Bored to death

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fanatic said:
SJD and lll

I would love to co-star in the movie but If it can't be me than I would be honored to hold auditions ---how about Angelina Jolie as a mediocre replacement ;)
I hear she throws knives but can she hold a cue...... Hmmm
XOXO
Fanny "peaches"

Fanny,

As casting director, I"m not sure our (Freddy's) budget can stand a star of "Pillow Lip's" magnitude.

The Beard-man has taken on some real high $$$ expenses with RA and I, and he's allready balking at flying YOU all over the place.(first class of course)

We are bringing Dennis on board, as technical (WEI) advisor, and Fred is OK with that. (Dennis just drinks cheap beer)
Also, the Ghost is begging for the juicy role of rack boy, (a non-speaking cameo) and he will work for peanuts.
Keith McCready is reprising his role as a MUCH older "Grady Seasons" (more cheap beer)
John Henderson is putting on weight, as we speak, for a starring role as "Sacremento Fats". (this could be a real budget stetcher)
Terry Ardeno will be head of Security (he will work for FREE)

Freddy has every faith in RA and I bringing this thing in "under budget", so lets try and keep our costs down.
We have allready begun "interviewing" local talent for various female bit parts, and the expenses are mounting. (these Arizona gal's can really put away the booze)

Fanny, another big cost-cutter...you are probably pregnant, so you won't be too much of an expense. (bar tab wise)

PS...Fred, you'll be relieved to know, RA has agreed to take on the job of "Financial Administrator". (for a very nominal fee)

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
All kidding aside

All kidding aside

SJDinPHX said:
Brainstorm;...........Freddy, I could ride on your literary coat-tails and we could co-write a real classic.

You of course would be responsible for all; Research, Typing, Editing, Haggling with publisher's, Costs involved in getting it to print, etc.

Along with your own colorful life adventures... I would also suggest some additional "True Stories" !
I could be in charge of prying storie's out of RA, and phoning them in, along with a few of my own. There would be some heavy "bar tabs" involved in that part of the venture, which of course a $10-15K advance (from you) should get us started.

We could even (for color) fabricate a story, of how, as young gunslinger's...RA and I bankrupted the entire gambling crowd in Chicago.... by me robbing the legendary Beard, at bank pool, and RA robbing Artie ( one-handed, on a 5X10 of course) at one pocket.
(not really THAT far-fetched)

Sex-ploits should play a big part also. I, of course, would take on all necessary casting duties.
I envision; Shanelle Lorraine and Jessica Alba, for the coveted role's of RA and I's "pool groupies".
For you and Artie, I'm thinking,for realism,...Rosie O'Donnell and Joan Rivers. (as "head writer" you of course, would get your pick)

Obviously, Hollywood would be clamoring for the rights. If done right, It would make the "The Hustler" and "TCOM", look like "Pool Hall Junkie's"

When it makes the big screen, I envision a fair $$$$ split as....RA, 40%...SJD 40%...You and Artie the remaining 40%. Chop it up however you want with him Fred. (you get first count)

I don't think we can miss, do you ?

I've even thought of an excellent title.."The True Story of Yukon Jack" :eek:

(alternate title..."The Color of Mud" )

PS... Cardone could be technical advisor and bit player. (out of your end, of course)

Seriously, I have been considering adding chapters penned by those who were there to spice my book up. You, Cardone, etc. A few words from RA would be nice, but I know he would cripple my budget for his services. How to compensate the contributors would be another consideration. Cardone I know I can get fer nuttin. I would just have to threaten him with the bite.

Still mulling,
the Beard

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Seriously, I have been considering adding chapters penned by those who were there to spice my book up. You, Cardone, etc. A few words from RA would be nice, but I know he would cripple my budget for his services. How to compensate the contributors would be another consideration. Cardone I know I can get fer nuttin. I would just have to threaten him with the bite.

Still mulling,
the Beard
You forgot already I am the treasurer. And Ronnie does not win playing one handed on a five by ten. And Ronnie booked a lot of looserers in his life and it would be very hard to take a maybe 50 50 percentage over a 90 percent winner. I guess if you people would gamble at other games you would realize how strong it is. When I use to go out drinking I would go with a reporter women. And I never got arrested when I was with her. I wonder why. It wasant because i was nicer.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You forgot already I am the treasurer. And Ronnie does not win playing one handed on a five by ten. And Ronnie booked a lot of looserers in his life and it would be very hard to take a maybe 50 50 percentage over a 90 percent winner. I guess if you people would gamble at other games you would realize how strong it is. When I use to go out drinking I would go with a reporter women. And I never got arrested when I was with her. I wonder why. It wasant because i was nicer.
And the reason Ronnie and me didnt play in milwakee was because Ronnie couldnt get a backer. And we both LOved the game. WE both thought we had the nuts. But Ronnie couldnt get a backer. And that was never my problem. I hope Dick is is great health. And dont spend all your money foolishly. Its ok to take a few nips. It makes you smarter.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Correction

Correction

fred bentivegna said:
I am jealous that he has now taken up with the Ghost. I know that that's easier action, but still.

the Beard

I hadn't been reading this thread, so I almost missed the above quoted doggerel...well sir, you are....

WRONG, on both counts....

#1. You say that: "now he has taken up with the Ghost".....excuse me but SJD and I have been needling each other for about 1-1/2 years now - that's about 17 months before you started sparring with him....:rolleyes:

#2. Me, easier action?.....you must have me confused with somebody else, or else you were in a pain pill fog when you wrote that - I'm one guy that you can't outwit, outwrite, outinsult, outvocabulary, or out-'bon mot'....:cool:

Please, don't be this absurd/incorrect again...referencing me in this type of context....:rolleyes:

Ghost <--------Coolly blowing across his fingertips, after responding with this little comeuppance

PS.......I forgot to throw in the 'kitchen sink'....and you can't outmove me playing One Pocket either....:)

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Walt Disney

Walt Disney

One Pocket Ghost said:
I hadn't been reading this thread, so I almost missed the above quoted doggerel...well sir, you are....

WRONG, on both counts....

#1. You say that: "now he has taken up with the Ghost".....excuse me but SJD and I have been needling each other for about 1-1/2 years now - that's about 17 months before you started sparring with him....:rolleyes:

#2. Me, easier action?.....you must have me confused with somebody else, or else you were in a pain pill fog when you wrote that - I'm one guy that you can't outwit, outwrite, outinsult, outvocabulary, or out-'bon mot'....:cool:

Please, don't be this absurd/incorrect again...referencing me in this type of context....:rolleyes:

Ghost <--------Coolly blowing across his fingertips, after responding with this little comeuppance

PS.......I forgot to throw in the 'kitchen sink'....and you can't outmove me playing One Pocket either....:)

...And then they resurrected Walt Disney and he offered to make a fantasy cartoon out of the whole thing... except for your last line -- even a dead Disney thought he couldnt get anybody to believe that.

the Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
...And then they resurrected Walt Disney and he offered to make a fantasy cartoon out of the whole thing... except for your last line -- even a dead Disney thought he couldnt get anybody to believe that.

the Beard

Thanks!.....Your Disney/Bambi-level, weak comeback to my 'Bunkerbuster' of a post...gave it validation.....:cool:

- Ghost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

the Beard

One Pocket Ghost said:
Thanks!.....Your Disney/Bambi-level, weak comeback to my 'Bunkerbuster' of a post...gave it validation.....:cool:
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dick, how did you do it? You have the Chicago boys after each other now.

Freddie, take it easy on him. He is on my dance card in Galveston. We will teach him respect his elders.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:

the Beard

One Pocket Ghost said:
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dick, how did you do it? You have the Chicago boys after each other now.

Freddie, take it easy on him. He is on my dance card in Galveston. We will teach him respect his elders.
I would like to get a answer because I have asked a lot of people. Why do the great players get so fat and let themselves go? Whats behind all of that?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:

We will teach him respect his elders.

C'mon now John don't be an ageist here...:rolleyes:...the reality is, as the paper trail shows....I was the one disrespected....and as my past years of postings show, and as people who know me are aware of....

I NEVER start fights - but I DO finish them.....:cool:

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
C'mon now John don't be an ageist here...:rolleyes:...the reality is, as the paper trail shows....I was the one disrespected....and as my past years of postings show, and as people who know me are aware of....

I NEVER start fights - but I DO finish them.....:cool:

- Ghost

We're not talking Clay Aiken here. We know how to fight !

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The reason people are board is because they dont enjoy what they are doing.
WE only live once so thier is nothing to be afraid of and we all know its all temparary. So take all the challanges you mite only get one chance at it and its better to try then to say I never did it. We gat one chance in life so do it all and let faith control our destieney. Face your fears and your toughest chalanges. And you will become strong and powerfull. And even your attitude will become stronger and more powerfull. And you will be a stronger and more powerfull person. And it will show. Anyone want cicreatick counceling? I dont have a liscence but i am Qoulified. I used it on myself my whole life. Thinking is the key to finding answers. Have a great one pocket day. May the green felt motavate you and turn you on to play. Try something different today. What do you think you are in the world for. You guess areant very nice but in a crises I wouldnt want anyone on my side but you. BEcause you show what you are made off. And know one can change you but you. I have tried to figure you out but its not easy. Thier are many complex minds on this site. And everyone has thier own Ideas. If we all went on a slow boat to china how many of us would be left. I know I would be the first to go because I cant swim. And If thier was a tew pool tables aboard nobody might make it to china. On the one pocket voage with unusual minds. BUt a trip like that would show what we are realy like. And everyone would realy get to know each other. Wright know we dont even know hwo we all are. Its a every day talking and diagram relationship. But every know and then when it gets to unbarable some people drop off. But its like withe the doctors thier are always knew patence. And this is how they get thier excitment and take out thier frustrations. Remember these are the people who stimulate you and get you blood pressure up. Not everyone can do that. But I belive if one of these people needed help we would all unite and do are part. Whatever we can do. And like Paul Newmen said in the movie THATS ALL I GOT. Dont do anything you dont want to do.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
WE only live once so thier is nothing to be afraid of and we all know its all temparary. So take all the challanges you mite only get one chance at it and its better to try then to say I never did it. We gat one chance in life so do it all and let faith control our destieney. Face your fears and your toughest chalanges. And you will become strong and powerfull. And even your attitude will become stronger and more powerfull. And you will be a stronger and more powerfull person. And it will show. Anyone want cicreatick counceling? I dont have a liscence but i am Qoulified. I used it on myself my whole life. Thinking is the key to finding answers. Have a great one pocket day. May the green felt motavate you and turn you on to play. Try something different today. What do you think you are in the world for. You guess areant very nice but in a crises I wouldnt want anyone on my side but you. BEcause you show what you are made off. And know one can change you but you. I have tried to figure you out but its not easy. Thier are many complex minds on this site. And everyone has thier own Ideas. If we all went on a slow boat to china how many of us would be left. I know I would be the first to go because I cant swim. And If thier was a tew pool tables aboard nobody might make it to china. On the one pocket voage with unusual minds. BUt a trip like that would show what we are realy like. And everyone would realy get to know each other. Wright know we dont even know hwo we all are. Its a every day talking and diagram relationship. But every know and then when it gets to unbarable some people drop off. But its like withe the doctors thier are always knew patence. And this is how they get thier excitment and take out thier frustrations. Remember these are the people who stimulate you and get you blood pressure up. Not everyone can do that. But I belive if one of these people needed help we would all unite and do are part. Whatever we can do. And like Paul Newmen said in the movie THATS ALL I GOT. Dont do anything you dont want to do.

Artie,

Not trying to gig you on your spelling, but in order to understand your thoughtful post.... could you please define "cicreatick"

Thank you,

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Artie,

Not trying to gig you on your spelling, but in order to understand your thoughtful post.... could you please define "cicreatick"

Thank you,

After staring at it awhile, I think he mispelled it. What he meant to spell was sike-e-atrick. Right Artie?;)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cicreatick

Cicreatick

CaliRed said:
After staring at it awhile, I think he mispelled it. What he meant to spell was sike-e-atrick. Right Artie?;)

CaliRed; You da man. I can work the sunday crossword puzzle, but couldn't get that one.
Rod.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Artie,

Thank you,
Citreatrick treatment. I might go thier fpr my spelling but not in this lifetme it would take to lond. And all my teachers would kill themselves. And I dont want to be responsable for those perfect spellling teachers. Working by the houer. But I will admite that was a pretty brutel mis spelled word. I would have done better in the cave man days the didnt have to spell. But one pocket is not about spelling its about what we know. But I apreciate your thought fullness and your heart felt response.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Progress Report

Progress Report

Back to the movie...Fred !..:cool:

RA and I, are working hard every day, getting this thing rolling. We are up at the crack of noon, and drink..er..ah, I mean work...long hours, well into the night.

Just last night, we were out interviewing for potential roles, and good news Fanny !!! We have found the perfect girl for the high profile part of your character.

Bubbles Le Fluer (my favorite lap dancer at the Gentleman's Club) is the leader in the club house now.
She has bribed RA for the job, by offering him a year of free "lap dances"... Payable as soon as she locates his LAP. :rolleyes:

We also believe we can get Jack ("You can't handle the truth") Nicholson, for the part of Artie, and Bill Murray, will play you. (cheap)

Another real break,..they both play MORE than adequate one pocket for "those" roles, so we will not have to waste time, or money training them to "look good" for the pool scenes. I am striving for realism here. :eek:

We have also sent a considerable cash advance, ($50) to Vapros and Larry (lll) for their new jobs as "Technical Advisor's". Cardone wanted way to much $$$$$$. (but then, he hasn't met Bubbles yet)

CaliRed will be in charge of computer programing, and the Ghost will play the part of an irritating, obnoxious, rail-bug/pool detective. (needle me will ya)
Also, I am casting John H. in the part of a high rolling pimp for Chicago hooker's.
Can you write a scene, where he destroys the Ghost in a "60 ahead" session...for $45 ? (we may have to edit it down a bit)

San,
Casting Director

PS...Fred, the 10K you sent last Thursday, is almost gone...I assume additional expense money will be forthcoming.
(RA's suite at the Arizona Biltmore, is a little in arrears...as we speak.)

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Just last night, we were out interviewing for potential roles, and good news Fanny !!! We have found the perfect girl for the high profile part of your character.

Bubbles Le Fluer (my favorite lap dancer at the Gentleman's Club) is the leader in the club house now.
She has bribed RA for the job, by offering him a year of free "lap dances"... Payable as soon as she locates his LAP. :rolleyes:

Is this the Bubbles Le Fluer, you speak of? If so, it seems she's a little out of it. Yukon Jack isn't for the ladies, you know. Talk about a fall from grace.

http://www.guzer.com/animations/bubble_girl.php