Bank Pool Tournament (10/1/2011) @ Red Shoes Billiards (with **CALCUTTA**)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
As i have always said...

As i have always said...

Yes, I love the aggressiveness too. It is something that every serious player struggles with -- when to go, and when not to go -- and he has refined his skills to the point where he makes the big shots under the gun.

I love the discussion on this topic..... the people winning are probably taking the right shots, is my take. They have learned through experience that too many safeties can backfire, and shooting too many difficult banks can too.... John has found that fine line. There was always a lot of discussion on this topic with Efren and his one pocket shot selection. But it is hard to argue with a guy that has 8 balls sitting at the bottom of his hole.

Efren is the world's champion IN SPITE of his poor shot selection, not because of it.
Basing everything on "results analysis" dont always take you to the right place.

Beard.

As I said before, if John B played a little tighter he would shut people out.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Yes, I love the aggressiveness too. It is something that every serious player struggles with -- when to go, and when not to go -- and he has refined his skills to the point where he makes the big shots under the gun.

I love the discussion on this topic..... the people winning are probably taking the right shots, is my take. They have learned through experience that too many safeties can backfire, and shooting too many difficult banks can too.... John has found that fine line. There was always a lot of discussion on this topic with Efren and his one pocket shot selection. But it is hard to argue with a guy that has 8 balls sitting at the bottom of his hole.

Yes,don't get brainwashed Into thinking like that.I feel that has always held me back a little over the years.Ya know the part about the right shot and the wrong shot.The right shot Is the one you can make,Right?:rolleyes:John B.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
.....The right shot Is the one you can make,Right?:rolleyes:John B.

In that case, i'm not shooting a lot of right shots, but i'm working on it :)

The spot I was thinking I might be able to make you sweat with John, ball in hand every time you miss (or play safe). Haha.