Different ways to play one pocket

OTBnTV

I would like to introduce myself, I'm Don Akerlow. I live in Montana and love it here. I fish, hunt but mostly like to make straight lines out of curves on the highway with my corvette. I play a lot of pool. There isn't very many pool halls here if any especially with 9' tables so most players play leagues. I have played VNEA, BCA, APA, TAP, Independent leagues at one time or another. The VNEA I have played for 23 years.
I am in the publishing business and publish a billiard magazine that comes out monthly. We also have a film company that films league players, pro and this past may filmed the VNEA Nationals.
I have been playing pool since I was 18 and that's over 40 years. I've won a lot and I have also lost ... a lot.
My philosophy in life is "Don't be the rock, be the water."
I have 3 kids, 5 grandchildren and a wife that I have been with for 37 years whom I love and adore.
My curiosity in pool goes to the different types of games you can play on the table with different rules. I have played one pocket by using different pockets as my pocket. The two corner pockets at the break end and even the side pocket. Does anybody else have any other ways to play one pocket?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
OTBnTV said:
I would like to introduce myself, I'm Don Akerlow. I live in Montana and love it here. I fish, hunt but mostly like to make straight lines out of curves on the highway with my corvette. I play a lot of pool. There isn't very many pool halls here if any especially with 9' tables so most players play leagues. I have played VNEA, BCA, APA, TAP, Independent leagues at one time or another. The VNEA I have played for 23 years.
I am in the publishing business and publish a billiard magazine that comes out monthly. We also have a film company that films league players, pro and this past may filmed the VNEA Nationals.
I have been playing pool since I was 18 and that's over 40 years. I've won a lot and I have also lost ... a lot.
My philosophy in life is "Don't be the rock, be the water."
I have 3 kids, 5 grandchildren and a wife that I have been with for 37 years whom I love and adore.
My curiosity in pool goes to the different types of games you can play on the table with different rules. I have played one pocket by using different pockets as my pocket. The two corner pockets at the break end and even the side pocket. Does anybody else have any other ways to play one pocket?

Hi Don, and welcome to the care center. You'll find most of the regulars on here suffer from almost terminal CRS and borderline dementia. or at the very least, delusions of grandeur. (see; Chicago contingent)
We have all we can do to remember traditional 1 P, and you want us to learn "NEW" games ? Sounds a little suspicious to me.
Seriously, say hi to my good friend, Jack Madden up your way. He just made me a beautiful new cue. I plan on using it to terrorize my peers at the DCC in January. ( I may have to resort to beating them about the head and shoulders with it.) :)

Dick

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dick Mc Morran said:
delusions of grandeur. (see; Chicago contingent)

Dick

Hey Dick.......You gotta stop with this collective "Chicago contingent" stuff.....Just call Freddy by name when you're talking about him-:D.......don't include me in......:(

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Attn; Northern Illinois Contingent !

Attn; Northern Illinois Contingent !

One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Dick.......You gotta stop with this collective "Chicago contingent" stuff.....Just call Freddy by name when you're talking about him-:D.......don't include me in......:(

Ghost;

Funny, I originally had typed in Freddie, but I edited it to read, Chi. Cont.
I did not want to incur his wrath any further. ( oops, I may have done it again ) :eek:
Hope he woke up in a better mood than you did. :D It's all in fun.

Dick

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dick Mc Morran said:
Hi Don, and welcome to the care center. You'll find most of the regulars on here suffer from almost terminal CRS and borderline dementia. or at the very least, delusions of grandeur. (see; Chicago contingent)
Dick, STOP IT!!! I'm on the FLOOR, man! That stuff is just too funny! Hell I might not even need my happy pills today, and maybe I can leave my cane in the car, or eat lunch without my bib...:D Actually, Ghost is right; he ain't that bad.:cool:

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
Actually, Ghost is right; he ain't that bad.:cool:

Doc

Thanks Doc..:rolleyes:....

And hey Dick, here's proof I ain't got no grandeur - I'll take 10 to 7 from you at the DCC - that's how humble I am....:D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Thanks Doc..:rolleyes:....

And hey Dick, here's proof I ain't got no grandeur - I'll take 10 to 7 from you at the DCC - that's how humble I am....:D

Ghost, you must know, that I would not get up out of the "Electric Chair" to give you 10/7. :eek: However some of the Northern Illinois Contingent (no names mentioned, don't want to upset anyone) might persuade me to give up 9/8.
If they are on crutches I will give up 8/7 (however, I will be allowed one (1) crutch kick, per game.
Dick

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dick Mc Morran said:
Ghost, you must know, that I would not get up out of the "Electric Chair" to give you 10/7. :eek: However some of the Northern Illinois Contingent (no names mentioned, don't want to upset anyone) might persuade me to give up 9/8.
If they are on crutches I will give up 8/7 (however, I will be allowed one (1) crutch kick, per game.:rolleyes:
Dick

Bump for edit.

Jack Madden

Dick Mc Morran said:
We have all we can do to remember traditional 1 P, and you want us to learn "NEW" games ? Sounds a little suspicious to me.
Seriously, say hi to my good friend, Jack Madden up your way. He just made me a beautiful new cue. I plan on using it to terrorize my peers at the DCC in January. ( I may have to resort to beating them about the head and shoulders with it.) :)

Dick

Dick meet Don (Cheese) Akerlow. Cheese is the "instigator"/ person responsible for your Friday night entertainment. His love of pool is right up there and he is the real deal. His website, www.onthebreaknews.com, is producing and broadcasting the Aug 22nd Montana's First Challenge match with FREE LIVE STREAMING for everyones enjoyment:) This little old player from Arizona who loves Montana gets to play this big Montana kid (I think Jeff is about 6' 6" or so) who is a second generation champion quality player. btw, Jeff and I are going to play golf Saturday so he can try to woop me at that too, then I am going home with his Madden cue. See you later --- no thats not quite right, you get to see me Friday:)

Jackie
www.johnmaddencues.com

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Welcome Aboard Don

Welcome Aboard Don

Glad to see you've found this site.

What a great magazine and excellent videos...

Thanks