Billy I. heres the deal..this is long but the truth

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Billy any match we play YOU are irrelevant. It all comes down to whether or not I want to put the time in to get back in stroke to give you the weight you want. Thats why I said i would not hit balls for 1 month and play you even. If your in stroke playing everyday for a month and I dont hit a ball for 1 month we will be pocketing about even with you having a slight edge, however Im going to out move you and get the money... The problem is pool is just such a dead end and it isnt worth putting the time in. Around 2002 when I was playing good I started looking at Johnny Ervolino, Danny Diliberto, Buddy Hall etc. etc. world champions without a pot to piss in. I have been with my wife since 1991 and she is the most perfect wife anyone could imagine and she is GORGEOUS. All the players that know us are so jealous of me about that. Well around 2002 I started thinking about the future(which is hard to do some time) and I started thinking about 30 or 40 years from then what would we have and I said being married I cant do that to her. If i was single it would be different. So I started a business and quit pool cold turkey. I knew to dedicate to my business I had to totally put pool behind me so I became so negative about the game. I did an unbelievable job of brainwashing myself about how bad pool is. For 3 years i didn't miss it one bit. Because of the hurricanes in 2005 I lost my business so i had to return to pool for awhile. I started playing again but the desire and any love of the game was gone. Its been 7 years and I haven't got the desire or love of the game back at all. Since Derby when we played I have hit pool balls about 6 or 7 times total. My new businesses are doing good right now so i dont need pool right now and that is probably part of the reason I dont have the desire to play right now. Im hoping I never HAVE to play pool again but it is a fall back plan for me. Because of that i match up carefully and make sure I dont knock anything I may NEED in the future. Luckily for me alot of players are like you and really dont know how I play and I like that.. others know how I play but im cool with most of them. Jason Kirkus from Atlanta(that bets all the money at Derby every year) said when we were trying to match up with one of his players.. Melrose nobody knows exactly how you play but there is one line on you and its nation wide.. If Melrose is in action BET ON HIM. LOL You can call jason and ask him that yourself. I already said what my winning percentage the last 6 or 7 years is. Before I quit in 2002 I bet my own money all the time. When I lost my business in 2005 and came back to pool I needed a backer. Now most pool players when they have backers will play any game they can get because its not their money and they dont give a shit. I was raised different than that, I guard my backers money. My money I **** off everyday( I have had a machine habit for 20 years that im trying like hell to kick) but my backers money I treat like gold. When I was getting backed I would pass up games that were 60-40 in my favor because it wasn't my money. In the last few years I have had 4 or 5 PERFECT opportunities where we were in the perfect spot to make huge scores and everytime my backers got weak or scared and we won peanuts compered to what we should of. Well those chances dont come along all the time so when they do and my backers dog the bet AND I STEAL THE MONEY!!!! but we leave way way more on the table it gets old after awhile. Playing you at derby and my backers not wanting to bet more, really was the last straw for me and getting backed. I told my backers EXACTLY what was going to happen and I told them what the score would be( i told them it would be 8 to 4 or 8 to 5 tops) So instead of betting it in a game I told them I had the nuts(and I was right) he would rather lose $ 15,000 to a backgammon pro!! LMFAO unbelievable. That drained the little bit of pool life I had in me. I have made up my mind to use pool as a backup emergency plan(I sure hope I dont have to break that glass..holy sh**) lol I will be backing a couple of players and taking trips now and then and hopefully maybe taking those trips something will kick in with my desire. One thing for sure I will be in charge of the money so i know we will be making big scores because it ALL plays. I really dont want to play alot of pool right now anyway until I kick my machine habit because I might blow any scores I make. I would rather keep those potential scores for when I either need them or I know I wont blow the money after I win it. One thing about me is that I didnt start playing pool until I was 20 years old so I never had that kids LOVE of the game. Hitting balls is SOOOOO boring to me. After 10 minutes im done. Im sure there are other people on here going through the same dilemma as me about pool.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy any match we play YOU are irrelevant. It all comes down to whether or not I want to put the time in to get back in stroke to give you the weight you want. Thats why I said i would not hit balls for 1 month and play you even. If your in stroke playing everyday for a month and I dont hit a ball for 1 month we will be pocketing about even with you having a slight edge, however Im going to out move you and get the money... The problem is pool is just such a dead end and it isnt worth putting the time in. Around 2002 when I was playing good I started looking at Johnny Ervolino, Danny Diliberto, Buddy Hall etc. etc. world champions without a pot to piss in. I have been with my wife since 1991 and she is the most perfect wife anyone could imagine and she is GORGEOUS. All the players that know us are so jealous of me about that. Well around 2002 I started thinking about the future(which is hard to do some time) and I started thinking about 30 or 40 years from then what would we have and I said being married I cant do that to her. If i was single it would be different. So I started a business and quit pool cold turkey. I knew to dedicate to my business I had to totally put pool behind me so I became so negative about the game. I did an unbelievable job of brainwashing myself about how bad pool is. For 3 years i didn't miss it one bit. Because of the hurricanes in 2005 I lost my business so i had to return to pool for awhile. I started playing again but the desire and any love of the game was gone. Its been 7 years and I haven't got the desire or love of the game back at all. Since Derby when we played I have hit pool balls about 6 or 7 times total. My new businesses are doing good right now so i dont need pool right now and that is probably part of the reason I dont have the desire to play right now. Im hoping I never HAVE to play pool again but it is a fall back plan for me. Because of that i match up carefully and make sure I dont knock anything I may NEED in the future. Luckily for me alot of players are like you and really dont know how I play and I like that.. others know how I play but im cool with most of them. Jason Kirkus from Atlanta(that bets all the money at Derby every year) said when we were trying to match up with one of his players.. Melrose nobody knows exactly how you play but there is one line on you and its nation wide.. If Melrose is in action BET ON HIM. LOL You can call jason and ask him that yourself. I already said what my winning percentage the last 6 or 7 years is. Before I quit in 2002 I bet my own money all the time. When I lost my business in 2005 and came back to pool I needed a backer. Now most pool players when they have backers will play any game they can get because its not their money and they dont give a shit. I was raised different than that, I guard my backers money. My money I **** off everyday( I have had a machine habit for 20 years that im trying like hell to kick) but my backers money I treat like gold. When I was getting backed I would pass up games that were 60-40 in my favor because it wasn't my money. In the last few years I have had 4 or 5 PERFECT opportunities where we were in the perfect spot to make huge scores and everytime my backers got weak or scared and we won peanuts compered to what we should of. Well those chances dont come along all the time so when they do and my backers dog the bet AND I STEAL THE MONEY!!!! but we leave way way more on the table it gets old after awhile. Playing you at derby and my backers not wanting to bet more, really was the last straw for me and getting backed. I told my backers EXACTLY what was going to happen and I told them what the score would be( i told them it would be 8 to 4 or 8 to 5 tops) So instead of betting it in a game I told them I had the nuts(and I was right) he would rather lose $ 15,000 to a backgammon pro!! LMFAO unbelievable. That drained the little bit of pool life I had in me. I have made up my mind to use pool as a backup emergency plan(I sure hope I dont have to break that glass..holy sh**) lol I will be backing a couple of players and taking trips now and then and hopefully maybe taking those trips something will kick in with my desire. One thing for sure I will be in charge of the money so i know we will be making big scores because it ALL plays. I really dont want to play alot of pool right now anyway until I kick my machine habit because I might blow any scores I make. I would rather keep those potential scores for when I either need them or I know I wont blow the money after I win it. One thing about me is that I didnt start playing pool until I was 20 years old so I never had that kids LOVE of the game. Hitting balls is SOOOOO boring to me. After 10 minutes im done. Im sure there are other people on here going through the same dilemma as me about pool.

What do we do now Ollie????

Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
"The problem is pool is just such a dead end and it isnt worth putting the time in."

That says it all for me. That statement is right on. You play better than me, but i'd be scared to death to have pool as my insurance. That is almost an oxymoron to me. Many on here disagree with me, which is fine of course, but money does make the world go round no matter what people say or think. If there aint no money, there just isn't anything there... no interest, no legacy, no nothin. Someone can play great pool for a few thousand, but what does it really matter? Anyway, I am jaded like you on this subject, you opened the floodgates, so excuse me :)

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Pool is....

Pool is....

......like life.To pursue it for monetary reasons is to miss the point and your bound to come up short.Hard though to look at it any other way when its there for the taking and you've got a handsome stroke .Especially when your young and the alternative is the 9 to 5.The few that do make it playing do it by combining it with another hustle.Something more conservative usually.One key is to find a sideline that makes time work for you rather than against you.To gamble as your sideline is a sure recipe for disaster.Enough pontificating even though its Sunday,to be young and alive is enough for some of us.For the rest prayer will have to do,adieu,James

Jimmy B

Verified Member
......like life.To pursue it for monetary reasons is to miss the point and your bound to come up short.Hard though to look at it any other way when its there for the taking and you've got a handsome stroke .Especially when your young and the alternative is the 9 to 5.The few that do make it playing do it by combining it with another hustle.Something more conservative usually.One key is to find a sideline that makes time work for you rather than against you.To gamble as your sideline is a sure recipe for disaster.Enough pontificating even though its Sunday,to be young and alive is enough for some of us.For the rest prayer will have to do,adieu,James

You speak in a very intelligent profound way sometimes. I have had the notion that you went to a Dead concert once upon a time and had the experience. You became aware and were never the same from then on. It can be all rainbows and butterflies one minute, and right between the eyes the next. That's living in my book......

tylerdurden

Verified Member
usblues, yes... i agree about the Sunday thinking :) I just think that if Tiger was making putts for 2 thousand instead of 10 million on the weekends.... 1) they probably would not (or could not) play/practice as much and refine their skills as much 2) nobody would give a flying crap if he made it or missed them, and nobody would ever even find out. I think all that talk about "to do it for monetary reasons" is a crock (please excuse me, i'm not eloquent i know). It is true to a certain extent, but if you get a guy that has to push 15 hours a day practicing to gain 0.5% in his game, he just aint going to do that for nothing. There necessarily must be something there. I mean do we all think L. Armstrong would have reached those levels if there wasn't a dime to be made. He just wouldn't.... but we are all entitled to our own opinion on that.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Hey...

Hey...

....JB,good to hear from you again,hey Tyler,not exactly sure Im following your drift,could you lay it on me again from another angle?Cheers,Jack

Last edited:

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
What do we do now Ollie????

Dr. Bill

....I'm thinkin'....He wants to talk you out of your money....might as well pay Him off...and move on to the next challanger.....

....what ever happened to the days....when a player would walk into a poolroom....and just yell out...."I'll play anyone in the house"......not write a book on how you can't beat Him.....and then ask you to buy it.....

....this must be the..."New Match-up"......instead of 9 to 6....they want you to lay off for a month while they hit balls.....or you hit 'em for 2 weeks and they hit 'em for 1 week....but you have to stop hitting 'em 1 week before the match......

onepockethacker

Verified Member
....I'm thinkin'....He wants to talk you out of your money....might as well pay Him off...and move on to the next challanger.....

....what ever happened to the days....when a player would walk into a poolroom....and just yell out...."I'll play anyone in the house"......not write a book on how you can't beat Him.....and then ask you to buy it.....

....this must be the..."New Match-up"......instead of 9 to 6....they want you to lay off for a month while they hit balls.....or you hit 'em for 2 weeks and they hit 'em for 1 week....but you have to stop hitting 'em 1 week before the match......

Why dont you go back to your " easiest $ 2 score I ever made" thread Im sure you had all the members captivated:rolleyes: Its really too bad for you BEING WRONG doesn't pay big money...you would have been a billionaire:p
Whats part 2 of "the easiest score I ever made"? how the cashier forgot to charge you for your preparation H:heh

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Im sure there are other people on here going through the same dilemma as me about pool.

......I'm sure your right....I must have read the same exact story...at least 100 times here on this site......

...if I was you...I'd copyright it before someone else makes $1,000,000 dollars on your delima......:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
......I'm sure your right....I must have read the same exact story...at least 100 times here on this site......

...if I was you...I'd copyright it before someone else makes $1,000,000 dollars on your delima......:D

Come on the members want more of your stories... you have them hanging on your every word... Lets hear some more of your "easiest score" stories... My personal favorite is when you found that nickel on the ground.. what a score that was!! or maybe when they forgot to charge you for the "extra cheese" on your burger.. what a "take down" that was. Come on you have your audience on pins and needles.. dont stop now:rolleyes:

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Why dont you go back to your " easiest $ 2 score I ever made" thread Im sure you had all the members captivated:rolleyes: Its really too bad for you BEING WRONG doesn't pay big money...you would have been a billionaire:p
Whats part 2 of "the easiest score I ever made"? how the cashier forgot to charge you for your preparation H:heh

....LMFAO.......part 2 will be if I ever run into your sorry ass game.....I don't care who your playing......I'm throwing it all in on your opponant.....win or loose....I'm sure your commentary on the game...will make youtube.....

.....and I believe the only envy I will have about your wife is...that she can put up with your sorry ass.....'cause I'm bettin'....you didn't lay this strategy out to her while you presented her with the IOU for a wedding ring.....:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
....LMFAO.......part 2 will be if I ever run into your sorry ass game.....I don't care who your playing......I'm throwing it all in on your opponant.....win or loose....I'm sure your commentary on the game...will make youtube.....

.....and I believe the only envy I will have about your wife is...that she can put up with your sorry ass.....'cause I'm bettin'....you didn't lay this strategy out to her while you presented her with the IOU for a wedding ring.....:lol

Come on your audience is waiting... tell them about when you won that "sawbuck" playing .10 bingo.... or when you played that $ 1 scratch off and you won a "free ticket" wooo you really scored that time... Come on you have some interesting stories :rolleyes:.. dont keep them to yourself

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Come on the members want more of your stories... you have them hanging on your every word... Lets hear some more of your "easiest score" stories... My personal favorite is when you found that nickel on the ground.. what a score that was!! or maybe when they forgot to charge you for the "extra cheese" on your burger.. what a "take down" that was. Come on you have your audience on pins and needles.. dont stop now:rolleyes:

.....I must be getting old....lmfao......I totally missed that you were belittling me......

.....a hot air balloon ride comes to mind every time you open your pie hole.....:lol

...I'm sure the machine habit you have is trying to play ....poker on the ATM Machine.....

....come on now....I have my money on....3 weeks before you implode....don't let me down......;)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
.....I must be getting old....lmfao......I totally missed that you were belittling me......

.....a hot air balloon ride comes to mind every time you open your pie hole.....:lol

...I'm sure the machine habit you have is trying to play ....poker on the ATM Machine.....

....come on now....I have my money on....3 weeks before you implode....don't let me down......;)

You must be saving all of "your great gambling" stories :rolleyes: for your book. Im sure it will be a best seller:D Your opening sentence is perfect and telling...they say some people are too dumb to know they are being insulted, I just didn't figure i would have ever run into one :lol:lol:lol:lol I hope we do run into to each other when im playing someone and you "empty out" against me... Im going to enjoy that extra $5 LMFAO:sorry

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
....oh!....by the way...all those pats on the back...you getting isn't for your prowess on the pool table.....it's me...taping the little signs on you back that say...."kick me".....:D

....have a good day....

onepockethacker

Verified Member
....oh!....by the way...all those pats on the back...you getting isn't for your prowess on the pool table.....it's me...taping the little signs on you back that say...."kick me".....:D

....have a good day....

Ok bye have a nice day, It was a pleasure as usual:rolleyes: drop me a line when you get done feeding the pigeons in the park:lol:lol wait a second... your pigeon feeding... Thats another chapter in your book!!!! that book is really coming together now

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Ok bye have a nice day, It was a pleasure as usual:rolleyes: drop me a line when you get done feeding the pigeons in the park:lol:lol wait a second... your pigeon feeding... Thats another chapter in your book!!!! that book is really coming together now

......:frus...damn your quips are killing me......maybe the I-phones will have an app to get to your new book.......

onepockethacker

Verified Member
......:frus...damn your quips are killing me......maybe the I-phones will have an app to get to your new book.......

huh? your back already? damn.. pigeon feeding must of got rained out.. can't ever trust the weather.. oh well.. there is always next sunday
P.S. Im pre ordering your book right now...those million copies will set out like hot cakes:p Im sending you $ 40 cash in the mail for a copy of your "master piece" check your mail everyday

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
huh? your back already? damn.. pigeon feeding must of got rained out.. can't ever trust the weather.. oh well.. there is always next sunday
P.S. Im pre ordering your book right now...those million copies will set out like hot cakes:p Im sending you $ 40 cash in the mail for a copy of your "master piece" check your mail everyday

....don't you think you better check your bank balance before you order the book.......I don't want you to get an overdraft fee....

....so I'm sending you an autographed copy..."free"......I can write it off to Charitable Contributions.....

...and by the way...I go to the park every day......ya see....I play guitar like you wished you played pool :cool:.....

.......but I don't sit there telling everyone how good I play.....I actually....... "PLAY" .......