Billy Palmer vs. Efren Reyes 2004 D.C.C.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
I know all the answers

I know all the answers

thin the 9 to put it down on the rail and 2 rail in behind the 11 pushing it into the stack and getting the cb up by the 1 ..... piece of cake.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 5 in a race to 3. Palmer just broke & it's Efren's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 1966
View attachment 1965
Providing he can't do anything with the 9 ball I like shooting the 12 ball (white colored ball) into the 11 ball hoping to move both balls and either send the cue ball into the rail then into the 1 ball, or possibly send the cue ball around the 1 ball 4 cushions ending up near the 6 ball positioned on the foot rail.

This shot seems a little high risk, but if hit well you can turn the break around. Playing the cue ball 4 cushions around the table off the 12 ball isn't a bad shot because the cue ball will take a safe route and quite possibly even pass the 11 ball safely if the 12 ball doesn't move it.

Both of the shots I suggested are predicated on being able to hit enough of the 12 ball to execute the shots the way they are explained. Possibly the shots may not even be available due to the position of the 12 ball.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Providing he can't do anything with the 9 ball I like shooting the 12 ball (white colored ball) into the 11 ball hoping to move both balls and either send the cue ball into the rail then into the 1 ball, or possibly send the cue ball around the 1 ball 4 cushions ending up near the 6 ball positioned on the foot rail.

This shot seems a little high risk, but if hit well you can turn the break around. Playing the cue ball 4 cushions around the table off the 12 ball isn't a bad shot because the cue ball will take a safe route and quite possibly even pass the 11 ball safely if the 12 ball doesn't move it.

Both of the shots I suggested are predicated on being able to hit enough of the 12 ball to execute the shots the way they are explained. Possibly the shots may not even be available due to the position of the 12 ball.

Billy I.

I like it. It's about the only shot that might help your position. :)
Rod.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If the 5 isnt wired, I like the 10-8-4 combo with the 4 moving the 11 to the other side. Freeze the Q to the 14.

senor

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

I like the shot.

Another option could be to move the one to your side and send the cue ball three rails. Pretty hard to sell out with good speed. You will get lucky fairly often and leave your opponent only able to see the 11.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Blackee's shot or ram the 5 and stick. You may knock his high ball away and if you cant improve your position you can minimize his position.

If I were reyes I would want some balls uptable, in 2004 he was favored against anyone in an uptable game.

Any way, you KNOW you are going back where you are and I like removing balls from my kicking path as I prepare to kick him behind it or kick it away. Another reason I like moving the balls up if I can....

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
thin the 9 to put it down on the rail and 2 rail in behind the 11 pushing it into the stack and getting the cb up by the 1 ..... piece of cake.
KOUD,

You were so close & then blew it with excessive speed:eek: . Efren looked at the 10,14,2,5 combo very hard and decided against it. He went off the 9 ball and just about froze the rock to the 11.

Efrens Reply.jpg

Here's how he left it:

Efrens Leave.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Dennis,Dennis, Dennis, surely you can do better than that.;)

Billy I.
Bill,

I do usually look around for something more interesting but they can't all be trick shots. I thought this was great because Efren left him no other ball to hit except for the one he's next to.

Dennis