DCC updates

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
From here it looks like Filler, Gorst, Demarco, Roberts, SVB all no losses 😳 plus Lunda with a loss. But Filler just rolled over Lunda in like under 15 minutes so he is out. Meanwhile the tv table that started at the same time as the Filler/Lunda match is knotted at 0-0 and maybe one of them has a ball or two lol

edit Gomez not Roberts

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Just watched a one pocket match between Lukas Verner and Michael Bandy a great match Lukas won and I think it went to the hill, Bandy plays real well and only made a couple mistakes, Lukas is still undefeated at this point. Does anyone know Michael Bandy? he is a strong defensive player. I am still following Lukas and he plays beyond his years.
Mike Bandy is from Joliet, Illinois. He recently retired and like many accomplished Midwest pool players puts pool on the back burner in the springtime and begins golfing throughout the warm weather months. He's been a great Chicagoland player, especially in the rotation and eight ball games for decades. He and John Abruzzo (another fantastic Chicagoland player) were often the anchors in "four-man teams" recognized for winning multiple bar box 8-ball championships in Las Vegas. Amazingly, he was never known to match up and play banks and one pocket, but just like the up and coming great players such as Fedor Gorst and Josh Filler, he can adjust to any pool game. He's just that talented. I expect to see a lot more of Mike Bandy in local Illinois tournaments since he retired. I believe had he devoted his time to just playing pool there is a good chance he could have been a recognized USA top player.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
3 left. All with buybacks. SVB plays Filler. Fedor with the buy. You can't get two buys in a row. I can't remember ever seeing 3 left all with no losses.

baby huey

Verified Member
Having played at DCC this year, I have some observations about the program. They need to update their tournament automated system.I t's down or slowed down too much. Also, the buyback system takes way too much time. The staff are busy doing other things like selling passes and clothing. The lines are too long and take way too much time. This is time that can be allotted to play. They only had two refs policing the play and the Grady Rule or its replacement is to cumbersome to explain. In my case, my 5th round match was scheduled for 2PM and didn't start until 3:00PM. That's OK but the tournament staff didn't know or relay that to the Ref and the Ref came over and told us to start the Grady rule at 4PM. There was lost time explaining to him about the delay in start time. A common problem with start times. Look, everyone is trying their best to accomplish the common goal. But, don't blame it on slow play. You encourage people to play and penalize them when YOU contribute to the problem.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Alex Pagulayan has not won an event at the Derby since 2016. With such a drought, he cannot be considered a favorite in short races anymore. Even at Buffalos, Alex has not won since 2018. He came in second in 2020. He came in 5/6th last year at Buffalos, but went for 40K in the calcutta. Alex will be 46 in June. Is he still the favorite in tournament play?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Alex Pagulayan has not won an event at the Derby since 2016. With such a drought, he cannot be considered a favorite in short races anymore. Even at Buffalos, Alex has not won since 2018. He came in second in 2020. He came in 5/6th last year at Buffalos, but went for 40K in the calcutta. Alex will be 46 in June. Is he still the favorite in tournament play?
I wonder if he is dealing with changes to his eyes. He’s the right age, and I see him with glasses sometimes. When your eyes change you have to figure it out — lasik if it’s right for you, contacts if you can deal with them, or the very best glasses and right prescription to get as close to your earlier eyesight as possible. He might be struggling with that!

For me I’ve found glasses with higher sitting lens and the right progressive prescription. I didn’t like progressives at first but I’ve finally learned they are PERFECT for pool with the right prescription. You ask for “close-up” to “cubicle” and they should get it right. They don’t seem to understand if you say pool and/or even 10’ for distance (not true distance), but they apparently make glasses like this for office cubicle workers so they can look up from their close-up work when a colleague approaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
See Gorst playing SVB now.
Take it SVB beat filler?
Neither match on the feature table. That's really disappointing.

You can see the current match now on youTube.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Gorst beats Filler 3-0.

They said the next match is at 6pm, but didn't say which match that would be. Not sure if it's 9b or 1p.

1706307949883.png