Ghost's Shot Choice #6

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This has been a great thread, Ghost. Thanks to you and the other WEI-able posters who entertain the rest of us and occasionally force us to think - even if just a little. I really must . . . anyway, good on you. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
bernie p said:
Let's not forget here that the IPG is 4-3 ahead against a good player. This is no time for heroics.

There are a couple of relatively low percentage shots to win the game from here....but a much higher chance of losing the game......

So......given that..... I would shoot the 1 ball off the short end rail, taking out the 3 ball.....with just the right angle to carom the cue off the back of the 9, making the 4. Or playing the same 1, 3 take out and just freezing up to the back of the 9 while nudging the 4 ball over the hole.

Whaddya think?

Bernie.
Thank God, Bernie! You not only have a good eye, but you are merciful as well. Ghost would have strung us out for 2-3 more days at least; with us waiting for his actual shot.:D

Good shot, Ghost.:) It's shots like these that make me wonder why you've refused to give me 9-7.:confused:

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Thank God, Bernie! You not only have a good eye, but you are merciful as well. Ghost would have strung us out for 2-3 more days at least; with us waiting for his actual shot.:D

Good shot, Ghost.:) It's shots like these that make me wonder why you've refused to give me 9-7.:confused:

Doc

I didn't see it Doc. Maybe the Ghost has been stalling on me. On the other hand, Bernie took me down my first trip to Kolby's, so I'm going to start asking for a little weight myself.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Frank Almanza said:
Bank the three into the kiss to take it toward your pocket. At the worse you take the three out. It's hard to kiss the three on the wrong side to leave it there. You just need to take precaution because of the scratch.

Here's your shot Frank. The ghost is a little more careful than I am. ;)
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AORT3CXYP4DUWh1EOAs1HIWh4ISKS2KKqT3MaPC2PGEv3WXYP3WXAm3WXYA4WKRw4WKRw4WKqw2kGEv3kXQA3kbjE3kXpH3kaCd3kaCa@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Frank Almanza said:
Thanks androd, I'm still trying to learn this wei table thing. The world is moving too fast for me. I feel like I'm being left behind.

Tech is also passing me by, because I'm mostly not interested. Cowboy Dennis helped me learn the Wei table. There are some posts somewhere on this site that explain it very well. Somebody will help find them I'm sure.:)
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
I didn't see it Doc. Maybe the Ghost has been stalling on me. On the other hand, Bernie took me down my first trip to Kolby's, so I'm going to start asking for a little weight myself.
Well then, it's clear to me, John. If in fact the Ghost has laid back a little with you, and also that you lost to Bernie; then probably the Ghost & Bernie should match up! They played each other in the 1po/az room 2 DCC's ago, but I don't know how it came out...:cool: If I were a meddling kind of guy, I'd raise the prop of you playing partners with yourself against OPG and Bernie. But I'm not that way, so I would never even bring that up.

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
John. If I were a meddling kind of guy, I'd raise the prop of you playing partners with yourself against OPG and Bernie. But I'm not that way, so I would never even bring that up.

Doc

Doc.....If I was the kind of guy, who would respond to a matchmaker's suggestion of a match-up, that of course he never did really make, because he's not that kind of guy..;)...

...then I would say yes, to that proposed match-up - that of course, was never brought up by doc...:)...

...it could be played at the next DCC - and I would even agree to a low 4 figure bet for our team....:eek:....:)

- Ghosty

PS, If any of this had actually been said...it would be the first official woof/challenge for the 2011 DCC...;)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Doc.....If I was the kind of guy, who would respond to a matchmaker's suggestion of a match-up, that of course he never did really make, because he's not that kind of guy..;)...

...then I would say yes, to that proposed match-up - that of course, was never brought up by doc...:)...

...it could be played at the next DCC - and I would even agree to a low 4 figure bet for our team....:eek:....:)

- Ghosty

PS, If any of this had actually been said...it would be the first official woof/challenge for the 2011 DCC...;)

As you know, the last time I was my own partner against Artie & Billy I in Galveston was a disaster.

I will however, agree to play with myself again at The Derby against you and Bernie if he is up to it too.

Does the low 4 figure bet include decimal points?

I'm up for it either way. Bark, Bark.

bernie p

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
As you know, the last time I was my own partner against Artie & Billy I in Galveston was a disaster.

I will however, agree to play with myself again at The Derby against you and Bernie if he is up to it too.

Hey guys.......it's official.:D

Not only does this beat the previous record of only 4 posts to cement the Grady/Hendy matchup but I am now in doubles action with the infamous One Pocket Ghost....... without even having to post a single woof! Ya gotta' luv it;)

This sounds like a great, and dare I say it....fair matchup.

FWIW.....all woofing aside, my attendance at the 2011 DCC is up in the air due to a family health commitment.

If I am fortunate enough to be able to attend, I would really enjoy this game, win or lose. Let's just say for now that if I'm there, I"m in...

Thanks.

Bernie.

P.S. .......I sincerely hope this is'nt a case of the old "2 American friends(Hendy/Ghost) and a Brit stranger":eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
bernie p said:

Not only does this beat the previous record of only 4 posts to cement the Grady/Hendy matchup but I am now in doubles action with the infamous One Pocket Ghost....... without even having to post a single woof! Ya gotta' luv it;)

FWIW.....all woofing aside, my attendance at the 2011 DCC is up in the air due to a family health commitment.

If I am fortunate enough to be able to attend, I would really enjoy this game, win or lose. Let's just say for now that if I'm there, I"m in...

Thanks.

Bernie.

P.S. .......I sincerely hope this is'nt a case of the old "2 American friends(Hendy/Ghost) and a Brit stranger":eek:

Or a Brit & a Scot (1st generation here) trying to catch a Ghost. Naaah, I want a shot at ALL the $$.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:

The 4 figure number would have a comma after the first digit...:)

We didn't need to know what you did in the privacy of your room with your Shanelle Lorraine and Jasmine Ouschan posters...:eek:..:D

- Ghosty

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
bernie p said:

Thanks.

Bernie.

P.S. .......I sincerely hope this is'nt a case of the old "2 American friends(Hendy/Ghost) and a Brit stranger":eek:[/QUOTE]

C'mon now Bernie, you hurt my feelings..:(

- Ghost

PS, Anyway, don't worry, I can't be bought cheap...I wouldn't make a 'stranger' out of you for less than $10,000...:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
The 4 figure number would have a comma after the first digit...:)

We didn't need to know what you did in the privacy of your room with your Shanelle Lorraine and Jasmine Ouschan posters...:eek:..:D

- Ghosty

If for some reason Bernie can't make it, we can both play with ourselves (You may have more experience than me here).

You can put the comma anywhere you please.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
If for some reason Bernie can't make it, we can both play with ourselves (You may have more experience than me here).

Will you share your Shanelle Lorraine and Jasmine Ouschan posters with me?....:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
CaliRed said:
You go John!!! That's a win win situation:D

Hey Greg!.....is that the way it is?...I thought we were buddies..:(..where's the, "You go Ghost & Bernie!!!"...:rolleyes:...I'm thinking of going into my private messages and deleting all of the pm's you've sent me....:cool:

- Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:

You can put the comma anywhere you please.

Don't tell him that John...Now he'll want to play for 4,0 or 5,0 dollars..:D :p :D (Sorry Ghosty, couldn't resist)

PS..Very good observation on your first statement though..I'm sure you'd need a major handicap in that area..;)

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Greg!.....is that the way it is?...I thought we were buddies..:(..where's the, "You go Ghost & Bernie!!!"...:rolleyes:...I'm thinking of going into my private messages and deleting all of the pm's you've sent me....:cool:

- Ghosty

Hey now... your misreading me! My "You go John" was directed at him going to the Derby and playing with himself:)