Ghost vs. Mike 1

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
My shot....my pocket is at bottom left/below the 14ball....score is 3-2 Ghost ahead....wwyd?

Attachments

• ME 1.JPG
    ME 1.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 128

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
As I look at the table's lay-out of balls, it appears that I could strike the cue ball with right spin and pocket the 4-ball in the side pocket. The cue ball should strike the end rail and the spin should bring it back toward the stripe and the solid two ball cluster (appears to be the 11-ball and 5-ball). With the correct speed, my opponent should not have a direct line to hit the 14-ball by my pocket.

In the same vein, I could strike the cue ball to strike the end rail and snuggle the cue ball behind the stripe and solid two ball cluster (appears to be the 11-ball and 5-ball). There is a possibility of a scratch on the execution of this shot if I fail to hit the two ball cluster.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I might just cut the 5 like I was trying to make it in the corner and go two rails behind that cub of balls. That way I think I have a better feel of the shot.

2023-12-17 23_29_57-Window.png

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Whitey, I thought you'd be playing that 5-11 combination bank! :>)
heh , that's my shot. ball first! playing to get the cueball to the center of the table or a bit farther , Can;t leave the cut on the 10. I like the hiding the cue ball ideas but that 8 1 combo with a safe built in is too powerful for my liking. I also liked making the 4 in the side and getting behind the 2 balls on his rail, but I would have to be playing really well and playing someone who out moved me.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
heh , that's my shot. ball first! playing to get the cueball to the center of the table or a bit farther , Can;t leave the cut on the 10. I like the hiding the cue ball ideas but that 8 1 combo with a safe built in is too powerful for my liking. I also liked making the 4 in the side and getting behind the 2 balls on his rail, but I would have to be playing really well and playing someone who out moved me.
Billy Jackets, do not worry ab out who you are playing, because after those two shots they ain't playing another game!
You're showing to much speed, you going to have to spot me o these wwyd's.
Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I didn't see that one, but it made me aware of this one; kick off of the head rail into the 11 -5 combo bank sending both balls to my hole w/ cb goning to center of table.
Thanks Ghost you woke me up, and this wwyd is getting interesting!
Whitey
I don't think even the flying Wallendas had that much chutzpah! lol it would sure get some attention though . and it';s definitely a possible shot..

Kybanks

Verified Member
I either like the twice cross corner on the 14 ball or shooting the 4 ball into the 5-11 and trying to hit the 3 ball cluster. Hopefully getting him on top of one of those balls.