gay vs daulton again

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
its gays shot
this wwyd was posted by cowboy dennis
i am resurrecting some of his wwyd just to have a wwyd to discuss
there was a very interesting shot choice posed by the ghost in this thread which wasnt what gay shot but was a good option
i will show it later
gay to shoot

gay daulton.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If you can see enough of the 8 to bank it straight back to within the shooter's 1st diamond quadrant, that's the shot I like. Take the CB two rails to behind the 9.

The 1 ball straight back could put the ball in the same place, but it's harder to leave whitey safe.

The 13 ball carom that's been mentioned isn't a bad shot either, especially if a guy can guide his CB up to behind the 9.

But down 5-zip, Gay is going to want to shoot at his hole as soon as possible.

~Doc

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
There are five balls below the middle of the table that Gay does not want to move. I think he might kick off the long rail and bump the 7 ball and let it be Daulton's shot. Gay needs to get lucky, but it's not likely. Maybe next game.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Bank the 1 to the hole, hopefully it goes, but drag cb over by side pocket. Also the 15 appears bankable, cb goes to rail and out behind 6 protecting the 15. Whitey

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Considering the score, Ima kick that bitch in and catch up

youngstown

Verified Member
gay vs daulton again

I’d probably shoot a stop shot on the 13 to freeze him on the 10, or try to accomplish the same thing by slow rolling if I could.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
13 carrom bank and run whitey up toward the 9

I believe that's what I would try.

Considering the score, Ima kick that bitch in and catch up

I’d probably shoot a stop shot on the 13 to freeze him on the 10, or try to accomplish the same thing by slow rolling if I could.
fwiw
in the thread it was mentioned that why tinker with those balls since they dont go for daulton
dont shoot the messenger...please....:D
your thoughts pro/con

beatle

Verified Member
combo the 12 in the side, two rail the 6, leave him frozen on the one ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nothing too fancy for me. I would do this while trying to set up a possible two railer for me down the line.
Unless the CB freezes to the head rail, it might leave Daulton a free combo on the 9, or a kiss bank to his hole of the 14. If he figured either to be free, he might take a swing at it. Of course if you were playing ME, then that shot is totally safe..;)

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I dont think the carom lays good either way (the bank or the kick). I can't tell if it'd too much of an angle, but you could try to bank the 9 ball 1 rail back at our hole, should be fairly safe.

If the angle is too extreme then I am probably just shooting the 10 into the side rail banking it to my side and rolling the CB down behind the 9.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I like banking the 15 (or whatever is closest to the 6) if there's room. It looks like it will spin nicely and if made, there is a whole bunch of reward waiting for you.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Based on the score (5 to 0) I would bank the 1 ball toward my pocket. I believe that the cue ball, if struck firmly using high right English, could be angled to the back rail in an attempt to use the 7-ball as a blocker.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There's a shot that I would shoot from this position that looks like a risky shot but it really isn't. I would kick two rails to the upper right corner with extreme right English and attempt to kick the 9ball into my pocket.

Dr. Bill

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like coming off the left side of the 8 ball and freezing behind the 2 ball. Not aggressive but effective if you can execute.