Bunt or swing away?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

All depending on the exact angles involved, I would attempt this shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1EXxD2HWoT2Kata1PPTl4Qdfv3RcYu1YXxD1YVUl3YbRs3YWrl3YWKI1kPTl1kbaf1kaLq1uClB@[/CUETABLE]

You can only get one, and anything less than the ball going or hitting it with perfect speed results in a good chance of selling out a bank. At 6-6, I'm gonna pass, probably bunt off the 8.

Lou Figueroa
I think
therefore
I pass :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
IF, your goal here is not leaving your opponent a shot....

Dennis's shot can leave a cross-corner....hit skin's bunt a little off and you sell out the 8....and Jay, who said he likes to play very safe, well, his shot can easily leave a straight back bank....

Here's an easy to execute shot that will leave your opponent 100% safe....just spin the cue ball softly and thinly off the side of the 8 - the balls ending up as shown >>>

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1EYNs2HWPT2KYnb1PPDn2cWPT2ccdQ2cYbK1kPDn2kVaY2kcGW2kSCr1kdBh@

- Ghost

PS, Dennis, maybe you can display the table for me - thanks.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
lll said:
next i thin the eight and leave you on the foot rail about a diamond from pocket b. ill let you let fly the 3 railer with distance on my side. p.s. dennis's shot is THE shot to me. its easy to execute. fanny with practice there is no scratch. i bet fanny if the pockets were reversed and the 5 was near your opponents hole you could remove it that way without scratching

I'm all for practicing shots and learning, but just as a philosophical question: should not the right way for a player to decide on whether a shot works for them, be based on what's going to happen the first time they pull the trigger on a shot? I mean, that's all you're going to get in a live fire situation.

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

Dennis's shot can leave a cross-corner....hit skin's bunt a little off and you sell out the 8....and Jay, who said he likes to play very safe, well, his shot can easily leave a straight back bank....

Here's an easy to execute shot that will leave your opponent safe for sure....just spin softly and thinly off the side of the 8 - the balls ending up as shown >>>

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1EYNs2HWPT2KYnb1PPDn2cWPT2ccdQ2cYbK1kPDn2kVaY2kcGW2kSCr1kdBh@

- Ghost

I Am Not Picking on you but you will think that way anyway. But Your Shot Is A noting shot And I Will Put You In A tough position on your next shot. Take The Game To A Higher Levele And Think more ahead. And you will improve your game. You havev the basicks down good. Put You need to think deeper into your shots. Not A lot of people will understand that But You know enough to under stand what I am telling you. It will not hurt your game it will help your game. Go deeper into your shot.

Skin

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
I'm all for practicing shots and learning, but just as a philosophical question: should not the right way for a player to decide on whether a shot works for them, be based on what's going to happen the first time they pull the trigger on a shot? I mean, that's all you're going to get in a live fire situation.

Lou Figueroa

I think you are 100% correct about that Lou except I get a lot out of practice when I stop at an interesting situation, mark the ball positions, and try many ways to play out of it. Some of the shots I encounter I never shoot, so I really don't know what my execution percentage is on them. If it is low, then I shoot it over and over to figure it out and see if I can bring the execution up. Plus, I learn some new shots and moves that way. I think all of that experience will only help me make the right decision in a live fire situation.

Skin

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:

Here's an easy to execute shot that will leave your opponent 100% safe....just spin the cue ball softly and thinly off the side of the 8 - the balls ending up as shown >>>

- Ghost

No problem Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1EYNs2HWPT2KYnb1PPDn2cWPT2ccdQ2cYbK1kPDn2kVaY2kcGW2kSCr1kdBh@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
No problem Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1EYNs2HWPT2KYnb1PPDn2cWPT2ccdQ2cYbK1kPDn2kVaY2kcGW2kSCr1kdBh@[/CUETABLE]
Thats the shot I Am Talking About Its no Good. And I am Talking about the shot not you. On My Next Shot I Will Cut the 8 ball to The First dimond and the cue ball to the one and a half dimond on the same sidfe. as the eight ball and you are in trouble. And I have positioned the ball were I want them and I control the table. And I can even ue the 11 ball to trap you with. But I donnt want to go that far or deep into the game. we will keep in simple. So the other players can learn. Anfd The reason you shot the eight ball the way you did is because you didnt go far enough into the game. And That Probly isnt your style. Playing a good safty you think you did good. But that is not the case. You Are Correct that you left your opponent safe. But You didnt see ahead off time what he can do to you from that positon. Because you didnt think ahead far enough. Do you see it nowe? Its Even money you wont agree. But Thats What Stops you from learning.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I Am Not Picking on you but you will think that way anyway. But Your Shot Is A noting shot

No surprise....I knew it wouldn't take long for the knocking to start from you....

You say my shot is a "nothing" shot....Ok then, let's see your "something" shot in this spot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
On My Next Shot I Will Cut the 8 ball to The First dimond and the cue ball to the one and a half dimond on the same sidfe. as the eight ball and you are in trouble.

You think that's leaving somebody in trouble, lol ?.....You're hallucinating again - I'm in no trouble at all from there.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats the shot I Am Talking About Its no Good. And I am Talking about the shot not you. On My Next Shot I Will Cut the 8 ball to The First dimond and the cue ball to the one and a half dimond on the same sidfe. as the eight ball and you are in trouble. And I have positioned the ball were I want them and I control the table. And I can even ue the 11 ball to trap you with. But I donnt want to go that far or deep into the game. we will keep in simple. So the other players can learn. Anfd The reason you shot the eight ball the way you did is because you didnt go far enough into the game. And That Probly isnt your style. Playing a good safty you think you did good. But that is not the case. You Are Correct that you left your opponent safe. But You didnt see ahead off time what he can do to you from that positon. Because you didnt think ahead far enough. Do you see it nowe? Its Even money you wont agree. But Thats What Stops you from learning.

Artie, it's essential that you learn to use the WEI TABLE, that way you can illustrate how you are thinking. I myself don't know how to use it, but it would make this site and a lot of people very happy and more entertained if we did.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
No surprise....I knew it wouldn't take long for the knocking to start from you....

You say my shot is a "nothing" shot....Ok then, let's see your "something" shot in this spot.
I am not knocking you I am trying to get you to go to a higher levele of thinking. I would kick at the 5 ball to my pocket. Or I Would cut the 5 ball in the pocket with a full hit and bring the cue ball to the Quistion mark on the table and you willbank the 5 ball up the table or cross corner to your pocket. But I Hope That You Lok at what I said about the eight ball. And If You dont want to learn fine. I will just not reply on what you say about a shots if thats what you want.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Artie, it's essential that you learn to use the WEI TABLE, that way you can illustrate how you are thinking. I myself don't know how to use it, but it would make this site and a lot of people very happy and more entertained if we did.
Are You THe Backer. Ha Ha Ha I No Dennies was nice enough to offer it to me. And I Replied That I Would But Not Wright Now. My Mind Is Not in that spot. BUt I will Take Up Dennies on his over. And Theirs Is So Much to learn it will take 10 lifetimes. Even Photo shop is great to learn. But Its Great Billy That You Are Still Open Minded. Because Most Papies Arent. And I see You being very active through your whole journey in life. And You Are Realy On Ot The Greatest Caracters in life. And Not Just Pool. You have always been a person that was welling to learn something knew. And not to many people are like that. BUt You always got a thrill out of taking new chalanges. And You would learn anything that you enjoyed and thought was worth learning. And I can Say I Am Glade THat I know you. And I know you understand. And Your Just A Little bit Stubern. Just A little Bit.Have a Great Day. I hope You Dont Have To Work Sat And Sunday?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
wincardona said:

Artie and Billy.... Please click on the thread from me about a New - WIE Table basic tutorial.. it's 3 or 4 threads down from here. It will have you knocking out a table in no time. It was meant for you to be able to see and hear how it's done, as opposed to reading about it.

CaliRed

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
You think that's leaving somebody in trouble, lol ?.....You're hallucinating again - I'm in no trouble at all from there.
No Trouble No Trouble THen What Did You Accomplish with your 8 ball shot? And THe Cue Ball Isnt Aotomatickly going to frezze on the rail either. Why Did You Even Shoot THat Shot?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Artie and Billy.... Please click on the thread from me about a New - WIE Table basic tutorial.. it's 3 or 4 threads down from here. It will have you knocking out a table in no time. It was meant for you to be able to see and hear how it's done, as opposed to reading about it.

CaliRed
Thanks A million times I see what you are saying and I appriciate it 100 times. But I am not mentaly readt Wright Know To do it. Put I will Remember Your Post will not be forgotten. THank You Again. Go For it Billy You will feel great once you learn it . And You Will Be Ahead Of Me. Ypu Are Better looking But Im Still smarter. Were Is Canolie Freddy. He Must Be Out Hustling Banks.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Yes

Yes

Artie Bodendorfer said:
I will just not reply on what you say about a shots if thats what you want.

That is exactly what I would like, and I will do the same and not comment on your shots....It would definitely be the best thing for the other posters and for onepocket.org - and from my recent phone conversation with Steve Booth, I know that this would make him happy also.

PLEASE do this, like you offered - thank you.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
That is exactly what I would like, and I will do the same and not comment on your shots....It would definitely be the best thing for the other posters and for onepocket.org - and from my recent phone conversation with Steve Booth, I know that this would make him happy also.

I will not Reply on your posts on a shot. And You Can Reply on mein. Its Ok. Gosat Your not alone .We are all one big happy family. Even Though We dont agree. Not Too many people agree anyway. I Think Steve Should Reply On These Shots Too. You Are Part Of One Pocket . Org Family Arent you? And People would love to her your replies. Because You Are The Boss We Would Love To Her From You. Communication is the spice of life.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

If you guys aren't talking any more.....CAN I PLEASE BE YOUR GO-BETWEEN ?

Dick <--would be careful not to start a riot...he helped Artie and Fred kiss and make up, heh,heh :eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thanks A million times I see what you are saying and I appriciate it 100 times. But I am not mentaly readt Wright Know To do it. Put I will Remember Your Post will not be forgotten. THank You Again. Go For it Billy You will feel great once you learn it . And You Will Be Ahead Of Me. Ypu Are Better looking But Im Still smarter. Were Is Canolie Freddy. He Must Be Out Hustling Banks.

Canolie Freddie is better looking and smarter than both of us, that's why he's not out hustling banks, he's hustling the gals.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
If you guys aren't talking any more.....CAN I PLEASE BE YOUR GO-BETWEEN ?

Dick <--would be careful not to start a riot...he helped Artie and Fred kiss and make up, heh,heh :eek:
Its Ok With Me But If I Give You His Nuirse and Buy You 10 Beers And !0 Shooters. The would say I am Bribing you. And You No We cant be bribed. You Are Bribe proof. Get A short beer on me anyway. I Said A short One.