Diveying up tournament purse

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Some time back I solicited help from you folks on a good format for a small bank pool tournament. I still have this thing in my mind and really hope to try to get it together after the first of the year, maybe Spring. Since there is no true hall here in Baldwin County I got to work out the details with one of the local bars.

Anyhow, been mulling over what would be a good division of the purse. I want it to be 16 players at $50 entry. That's 800 and I will add 1200 to make a 2K purse. I will work a deal with the bar owner to pay him to open the tables so there won't be any green fee. Here is what I was thinking and y'all speak up if you have an idea that might work better.

1st $750, 2nd $500, 3rd $350, 4th $200, 5th/6th $100.

Do you think 6 places is too many on a 16 man field? If the field is cut to 4 should the 5/6 money be divided among all places or just added to 1st?

Will greatly appreciate y'alls input on this.

Thanks, Pel

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Some time back I solicited help from you folks on a good format for a small bank pool tournament. I still have this thing in my mind and really hope to try to get it together after the first of the year, maybe Spring. Since there is no true hall here in Baldwin County I got to work out the details with one of the local bars.

Anyhow, been mulling over what would be a good division of the purse. I want it to be 16 players at $50 entry. That's 800 and I will add 1200 to make a 2K purse. I will work a deal with the bar owner to pay him to open the tables so there won't be any green fee. Here is what I was thinking and y'all speak up if you have an idea that might work better.

Do you think 6 places is too many on a 16 man field? If the field is cut to 4 should the 5/6 money be divided among all places or just added to 1st?

Thanks, Pel

I wish I could help Pel, but since I havent figured in the upper levels of the purse structure for quite a while, I never pay attn to the payouts. However, John Lavin at Red Shoes is pretty well schooled when it comes to putting a 16 man field together. You couldnt talk to a more experienced guy on the subject. 708 388 3700

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wow, Pel-- that's a helluva nice purse for a 16 man bank pool event on bar boxes in a small town! Normally paying 6 places in a 16 man event would be too deep. 4 would be plenty. But in this particular case, paying deeper will attract some guys who might not usually play in a bank pool event.

You needn't worry about 1st place, because some sharp shooter from out of town will come in to take it.;) Unless you're trying to attract a couple of name players, paying deep will assure 100% participation. With that much added, you might even considering taking more entries. Depends on how many tables can be used.

Doc

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks for the response.

I want to keep it at 16 for the time factor. A race to 14 balls takes as much time as a race to 3 on game count. (Unless someone gets really hot). The most tables available would be 4. Do have one bar that has 4 bar boxes and one 9 foot valley. Might be nice to run the whole thing on the bar boxes until the final and do it on the 9 foot.

Later, Pel

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Oh, you plan on coming Doc :eek: :lol
Heh, heh. Well, if I attended, I wouldn't be considered the sharp shooter...
But I might could be talked into coming. I've never played a bank pool event, but I'm warming to the idea. My 1P game has slipped to even with the banks game. A couple of weeks ago Col. Bille allowed me to win a couple of games, so I'm all puffed up now.:cool:

I imagine that it would be a slightly easier game on the 7-footers.

Doc

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Doc

Doc

I could be talked into riding over for this... I'll carry your cue for you... I never have played banks on a bar box... might be interesting...

B

PS not hard to beat a guy when you make 4 or 5 banks every time you come to the table...

backplaying

Verified Member

Thanks, Pel

I will play in it. Does anyone in Al gamble playing banks?

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
backplaying, I have one guy that will gamble with me playing banks. We play about even, which is to say neither of us is real good, and play short rack on the bar table. We used to play race to 3 like at DCC but changed to a race to 14 balls.

Pel

backplaying

Verified Member
backplaying, I have one guy that will gamble with me playing banks. We play about even, which is to say neither of us is real good, and play short rack on the bar table. We used to play race to 3 like at DCC but changed to a race to 14 balls.

Pel

What town in Al are you in? I'm in Cullman. I played a guy they called tee lee some banks at Harolds in Tuscalosa, and it was the first banks I had played in over 15 years. It use to be my best game.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
What town in Al are you in? I'm in Cullman. I played a guy they called tee lee some banks at Harolds in Tuscalosa, and it was the first banks I had played in over 15 years. It use to be my best game.

He knocked me out of DCC Banks last year -- the one time I've played in it, lol.

backplaying

Verified Member
Been through there many times going to the gulf. I also know someone there who has a top strain of rhode island red chickens, that are very rare, only 200 left in the country.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Stop in

Stop in

Next time you come through stop by the store - Rick's Gun and Pawn on Hwy 59 bout 7/10 mile south of where the beach express turns off. Be on your right headin' south. Metal buildng with brick front and a blue awning over the door.

Pel