froze so its a pretty soft hit which also helps your cue ball to lay on the stack.