Biggest embarrassment

evergruven

Verified Member
sleeveless pinstripes, the perfect balance of formal and casual!
what a great accomplishment and memento tho..what do you remember about it besides the shirt?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
But it looks like you got a haircut!
Thanks for posting the front page, great article, picture, and trophy!
Now if we only had videos of your epic matches, I'd surely love to see those!
thanks, Whitey

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
sleeveless pinstripes, the perfect balance of formal and casual!
what a great accomplishment and memento tho..what do you remember about it besides the shirt?
About everything that day. The three champions of each division played an al-around round robin for the world title. Had to play both of them 3 sessions apiece 9 ball, one pocket and 14-1. Played all day into the morning hours, nobody left! It wasn’t a cakewalk!

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
man, I imagine. really sounds like kind of a gauntlet. having to play wimpy and ronnie at their best games, and get through? super strong💪💪
I guess I’m the only player to have played former all around champions.

Ronnie won the all around in Vegas in 1966 and Lassiter was a four time winner in Johnston City thru the 60’s. They were arguably in their prime. I brought my best games forward for about 12 hrs.

Like I’ve said before it was the toughest thing I’ve ever done to win that title. Only a complete player could win that all around. I wasn’t the best complete player back in the day, but then it didn’t take long to call row either bahaha