Geezer round robin at dcc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
too bad I don't fit the age requirement...

I would love to play a partners game while at the derby. Playing partners really is a great thing for an up and coming one pocket player..:)

Maybe we can get a partners game going with a couple older and younger op.org members. ???

We would have to make sure the teams were close to fair though... I am outclassed with many of the members here.

Dud

Regardless I would be happy to sweat the "geezer" match if you guys happen to get it going.

Simon.....Sure, we can get some other kinds of partners games going...

...but don't lay it on too thick now, with that I'm young, just learning and outclassed stuff, etc. :rolleyes:...now I won't knock you, but you know that the Ghost knows exactly how you play...:heh

- Ghost

Last edited:

grimel

Verified Member
Maybe we can get a partners game going with a couple older and younger op.org members. ???

Bunch of pool players in a room with multiple tables with action going on all around and you wonder if a game can be made? If there are 4 people free at one time a game will be made. You can bank on that.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

...but don't lay it on too thick now, with that I'm young, just learning and outclassed stuff, etc. :rolleyes:...now I won't knock you, but you know that the Ghost knows exactly how you play...:heh

- Ghost

What exactly did you mean by that? I don't mind a little tough action, and i'm sure John wouldn't mind either. Dudley, your welcome to join our round robin as far as i'm concerned. Ghost, did I make a mistake?

So far it looks like... Billy S.... John H.... Freddie B.... Billy I....and possibly Dudley. Ghost you can get in too, i'll take a piece of you.

Anrod
Cowboy
Scrzbll
Vapros
Frank The Barber
Bernie P.
Artie B.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:D

Billy I.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA

- Ghost

I am not trying to lay it on... But I have no delusions about my shortcomings as a one pocket player.

Just don't want to get into tooo tough of a game.

If I get in a partners game with better players you better believe I'll be soaking it up like a sponge.

Mr "Do right" Dudley

Last edited:

timdog24

Verified Member
What exactly did you mean by that? I don't mind a little tough action, and i'm sure John wouldn't mind either. Dudley, your welcome to join our round robin as far as i'm concerned. Ghost, did I make a mistake?

So far it looks like... Billy S.... John H.... Freddie B.... Billy I....and possibly Dudley. Ghost you can get in too, i'll take a piece of you.

Anrod
Cowboy
Scrzbll
Vapros
Frank The Barber
Bernie P.
Artie B.

Billy I.

What if you don't fit the age requirement, would be a big dog with this line up, but want to play anyway just for the experience?:)

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Bunch of pool players in a room with multiple tables with action going on all around and you wonder if a game can be made? If there are 4 people free at one time a game will be made. You can bank on that.

Grimel,

this is understood,

There is PLENTY of tough action at the Derby. I'm hoping to get some inter OP.org action as it's allot of fun to play people you interact with all year on this great site.

Dud

grimel

Verified Member
Grimel,

this is understood,

There is PLENTY of tough action at the Derby. I'm hoping to get some inter OP.org action as it's allot of fun to play people you interact with all year on this great site.

Dud

Again, bunch of people in the same spot. You'll have to be trying to avoid games with people from 1P.org.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
geezers game

geezers game

Thanks for even mentioning my name among the greats, but I am not even a short stop. I just a foolish stuck horse. Besides I'm not old enough, I am the same age as the Ghost. Being JUST 64, I'm not old enough for the game. thank gawd. It will have to be the ghost and I against Dudley and Lulu, the semi old against the yewth for 2k a man. No coaching though because Ghost takes to long to make up a shot. I do think it would be fun to have a round robin one pocket for the geesers, maybe start at 62, retirement age, and everyone puts up fifty, 100, and winner takes all. might get 12-16 players and it may take several days, but it would be the talk of New Albany.:cool::eek::heh

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

Anrod
Cowboy
Scrzbll
Vapros
Frank The Barber
Bernie P.
Artie B.

Billy I.

Billy, I would love nothing better than to mix it up with you guys but I've never been to the DCC because that time of the year is not good for me. I hope we can assemble this group for the US open in May. I'm 100% sure for that one. Well at my age I should say 99.9%

markgriffin

Verified Member
Geezer round robin

Geezer round robin

Well, since I now qualify, I might play in this type of event.

I am sure I will be an underdog, and my partner might demand weight from the other team - but it should be some great fun.

I am currently planning on being there Monday through early Thursday.

I am not planning on playing in any of the other events - so can be available to assist in any way needed.

Mark Griffin

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
What if you don't fit the age requirement, would be a big dog with this line up, but want to play anyway just for the experience?:)

Maybe a round robin of weaker players who play each other to win a spot to partner up with a great player?
Once you win your match or matches you would be up at least 500 and should pay for your partners loss also in your champions match.
Or if you don't want to go that route , just put up all the money and grab a horse to play with. If you win , split the money, if you lose give him a hundred a game or something for his effort.

bstroud

Verified Member
I won't play in a partners event. I have never been a team player.

No reflection on the players my age but I intend on playing some of the young guns while I am there.

I need to find out where my speed really is.

Bill Stroud

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I won't play in a partners event. I have never been a team player.

No reflection on the players my age but I intend on playing some of the young guns while I am there.

I need to find out where my speed really is.

Bill Stroud

I will sweat it and let you know if I want to play some.:D

Your finish at the tournament was impressive. That was a strong field.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I will sweat it and let you know if I want to play some.:D

Your finish at the tournament was impressive. That was a strong field.

It certainly was, Mr. Henderson. I had a certain feeling from Mr. Strouds' postings that he had something for them. That was stronger than Maggies' Drawers as we use to say around here. Shows you what going to the practice table will do for you. Well done indeed................

IIRUSTYII

Must be a different Billy Stroud than the one that posts here, because Artie says he can't play a lick and I believe everything Artie says...:D:D:eek::eek:

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Just saw this

Just saw this

I will put more info on the round robin when we see if we have more players.

Billy has suggested a captain match with Bill Stroud, Billy and me and I might go for that if nothing else pans out.

We need to get Freddy involved here. How about Billy I and Freddy against me and someone else acceptable to Billy and Freddy. Billy said he would stake Freddy last year so here we go.

Some possible candidates for my partner are: ? (should be someone from onepocket.org)

Would be fun and some sharking allowed. I would get RA but then I have to spring for the whole trip. I did that for one Derby and Galveston and I would rather put the $$ in action. I just got off the phone with him and we made some bets on the Breeders Cup. If we hit it is game on at The DCC.

John I would seriously consider playing if I go, but a lot depends on business picking up. Need to go back after a couple of years away and to see the new venue. I suggest no exceptions unless within a few months. I have turned 71 just for info.
I will work on it very hard.