Dustin Miller

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Yeah, yeah, I know this ain't exactly one pocket related, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Dustin for being such a great guy. In addition to supporting the site and being an all-around nice gentleman, this guy flew to New Jersey to support Lou in his Battle Against Darkness. So, before I met the man at Derby, I knew we were working with a solid guy. We shared some laughs Saturday night (Dustin is such a great guy he might not remember) and he sweated part of my nightmare match with Timothy Orange and half of Mississippi. I was frsutrated, not because I lost, but because of some of the shennanigans/sharking that was going on. (The guy's friends kept taking my powder and cutting it up into lines while I was shooting...yeah, I laughed the first time, too). Guy beat me after almost 4 1/2 hours 3-2, and I'm pretty pissed. I'm sleeping in my car and basically broke, and Dustin goes and and gets us several bottles of suds, even offers to put me in a bank game with one of the sweators. (Guy asks me for 9-3?? Do they not have pride in Mississippi?). Needless to say, I say to hell with it and enjoy blowing off some steam playing Dustin 'til maybe 5 a.m.

As if that is not enough, I just got home and my wife asks me immediately, "What did you buy? You got an awful big package over here!" I open it, and it's the Miller Ball Polisher, complete with instructions, cleaning cloth and all the accoutrement a guy could need to keep his balls washed. A real class act, just like Dustin.

Thank you for everything, brother.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Very nice, and not surprising. You are right Dan. Dustin is truly a gentleman and a hell of a good guy. I saw that match and you are not exaggerating. That took sharking to a whole new level. You actually played great in the face of all that BS.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I think of Dustin at least once a week. I vacuum my table just about every week with the unit he sent me. It is the greatest. I tried a lot of other methods but his converted Shark for pool tables is the nuts. Thanks again Mr. Miller

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I completely agree, Dustin is a very special person and we are lucky to have him here at 1p.org. keith

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Wow....thanks for the kind words fellas and right back acha......
:)

Dan, I had a great time my man - I've got a WWYD on my phone from one of our games (that game with a wedge in front of your pocket) but I can't figure out how to get the pics off it. I couldn't believe that guy you played, I just assumed you were gambling when I first walked in the way he acted....I have never seen anyone lay on the floor and moan like that when a guy is down on a shot before - let alone in a tournament game where you expect just a little bit of civility. Thanks again for the kind words and the sentiment goes both ways.
:cool:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Yeah, yeah, I know this ain't exactly one pocket related, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Dustin for being such a great guy. In addition to supporting the site and being an all-around nice gentleman, this guy flew to New Jersey to support Lou in his Battle Against Darkness. So, before I met the man at Derby, I knew we were working with a solid guy. We shared some laughs Saturday night (Dustin is such a great guy he might not remember) and he sweated part of my nightmare match with Timothy Orange and half of Mississippi. I was frsutrated, not because I lost, but because of some of the shennanigans/sharking that was going on. (The guy's friends kept taking my powder and cutting it up into lines while I was shooting...yeah, I laughed the first time, too). Guy beat me after almost 4 1/2 hours 3-2, and I'm pretty pissed. I'm sleeping in my car and basically broke, and Dustin goes and and gets us several bottles of suds, even offers to put me in a bank game with one of the sweators. (Guy asks me for 9-3?? Do they not have pride in Mississippi?). Needless to say, I say to hell with it and enjoy blowing off some steam playing Dustin 'til maybe 5 a.m.

As if that is not enough, I just got home and my wife asks me immediately, "What did you buy? You got an awful big package over here!" I open it, and it's the Miller Ball Polisher, complete with instructions, cleaning cloth and all the accoutrement a guy could need to keep his balls washed. A real class act, just like Dustin.

Thank you for everything, brother.

whew. Saw the title of this thread and thought you were going to say something bad had happened.

Yes, Dustin is a great guy and we get together often at his man cave to work out on his Diamond. And indeed, he was my wingman against the forces of darkness and evil about a year ago for my match with the case maker. Months before the match he asked me who I was traveling with to New Jersey. And I told him, “No one.” And Dustin said, “Send me your itinerary because I’m going with you. There is no way that I’m letting a buddy of mine go into a situation like this without having his back.”

Don't need to tell you much more than that to tell you what kind of a guy he is.

Lou Figueroa

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Wow....thanks for the kind words fellas and right back acha......
:)

Dan, I had a great time my man - I've got a WWYD on my phone from one of our games (that game with a wedge in front of your pocket) but I can't figure out how to get the pics off it. I couldn't believe that guy you played, I just assumed you were gambling when I first walked in the way he acted....I have never seen anyone lay on the floor and moan like that when a guy is down on a shot before - let alone in a tournament game where you expect just a little bit of civility. Thanks again for the kind words and the sentiment goes both ways.
:cool:

I'm so glad I saved your life.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
whew. Saw the title of this thread and thought you were going to say something bad had happened.

Yes, Dustin is a great guy and we get together often at his man cave to work out on his Diamond. And indeed, he was my wingman against the forces of darkness and evil about a year ago for my match with the case maker. Months before the match he asked me who I was traveling with to New Jersey. And I told him, “No one.” And Dustin said, “Send me your itinerary because I’m going with you. There is no way that I’m letting a buddy of mine go into a situation like this without having his back.”

Don't need to tell you much more than that to tell you what kind of a guy he is.

Lou Figueroa

fuhgeddaboudit......
;):D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
fuhgeddaboudit......
;):D

Alright, alright.

Maybe you're not SO bad.

I had you figured for a real pr*ck.

Almost choked me out with that hug you gave me when we met.

And Dan said you wouldn't cuddle up in the car with him to keep him warm.

What kind of friend is that?

I'm keepin' my eye on you.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Alright, alright.

Maybe you're not SO bad.

I had you figured for a real pr*ck.

Almost choked me out with that hug you gave me when we met.

And Dan said you wouldn't cuddle up in the car with him to keep him warm.

What kind of friend is that?

I'm keepin' my eye on you.

Hey, there, John. It was great meeting you at Derby! You're as funny in person as you are on the screen. I said "sleeping in my car," which kinda sounds rough. I actually had a memory foam bed int he back of the Z-71 with nice sheets, blankets, sleeping bag, cooler, Coleman stove, and all that, so it wasn't so bad. Did get a touch cold the first night when it was 19 degrees, but the single barrel bourbon took the edge off!

Also, for all you Kentucky boys, be advised - John Brumback is coming to stay with us for a bit, so there should be some great action with all of our local monsters: Nick Varner, Ray Schulz, Calyn Conkright, Gary Ranson, Caleb McIntire, Darry Stites. If you're interested, let me know. I'm sure lessons are available.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dustin and i have communicated via cell phone /email/pm
as thread states
HE IS ONE HELLUVA GREAT GUY
THAT YOU CAN COUNT ON TO COVER YOUR BACK
BE THERE FOR YOUR HELP
wish there were more like you.... :)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I wholeheartedly agree with all said here about my man Dustin.

- Ghost

Yep. I can tell that by just knowing him on the net, without ever hanging with him. When I think of him and Lou I always think of Leonard Wood and The Bearded One...

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I actually had a memory foam bed int he back of the Z-71 with nice sheets, blankets, sleeping bag, cooler, Coleman stove, and all that, so it wasn't so bad.

I figured we could count on you to make "roughing it" not so rough. :cool:

I wasn't worried about you, I was just pullin' Dustin's chain. ;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well, it's all real nice what everyone said about Dustin but there's always more than meets the eye that nobody wants to mention. For example:

He wanted to make a table-vacuum thingy and called me to ask for a "loan" that would never be repaid.

He wanted to make a ball-polisher thingy and called for a loan again. Jeez.

Then, this summer, when my power was out for 4 days after a tremendous thunderstorm, he called me just as I was entering the line at Subway. I had not eaten for 3 days but he didn't care, it was all about his "inventions". I had to postpone ordering much-needed food just to assure him that I had sent him a check to cover his wonderful ideas. I finally had to tell him the place was being robbed just to get him off the phone.

I think he owes me about $2900 but I've given up on collecting it since he constantly tells me he lives in Alaska, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and Oklahoma. Yeah right, who the hell would live in Oklahoma?

Anyway, I hope he's doing O.K.:).

RBL

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Well, it's all real nice what everyone said about Dustin but there's always more than meets the eye that nobody wants to mention. For example:

He wanted to make a table-vacuum thingy and called me to ask for a "loan" that would never be repaid.

He wanted to make a ball-polisher thingy and called for a loan again. Jeez.

Then, this summer, when my power was out for 4 days after a tremendous thunderstorm, he called me just as I was entering the line at Subway. I had not eaten for 3 days but he didn't care, it was all about his "inventions". I had to postpone ordering much-needed food just to assure him that I had sent him a check to cover his wonderful ideas. I finally had to tell him the place was being robbed just to get him off the phone.

I think he owes me about $2900 but I've given up on collecting it since he constantly tells me he lives in Alaska, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and Oklahoma. Yeah right, who the hell would live in Oklahoma?

Anyway, I hope he's doing O.K.:).

RBL

hey!...what's up RBL? :)
(check is in the mail.....:p:D)
hope you're doing well.....