Ghost vs. Matt 1. - end game situation

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I would shoot the cue ball using low left spin and hit one half of the frozen 12-ball. After striking the 12-ball, the cue ball will strike the short rail. I would utilize enough speed to bring the 12-ball toward my side pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would shoot the cue ball using low left spin and hit one half of the frozen 12-ball. After striking the 12-ball, the cue ball will strike the short rail. I would utilize enough speed to bring the 12-ball toward my side pocket.
i must be hitting it wrong J.R.
the cue ball ended on my side as did the 12 which left a bank on the 12....:unsure:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
The shot thatt newkirk posted was the other one I saw and still like but as he said you need great speed not to leave a cut of a bank on the 1.
That would be half ball hit on the 12 to move it to the cener dimaond and freze on the back of the 1

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I would use high right, 2 rail the 12 to my side and 3 rail whitey behind the 1 ball. You are in quite a pickle and is going to take a great shot with cue ball control to get out of it.
This is what I would try, all cb..

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The shot thatt newkirk posted was the other one I saw and still like but as he said you need great speed not to leave a cut of a bank on the 1.
That would be half ball hit on the 12 to move it to the cener dimaond and freze on the back of the 1
This is what I would try, all cb..
@rnewkirk
I would use high right, 2 rail the 12 to my side and 3 rail whitey behind the 1 ball. You are in quite a pickle and is going to take a great shot with cue ball control to get out of it.

if you can do that on the first try
i need a bigger spot,,,,,,:eek:
great shot and possible

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I just tried my shot, 4 times, the last two, it came out perfect. Cue ball almost on the head rail a diamond away/inward. towards the head rail center/ from the one, and the 10 was about 2 ''off the head rail 1.5 diamonds from the pocket. I cued it with a horizontal 3 o'clock one tip outside, aimed my shaft and my cueing where the ten touches the long rail, and the speed was EASY to control, totally natural shot.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I just tried my shot, 4 times, the last two, it came out perfect. Cue ball almost on the head rail a diamond away/inward. towards the head rail center/ from the one, and the 10 was about 2 ''off the head rail 1.5 diamonds from the pocket. I cued it with a horizontal 3 o'clock one tip outside, aimed my shaft and my cueing where the ten touches the long rail, and the speed was EASY to control, totally natural shot.
doesnt htis leave the 8 ball bank, Is the 12 clsoe to the rail or up so opponenet needs to worry about leaving the cut ?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Not a lot of options this time.....Matt's shot....Matt is a strong player....in this first pic, Matt's pocket is at the bottom left/across from where the cueball and 12 ball sit (both frozen to the rail)....the score is 6 to 6....pretend here that you are hill-hill in games in your 7th round tournament match at Derby City - so this is a crucial shot (not a $5 a game flyer shot) for you right now - you don't want to leave your opponent any makeable shot/bank shot, causing you to lose the match.....wwyd/wcyd?

p.s. Trying to cut-bank the 12 to get it near your pocket is no bueno....I set this up afterwards to try it....even to get the 12ball halfway to your pocket, you have to shoot super-hard and you will have an uncontrollable cueball.
I know I am a bit of a sucker for trick bank shots lol, but I might have to go for one here, given the awkward situation. I hate losing ducking 😡

That said, Diamond tables shorten up nicely, so…

I’m thinking top right FIRM, cutting the 12 just enough to miss the point, cue ball three rails (that part like Newkirk 😁), 12 ball goes THREE RAILS (inside out) toward my pocket area. Cue ball back up table 😁😁😁😁

• Sad
Reactions: lll

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yes, but now that you mention that, I'd just hit the shot allot harder and land whitey behind the 8 which would be even better.... ie a 6 six cushion shot with the 8 blocker.
That's my shot.
I'm counting the long rail you hit into, as your first cushion.

unoperro

Verified Member
I know I am a bit of a sucker for trick bank shots lol, but I might have to go for one here, given the awkward situation. I hate losing ducking 😡

That said, Diamond tables shorten up nicely, so…

I’m thinking top right FIRM, cutting the 12 just enough to miss the point, cue ball three rails (that part like Newkirk 😁), 12 ball goes THREE RAILS (inside out) toward my pocket area. Cue ball back up table 😁😁😁😁
That is a good shot with draw but sells out the 1 better then half the time.
Only make the ball once in 5 tries.

kanzzo

Verified Member
just roll the 8 in or hang it in your pocket. should have position on 1 if you make it. Opponent needs to make a bank if you miss and will have two balls out of play.
(like if safety is tough go for offense with a chance to win).

Also 1 looks very thin. And I should know by know if my opponent would attack the one from position of the 10. If I think my opponent is a big underdog to make one (or will never risk going for this ball) I may just pocket and spot the 10 and leave cb frozen on the rail.

• Wow

unoperro

Verified Member
just roll the 8 in or hang it in your pocket. should have position on 1 if you make it. Opponent needs to make a bank if you miss and will have two balls out of play.
(like if safety is tough go for offense with a chance to win).

Also 1 looks very thin. And I should know by know if my opponent would attack the one from position of the 10. If I think my opponent is a big underdog to make one (or will never risk going for this ball) I may just pocket and spot the 10 and leave cb frozen on the rail.
The 10 is in front of your opponent's pocket.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That is a good shot with draw but sells out the 1 better then half the time.
Only make the ball once in 5 tries.
Honestly 1 in 5 might be over estimating. I’m not expecting to make it. But on the other hand, I don’t think it’s as wild as it might look — and the other two balls are lying in good safe places for the cue ball route, in my opinion.

Curious if any of you try it.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That's why the 6 railer is good and controllable at a high speed.
Why?....when you hit the 5th rail/head rail ''at speed'' cue ball kills.... then goes straight to the long rail, with the 10 .
Try it, it's a Ronnie Allen Shot .

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I am in the camp of moving the 1 towards the 8 with a little inside keeping the cb on the bottom rail closer to the 12. If the 1 does not make it all the way over hopefully it will block the 2 rail on the 8.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am in the camp of moving the 1 towards the 8 with a little inside keeping the cb on the bottom rail closer to the 12. If the 1 does not make it all the way over hopefully it will block the 2 rail on the 8.
I definitely would not trust myself leaving the 12 that close to my opponent’s pocket, going to the far rail and back down table to play safe on the 12 — all with the starting position of the cue ball frozen to the rail! It’s why I’d rather come off the 12😁😁

You guys are aware that’s your opponent’s pocket by the 12 and cue ball, right? Or am I the one with the table upside down lol??