before/during/after football...:D
this one e/b 3
bustamante to shoot wwyd ?
efren busty 3.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't know whether or not the 3 banks straight-back, but there's not much offensively to do here.

I'd probably shoot one of two choices: either come off the left side of the 3, opening up the balls on the long rail, while parking whitey up in the left hand corner; or thinning off the ball nearest the CB, kicking off the long rail to bury the CB in the stack. A similar shot might be made rolling off the 14 (?) ball.

~Doc

youngstown

Verified Member
efren busty 3

Thin off one of the ugly green balls to put him in the stack

MM

beatle

Verified Member
against a weaker player than the best i would rail first skin the 8 and go up table by the long rail covering the ball near my hole.

against top players best spot is always against the pack with no air.

keoneyo

Verified Member
There are 3 options for me here. 2 safeties with benefits and 1 highly aggressive shot
It all depends on who Im playing, how Im playing, and what benefits I can get with it.

First to naturally thin off the loose green ball on the bottom of the rack and put my opponent in the stack.
Or to roll lightly on the 10 ball up in the right hand corner. Imagine if you are left there, shooting over the 10 ball.

For the aggressive shot I stun that loose green ball on the bottom of the stack into the cluster with right english banking that green ball towards my hole and opening the stack on my side hoping to leave him in the stack.
It looks like that all balls will spread without leaving him a shot and that green ball in my hole if not pocketing it.

beatle

Verified Member
if i was staying down table i would bank the striped green ball into my cluster on the rail and follow back to the stack to hide him.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
if i was staying down table i would bank the striped green ball into my cluster on the rail and follow back to the stack to hide him.

You know the angle for that shot is not available so look elsewhere.

My preference would be to kick into the 13ball with a med. hard speed, this option will offer you the best chance to get a nice spread with little risk because of how the balls are configured in the stack area.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I don't know whether or not the 3 banks straight-back, but there's not much offensively to do here.

I'd probably shoot one of two choices: either come off the left side of the 3, opening up the balls on the long rail, while parking whitey up in the left hand corner; or thinning off the ball nearest the CB, kicking off the long rail to bury the CB in the stack. A similar shot might be made rolling off the 14 (?) ball.

~Doc

me too Doc, good shot ~

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There's another shot that requires good kicking skills but a very effective shot none the less. I would consider kicking off the top rail and then toward the 1ball with a soft speed to wedge the cue ball inside the 1ball and the side rail. This shot is a low risk yet effective shot if hit decently like I said your confidence in the kicking game is always good to have to play the game in one pocket.

Dr. Bill

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
You know the angle for that shot is not available so look elsewhere.

My preference would be to kick into the 13ball with a med. hard speed, this option will offer you the best chance to get a nice spread with little risk because of how the balls are configured in the stack area.

Dr. Bill
That was my first choice too, but I like beatle's shot a little better (more reliably safe) if it's available - and it looks like it might be.

pj
chgo

keoneyo

Verified Member
There's another shot that requires good kicking skills but a very effective shot none the less. I would consider kicking off the top rail and then toward the 1ball with a soft speed to wedge the cue ball inside the 1ball and the side rail. This shot is a low risk yet effective shot if hit decently like I said your confidence in the kicking game is always good to have to play the game in one pocket.

Dr. Bill

I see this shot as well but what Im trying to do in the present situation is to put my opponent in a position so he is going to have to play a safe sending Qball to the kitchen allowing me to do this on my next shot. It is in effect a secondary shot after my safe shot coming off the loose ball on the bottom of the stack and sticking him to the rack on his side.

The ball on the bottom rail does not give him too many safety options if I do this unless he wants to take a 3 rail scratch, leaving me on the long rail on my side. I might add most players would not recognize the shot that you offered and might leave you in an advantageous position to do what you suggested from the kitchen instead of a kick.
This is what I meant by "safety with benefits".

This of course comes with knowing your opponent and what he is susceptible of doing after you do something to him. If he willfully takes the 3 rail scratch you know you are playing with someone of worth.

beatle

Verified Member
yes i measured it and the strip green ball wont bank to my cluster. so thats out.

but i hate any shot that leaves him on my side of the table. there are lots of balls combos that aim towards his hole.

and i want to play off that strip ball if i can so maybe banking it into the top three balls of the rack and opening them for me and holding the cue ball in the stack. but this way he gets to clear my ball by the hole but that may be a good trade off.

playing a lesser player i go for up table as they make too many mistakes from there.

but playing a great player you have to open balls by your hole so you can string some or its certain death.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I know my eyes are getting bad but from the picture it looks like banking that 14 ball into the cluster is tough as steel!

Looks like its hard to get the CB out of the way if I were to bank the 14.

sausage

Suspended
shoot the 3 into that cluster opening them up and put whitey on the head rail near the left corner pocket.

sausage

Suspended
This shot is a low risk

Dr. Bill

i don't see it as a 'low risk' shot at all especially with the points of the side pocket that are eager to send the cueball toward the center of the table. also, if you don't completely wedge into that cluster, reyes could just roll up on that striped ball near the head-rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
busty hit a power shot ......:eek:......:D
he hit the green ball into the ball next to it to carom bank it over
and the stack spread beautifully....:)
efren busty 3 shot.jpg

efren busty 3 result.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the angle for efren to bank the ball by the pocket was a "stiff" according to scott frost comentating with dr. bill (btw you guys were very educational and entertaining too..:) )
efren tried to take out or bank the ball but didnt hit it well
left busty like this
busty banked the 5
then made the combo and ran out...game over....:D
efren busty 3 after efrens reply.jpg