Covid-19 and OnePocket.org

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Just saw on the news this morning about the Corona virus. Apparently, those with the virus tend to get "red" eyes. Something like conjunctivitis. This symptom may be a good detection. I don't know however what stage this occurs at
Also suddenly loosing sense of smell and or taste. Speaking of bad taste...lol
nuts chair.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well with a great sigh of relief I am happy to tell all of you that my wife just got her test results back after one week she does not have COVID-19. On the flipside I guess that means she still does not have any immunity from it. Whatever she got I did not seem to get which might be because I got the flu shot this year and she did not.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well with a great sigh of relief I am happy to tell all of you that my wife just got her test results back after one week she does not have COVID-19. On the flipside I guess that means she still does not have any immunity from it. Whatever she got I did not seem to get which might be because I got the flu shot this year and she did not.
Great news steve
Stay safe
larry

keoneyo

Verified Member
So happy for you Steve. But let this be a lesson to her.
Get your flu shot. There is a special one for seniors which is a bit stronger.
Doctors know what they are doing.
Ive had one every year and it has helped me weather many a storm.
PS How did she get the test. While she was in the hospital?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
So happy for you Steve. But let this be a lesson to her.
Get your flu shot. There is a special one for seniors which is a bit stronger.
Doctors know what they are doing.
Ive had one every year and it has helped me weather many a storm.
PS How did she get the test. While she was in the hospital?
Thank you keoneyo, no, she didn't have to go to the hospital. Apparently last Monday when she called her doc, after consulting on the phone and given some pre-existing conditions and her symptoms (and her age -- but don't tell her I told you lol), they set up an appointment at a brand new drive-up testing location. The current test -- if you are lucky enough to get it -- they apparently stick a small swab a long way up your nostril to get the good stuff that they want to test. She had a nose bleed off and on for the the rest of that afternoon, but later described the whole process as no big deal lol. Yes, damn it, flu shot every fall from now on!!!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Very happy for you and the wife Steve.
I got schooled on the new systems we have in place here. I tore my thumb up pretty bad Sunday night working late on my table saw. I didn't have the right stuff to stop the bleeding and needed treatment so I went to a ready care yesterday morning. The wound was pretty severe. They looked, couldnt treat it and sent me to emergency.
Complete lock down both places. They have nurses stationed to check you before entry.. If you have a fever you can not enter any ready care facility or emergency room. They have new special clinics setup for flu type patients so they send you there. ull up there's all these people sitting in their cars...weird.. you bring someone to emergency you cannot enter the building with them. Just the patient can enter. State police in the parking lot..It's not even bad here yet..
Everybody inside was gloved, masked and suited up so I applaud their vigilance. Crazy times.
I'm fine by the way, they got me fixed up, just missing a hunk out of my thumb for the next few years, got lucky...lol

baby huey

Verified Member
Everyone is in the same boat in that we all need to stay safely away from potential contaminants (people) and WASH OUR HANDS WITH SOAPY WATER AND KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR FACE. I'm a retired RN and have volunteered for service but no takers as I'm too old, so I'm told. I'm left to advising friends and family and One Pocket Members. Wash your hands frequently............

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Everyone is in the same boat in that we all need to stay safely away from potential contaminants (people) and WASH OUR HANDS WITH SOAPY WATER AND KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR FACE. I'm a retired RN and have volunteered for service but no takers as I'm too old, so I'm told. I'm left to advising friends and family and One Pocket Members. Wash your hands frequently............
My wife who is a hand washing, sanitizing doorknobs, places we touch, has been sent home from where she works, the hospital

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
In the picture, or in the field, it is pretty easy to spot the jackasses.

In real life, unfortunately, it is often difficult to discern who the jackasses are, or whether we ourselves are the jackasses. And we'll surely disagree on who is the jackass in any situation. Watch your own steps.

love this, thanks.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
In the picture, or in the field, it is pretty easy to spot the jackasses.

In real life, unfortunately, it is often difficult to discern who the jackasses are, or whether we ourselves are the jackasses. And we'll surely disagree on who is the jackass in any situation. Watch your own steps.
jackass Hahahahahaha (joke)