Brumback & Co. in Vegas

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John got beat up pretty good by Raphael Martinez to get knocked out of the tournament, 3 games to 1. It didn't help that John made a few uncharacteristic mistakes, but Martinez definitely put some moves on John, too.

So that ends the run for our first OnePocket.org sponsored player. Thanks again to all of you that contributed to make this possible for John. He might not have won, but hopefully he enjoyed the experience (aside from the losses) and hopefully also this encourages him to continue to develop his One Pocket game going forward.

As expected, John always presented himself well, handled himself well, and gave it a complete effort. Thank you John, for representing us well!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
We all still have faith in you John, onepocket.org couldn't find a better ambassadour for this event. Win or lose you're still the best :)

In a few hours we will have the first onepocket.org match-up, with me and BernieP getting at it. I really shouldn't be there, my opponent in the first match, David Maddux (sp?), beat himself thanks to a couple of fortunate rolls from me. He moved better than me, but I still somehow managed to win.

Was really nervous before my first match, cause my last real one-pocket match was DCC in 2010. People just don't play the game here in Norway.

JoeyA cruised into a 4-0 win, Lou destroyed his opponent on the tv-table, Henderson's opponent didn't show and Bernie handily won 4-1.

Winner of Henderson's match will play bernie or me.

This whole Vegas-event is great and thanks to Mark Griffin for putting it together!!!

Roy has been playing pretty sporty, so don't buy all this "my heart was aflutter" bs :)

The TV table was quite an experience and I'll be writing more on that later. Regrettably, they did not save it so that match was shot into outer space and I'll never see it :-(

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
It's too bad that a few of our boys got placed into the same bracket, although that's going to happen in a 64 man field.

Looks like Lou is going to have to tangle with R. Martinez. Well, he's played tough players before.;)

Might be shaping up for a Frost/Schmidt contest in the bottom third of the chart, and a Reyes/Joyner match in the top third.

We also might see a Henderson/Pettipiece contest.

The brackets are online at: http://ctsondemand.com/BracketViewer.aspx?BracketID=16772186

Doc

Lou loses to Rafael 0-4, but I was actually in it most of the way, getting to five and six a couple of times. But, time and again he'd come with some amazing shots, like when I had two balls on my side after the break and I've got the CB on the other side of the stack and he jacks up and masse kicks into one ball and knocks both balls to his side and leaves me hooked. What I didn't like was that Rafael was a bit of a dick during our match. The only guy at any of the dozens of events I've played in that I've had any kind of an issue with.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Patrick said:
I bought the stream and I was watching it all last night, including Lou beating Richard Harris on the TV table.

Good luck to all the forum members playing in the tourney.

-Patrick

lol, how'd I look?

Lou Figueroa
will never see it

lfigueroa

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Steve....Nobody has reported to us, from Vegas, with this very important info...

Is John Barton there with his Aiming System, to play all of his $$$ One Pocket challenge matches?..;)...:D

- Ghost

No sign of JBC.

Lou Figueroa