Calderon v. JHall

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
His game reminds me of something Ronnie Allen used to say - ‘You might beat me, but you will be too tired to spend the money’.
While I was still going to the poolroom I watched him play at Big Time and Bogies in Houston. Several matches/games over the course of probably two years…. He played just good enough to get the money, every single time…I never saw him lose! Somebody asked me, how good does this guy really play? My answer was, in typical country hillbilly “Ain’t nobody figured that out just yet!” “ Seems he plays about as good as he needs to, to get the cash!” He made a good living around Houston, in a pretty tough market…. Playing pool and keeping your game under wraps is harder today than it ever has been in the past… This guy impressed me with how he moved around and got games from people who had money and would lose something… Never did I see him play cheap, it was always for more than wages and oft times it was for really good money….If he gets a game, I wouldn’t bet against him! And Hendy, if they do beat him, “They will be wringing wet!”

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok in think I bet somebody also.
If this is streamed I'll take Alex for a hundred.
yes it was sneakynito! I guess we have to postpone this. I'll take Gorst vs Compton or Roberts vs Lunda or Deuel vs Gomez -- any of those for 50 or a 100 if you want :D