Coronavirus and old geezers (like me and you)......

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Some places have done it right, like Singapore and Germany. Some places have done it wrong, like China and Italy. Most of us are over 50 and are at risk of serious illness. Take care, one pocketeers.

beatle

Verified Member
i am keeping ten feet away from people except for passerby's that i cant avoid. but i dont see anyone else even adjusting their usual routines at all. that means the virus must spread and kill many more people here.

today went to the beach and had breakfast away from people and saw a group of mostly older folks all bunched together at two picnic tables and hugging each other as they showed up and left and one was coughing a lot. i wondered how many of those will be dead in a few weeks.

beatle

Verified Member
exactly and now i will ask for a bigger spot from anyone i play later on that has a home table as they will be much improved.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I just read that in Italy there are so many sick people they are not allowing anyone 80 or over or with previous serious health problems to be admitted to the hospital.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I also just read that the president of China Ji Jinping, just visited Wuhan and said that the virus has been put under control and that they have closed all 10 of the hospitals they erected just for the virus patients and expect things to go back to normal soon.
Hmmmmmmmm, we shall see.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Chicago poolroom attendance report - Sunday afternoon 3/15/2020...

Went to Chris's today - all of the regulars were there - 18 tables were going this afternoon - the poolplaying addiction is strong - one 3cushion player wearing a mask.

Going to the pool room is a death wish. Has anyone ever told you not to step in front of buses? I have an addiction (or two), one is breathing without a tube.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Am I the only person who has been finding out what to do when you run out of toilet paper?
Three scenarios
1. Plenty of water ...you use a handheld bidet , I'm using warmed up water for mine
2. Shortage of water.....pieces of cloth , then dispose of them.
3. Use the pages out of all my pool and chess related books,...... won't be needing those anyway.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
My brilliant idea from this morning. Go old school and subscribe to the newspaper. The news AND toilet paper delivered to your door daily

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Going to the pool room is a death wish. Has anyone ever told you not to step in front of buses?

Your concern for my well being has me feeling all warm and fuzzy. 🧸 ...

Why don't you caution your 'better half' John instead, since he also said he was going to the poolroom 2 days ago >>>

I am reasonably healthy at 80 years old, but realize I am in the more at risk group if/when I get it. I will be going to Hard Times, Sacramento today, hoping enough players show up to have our weekly one pocket tournament.

Last edited:

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
California Governor wants all bars closed and everyone over 65 to stay home. Shit, I was just getting in stroke.
John, CA Billiards closed last night. Will open in April. No pool rooms open. I guess we're going to have to go to the race track. Unless they closed those also.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Everyone take two weeks and do the things they have been putting off
It’s not as bad as some say and it’s worse than some say
One thing is for certain
It’s not the Black Plauge

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Am I the only person who has been finding out what to do when you run out of toilet paper?
Three scenarios
1. Plenty of water ...you use a handheld bidet , I'm using warmed up water for mine
2. Shortage of water.....pieces of cloth , then dispose of them.
3. Use the pages out of all my pool and chess related books,...... won't be needing those anyway.
Like the old joke: "Hey, you in the next stall, do you have change for a $10 bill?

GoldCrown

Verified Member
i am keeping ten feet away from people except for passerby's that i cant avoid. but i dont see anyone else even adjusting their usual routines at all. that means the virus must spread and kill many more people here.

today went to the beach and had breakfast away from people and saw a group of mostly older folks all bunched together at two picnic tables and hugging each other as they showed up and left and one was coughing a lot. i wondered how many of those will be dead in a few weeks.
The community I live in. The outdoor pool was kept open as the virus does not effect treated water (so they say). But as we know there is an element called the smart ass. They had to sit right next to each other and not consider the rules of safety. Pool is now closed thanks to them.....and they want to know why. I'm speechless.

Last edited: