cincy_kid -vs- jtompilotm - FREE STREAM!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

In Onepocket.org land... this match is a must see!! Have fun boys...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
THE BATTLE AT THE BREAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
play well cincy and jim

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Less than 12 hours away!

Jim and I will be playing tonight at 6 PM EST on the stream table tonight at Breakers.

Free stream for anyone who wants to watch!

https://www.breakers-grill.com/watch/

EDIT - sorry jim, I added an extra "m" on your username lol...

Hey Chris...what's the spot? - after all, we've got degenerate gamblers here on the site who might want to bet on the games...:eek:...:heh...

And here's a suggestion...in consideration of the viewing sweaters, bring 14 nickels with you to lay out above each of your pockets to represent the ball score - or instead, hold up the correlating amount of fingers in front of the camera every 5 minutes...:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Chris...what's the spot? - after all, we've got degenerate gamblers here on the site who might want to bet on the games...:eek:...:heh...

And here's a suggestion...in consideration of the viewing sweaters, bring 14 nickels with you to lay out above each of your pockets to represent the ball score - or instead, hold up the correlating amount of fingers front of the camera every 5 minutes...:)

- Ghost

made me laugh out loud ghost thanks for that!

I don't think he would mind if I told so I will just say, we played twice before, he gave me 9/7 and breaks the first time and the second time just straight up 9/7. Both ended up the exact same outcome. We broke even but I won the very last game for time... :)

This time, we are playing even for $20 a game - like I said in another thread, I will play any human even for $20 because if they are better than me, I consider it cheap lessons and hopefully I learn something...

Now if we were playing for $50? I would probably need that 9/7 back hehe...(the same I need from you to start with..may need more later lol!)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This time, we are playing even for $20 a game

Well, no offense brother Chris :D but that just killed any potential side action...:heh...:p

P.S. I can't believe you didn't rape brother Jim :eek: when you got that 9-7 and the breaks - I would have bet all I had on you with that game...:cool:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well, no offense brother Chris :D but that just killed any potential side action...:heh...:p

P.S. I can't believe you didn't rape brother Jim :eek: when you got that 9-7 and the breaks - I would have bet all I had on you with that game...:cool:

Sorry Ghost!

also, I had just joined onepocket.org at the time and puled my stick out after 15 years of not playing, I probably needed more weight than that but I think he played bad that session.

Don't forget, I still only get to play pool about once every 4-6 weeks, which is one of these 4 or 5 hour sessions like tonight that I get to play..so no practice ever! If I got to play every day, whoa watch out! :eek:

Jim plays good too, don't forget he took 2nd last year at the member tourney and maybe had to beat you to get there! :D

But on a side note, if anyone wants to bet some mailbox money, I will still play him even and take 4 to 1 on the money. My $50 against your $200 for whoever wins the most games tonight between he and I. :)

(there's your action buddy...hehe)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Also, on a side note, for those interested, you can hop in the discord voice channel and either hang out and chat about he match or try your hand at some commentating.. :)

You can connect from your phone or computer and listen. To talk you would have to either do it on your phone or you have to have a mic/headset on your computer/laptop.

Since I am guessing most may use their phone, here are those instructions.

Instructions for the Phone

For the phone, I would just download the free discord app and once you join the onepocket server you can press the 3 lines in the top left hand corner which brings up a menu that looks something like this:

You want to press on the General room that has the speaker next to it (the one I have circled). The one that says #general right above it is to go back to the text part of the chat program, but since you want the audio/voice room that is the one I have circled.

Once you press on it, you join the room and will hear anything that is being said, it's live!

To talk yourself, you have 2 options:

- Voice Activation: If you have it on this setting, then all you have to do is talk in your phone like normal and people will hear you in the channel. This is the easiest way to do it because all you do is talk. However, keep in mind, it may also pick up any background noises like your wife yelling or dog barking if they are close enough hehe...

- Press to talk: This is the method I prefer and how I have used it and other voice program for years. With this setting, you can talk all you want in the background and have a party at your house and no one would know it! The only time someone can hear you is if you PRESS THE BUTTON to speak.

To make sure you are on the correct setting or to change it, press the little gear icon in the bottom right hand corner (circled in the picture above).

This takes you to this screen, where you will select Voice & Video:

Once here, the very first option at the top is where you change it from Voice Activation to push to talk:

That's it! Then just press the back arrow in the top left until you get back to the channel which looks like this:

The blue button at the bottom you have to hold in while you talk and let go to stop talking (like a walkie talkie).

If you want to mute yourself so no one can hear you no matter what, press the mute button, to not hear anything, press the deafen button. To disconnect from the voice chat completely, press the bottom right hand icon that shows a phone hanging up.

I think that's pretty much it. I think Mitch may try tonight and maybe Dustin so feel free to hop in if you want!

If you are connecting via the computer its pretty much the same thing and if you get lost, they have a good search feature for help:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I may jump on the discord app if anybody wants to sweat the match and shoot the breeze. Might be good for prop bets during the games too hehe. (Ahem Miller)

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
At the risk of coming across as a pretentious asshole, I have one advice for you two: please do not post any WWYD's following your match. LOL

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well, I wish I would have played better but I had a bad night and Jim played good and he got the cheese! We both missed a lot of balls so hopefully not many watched the bad parts lol.. =D

Don't know why this darn pic turned out so crappy but it is what it is.

Good games buddy, safe flight, see you next time!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Well, I wish I would have played better but I had a bad night and Jim played good and he got the cheese! We both missed a lot of balls so hopefully not many watched the bad parts lol.. =D

Don't know why this darn pic turned out so crappy but it is what it is.

Good games buddy, safe flight, see you next time!

I couldn't watch til the end, but saw many of the games. You both did good things then let the other back in. Not your norm but I liked watching you both think. Thanks for sharing w/us!

Dave

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Yeah thanks for putting yourselves out there for us to sweat. It was great to watch you guys. Thanks!!!

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
It was great putting a live player to a name on .org. Gives me a better fill how members are playing and why one gets a spot over the other. Looking forward to seeing and playing members in the 3rd annual. Thanks Jim and Chris:D
Would be nice to see more matches like this.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I got to see a couple games, thanks for the stream. I have seen you both play better and you were both pretty aggressive, so I am thinking you did not bet the house and we’re serious but having fun.