12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
sylver missed the 10
darrens shot
wwyd
View attachment 16041

I'm not so good at these as I tend to want to get as creative as I can, without really thinking of the right shot. So with that said:

load up the left hand spin, bank the 10 and spin to the bottom of the 9 and carom into the 5 to heard a couple balls to my side. Here's a horrible attempt of illustrating what I'm talking about.

Dave

Attachments

• 1pocketDarren.jpg
    1pocketDarren.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks to me like a little firm cut on the 9 ships out all three of those balls.

Attachments

• 2016-11-14 21_22_30-Greenshot.jpg
    2016-11-14 21_22_30-Greenshot.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 0

DickP

Verified Member
From
San Antonio, TX
What about a power draw just right-of-center on the 10, sending the 10 two rails into the 9/4, concentrating on just pulling the cue back along opponent's side rail towards the head rail? What's the score, by the way?

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Looks like Darren did what Billy said, and Sylver did what I said, except I don't see how or why Sylver's CB got out in the middle of the table.

I think I'd now play something like Dave's shot, but come into the outside of the 9.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
What about a power draw just right-of-center on the 10, sending the 10 two rails into the 9/4, concentrating on just pulling the cue back along opponent's side rail towards the head rail? What's the score, by the way?[/QUOTE]

7-0 darren ahead

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Drive the nine into an approx. half ball hit into the ten. Drift the cue ball forward with a slight force follow ( or stun follow for those who like that description better). Do not hit the four. Instead, use the four to hide the remaining balls. The nine and ten move out of town and the threat is over.

Tom

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Drive the nine into an approx. half ball hit into the ten. Drift the cue ball forward with a slight force follow ( or stun follow for those who like that description better). Do not hit the four. Instead, use the four to hide the remaining balls. The nine and ten move out of town and the threat is over.

Tom

Its hard to tell at the picture angle but if you can get the CB behind the 4 with some force follow and still be able to hit the 10 with the 9 ball bank, then I like this shot the best. It was the first thing I saw but wasn't sure the 9 would hit the 10 without cutting it more.

Either way, I am taking some balls out, 2 or 3 and playing safe and getting these balls up table. He needs them all, I am going to make him earn every single one.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If you decide to try to move all three balls away (gaaaa :eek::p) then Steve's shot is my choice. Personally, I will three-rail the 9 ball over to my side and leave the cue ball at the first diamond on the short rail. This shot looks more one-pocket-ish from here. For me to put four balls in motion at the foot of the table I would have to be woefully behind in the score. Or double-parked in the street.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona

Tom

This would be my shot choice....

beatle

Verified Member
i always like clearing out balls. but needing just one you can make a case for double banking the 3 ball and leaving him no shot unless you hit the 3 bad and it doesnt stay by the pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this may not be a a sexy wwyd
but to me i like to see how others see how the balls interact
and how to take them out
cant say for sure whose opption i would hit
well here is how darren decided to clear the balls
cant say he succeeded...:heh
darren ochoa 5.jpg

darren ochoa 6.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Tom

Yep,
This is it for me...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If I was going to hit the 4 ball first here to take out balls, I am hitting it almost straight on, such that it hits the right half of the 9 ball and takes both of them out. If you try to bank the 4 ball too far under the 9, you will end up how he did or could have been much worse actually.

baby huey

Verified Member
Carom off the fifteen ball, open up the stack a little and go behind the ten ball. This should put the heat on Sylver and put Darren in a good spot.

beatle

Verified Member
you need only one so rather than selling out just make the ball by the hole and leave him sowed up and play to get a few up table in the next few innings.