C. Deuel vs. S.V.B. 2012 Tunica

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The score is Deuel -2 and S.V.B. -1. It's S.V.B.'s shot. What would you do?

svb1.jpg

svb2.jpg

Oops, I forgot the ball numbers, the Duck will be unhappy with me.

ball numbers.jpg

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
it is early in the game, corey is down 2 balls, I would combo bank the 2-5 and stick the cue... If hit correctly the five should be close to my pocket, which would be a threat. If he wants to back cut the 11 from there he sends more balls towards my pocket. I think it is better than rolling the 7 and putting the cue on the bottom rail... which is passive... I would rather try and turn the table to my advantage now...

B

Ktown

Verified Member
Easy shot is the 2 rail stop shot on the 1 although it just an inning move not a winning move.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I like a shot from here so much that I'm going to post it, something I don't usually do in my own layout threads (being burdened with knowing what happened). I like spearing the 6 back into the 7 and letting the rock maybe knock the 10 over my way. You'll very likely clear out the 6, 7, 1, and maybe the 11.

cbd's shot.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
There is no chance at all that anything good can happen for me until I get some balls on my side of the table, so I will bank the 1 ball toward the 4 ball, planning to hit the 6 and 7 with the cueball coming off the short rail. I think that's a good idea and I think I can do it. A bit of left english.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
How about a split hit on the 6 and 7? I would have to be at the table to see whether to favor one side or the other. I thinK I would favor hitting the 7 first, and just draw the cueball a few inches so I do not leave a bank on the 6.

(I think Frank came up with a better shot than me)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Oops, I forgot the ball numbers, the Duck will be unhappy with me.

View attachment 7485

He will be unhappy no matter what you do :p

I would shot the 1 and stick here myself. Maybe there are better shots, I would not even look for them :) Starting to learn a lot about the reasons that I lose :lol

Edit: I see now I hijacked Ktown's shot. That is one of my strongest moves in this place.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
it is early in the game, corey is down 2 balls, I would combo bank the 2-5 and stick the cue... If hit correctly the five should be close to my pocket, which would be a threat. If he wants to back cut the 11 from there he sends more balls towards my pocket. I think it is better than rolling the 7 and putting the cue on the bottom rail... which is passive... I would rather try and turn the table to my advantage now...

B

Bille,

That's the type of shot I might shoot if gambling just to see what the guy would do. Only bad thing is you may leave a cross-corner on the 5.

Dennis

THood

From
Westford, MA
Easy shot is the 2 rail stop shot on the 1 although it just an inning move not a winning move.

I like 2-railing the 1 into the stack. It loosens things up a bit, maybe lets me see something next time I'm left long, plus it's high percentage. I see this as a better option than the 7-6 clear. Moving balls out of the other guy's hole is a good thing, but moving balls into mine at the same time is a better thing.

Now the 7-6 carom is interesting. Well hit, this could be good. It puts at least the six my direction and if you can drift whitey into the stack, all the better. Over all, though, if I can move the whole stack, I rather do that than only the six. Two-railing the 1 is my move I think. 'Course I lose a lot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i like the shot on the one ball too
i might draw back just a little to have the 11 as a blocker for any balls that might be bankable
dd2.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like 2-railing the 1 into the stack. It loosens things up a bit, maybe lets me see something next time I'm left long, plus it's high percentage. I see this as a better option than the 7-6 clear. Moving balls out of the other guy's hole is a good thing, but moving balls into mine at the same time is a better thing.Now the 7-6 carom is interesting. Well hit, this could be good. It puts at least the six my direction and if you can drift whitey into the stack, all the better. Over all, though, if I can move the whole stack, I rather do that than only the six. Two-railing the 1 is my move I think. 'Course I lose a lot.

thats usually good advice

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
i like the shot on the one ball too
i might draw back just a little to have the 11 as a blocker for any balls that might be bankable
View attachment 7488

This is the shot I like. It seizes control of the game and and opens balls on my side. Not the least of it's virtues is that is 100% executable with little chance of something going wrong. The only nuance I would impose on it would be to stick the cue ball instead of trying to get it to draw. The effort to draw could create more opportunity for chaos if not hit perfectly.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm shooting the 15 into the side rail into the 1 ball and stopping the cue ball.

Should steal the break and put Duel in real trouble.

Bill S.

bstroud

Verified Member
What if the 15 sticks after hitting the one? Good chance?

Look at the overhead pic.

There is no chance the 15 would stick if you hit it with proper speed.
The result is worth any potential risk and will probably win the game.

Bill S.