DCC 1P finals...Frost vs Schmidt tonite

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Wow, it's already over. A fine exhibition of how to run 8 and out and also how not to play one-pocket... :( Anyone seen any good one-pocket matches this year that Accu-stats probably ended up taping?

drw

Verified Member
finals DCC 1=pocket

finals DCC 1=pocket

twister said:
Wow, it's already over. A fine exhibition of how to run 8 and out and also how not to play one-pocket... :( Anyone seen any good one-pocket matches this year that Accu-stats probably ended up taping?
Who won the final?

bernie p

Verified Member
drw said:
Who won the final?
John Schmit beat Scott Frost 3-0.

Scott played almost flawless all week but would have had to beat John twice to win given that John was unbeaten throughout the tourney and Scott had been beaten once by James Davis Jr.

Congrats to John Schmit for a great victory and to Scott for playing his heart out.

Bernie P.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Scott won the first game 8-0, but Schmidt won the next 3 to win 3-1. Would have been nice to see Scott pull through, but he took some very aggressive shots and missed them, and Schmidt did not miss whenever he had a shot, after the first game that is.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
From what I understand, Frost made two or three scratches at the perfect wrong times, allowing Schmidt to run out in each instance from a wide open table. It was a great win for John, and he deserved it. On the other hand I don't think he'd be willing to gamble with Frost heads-up at one-pocket.

There were a lot of upsets in this short race-to-3 format.

Now it'll be interesting to see how Brumback and Schmidt do in the 9-ball, for consideration in the all-around money. Although the eventual winner of the 9-ball may have also done well in banks or 1P. So he might get the master title.

Doc

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Now it'll be interesting to see how Brumback and Schmidt do in the 9-ball, for consideration in the all-around money. Although the eventual winner of the 9-ball may have also done well in banks or 1P. So he might get the master title.

Doc
I don't believe Schmidt played Banks, so he's not in contention for all around. Brumback, Henny, and Luat are the contenders. Henny got the bye and Brumback just got knocked out.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i was front row, scott won the first game nad had John looking a bit weak(he wasnt but looked it), anyways shortly into the 2nd game scott wasnt really in a trap but all of a sudden looked tense(for no reason) he is up 1-0 and might have been in a little trap but not a game losing trap, he muttered under his breath "I gotta go"-he was 5 feet away from me when he said that, Oh-Boy I was thinking, I hope he talks himself out of that plan. then he said it out loud"i gotta go" he didnt have to at all the ball count was 0-0, he is up 1-0 in games, and in a little bit of a trap. His shot was on the 4 or 7(tv balls and I cant remember which one pink or brown), it wasnt easy by any means-he missed it close, john runs 8 and out, 1-1. After that it went real bad for Scott. I would have liked to see him win, however John didnt get weak and played great and deserved the win. Both great champions!!