Golf Rules

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
CK,

These rules look ok to me, except for one thing. The question that I have asked Hendy. What happens if one pushes or otherwise misses a legal hit on his ball. If the only cost is one hickey and removal of his ball, you are gonna see alot of pushing to a safe spot on the table to keep another player from getting into a hole. This will prolong the game significantly.

It does prolong the game, increasing strategy (makes it more like one pocket:eek:) and adding hickeys and increasing the money lost/won. You can modify the rule some by adding you can only push when you can't see any of your ball but have to shoot if you can see any part of your ball.

If you play you have to shoot at your ball even when snookered, you get a lot of whoopsies.:D If you hit my ball on a bad hit it goe back to where it was, get a hickey and your ball comes off.

In my opinion, not being able to push when you can't see your ball would ruin a good part of the moving and be especially bad in a ring game.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
It does prolong the game, increasing strategy (makes it more like one pocket:eek:) and adding hickeys and increasing the money lost/won. You can modify the rule some by adding you can only push when you can't see any of your ball but have to shoot if you can see any part of your ball.

If you play you have to shoot at your ball even when snookered, you get a lot of whoopsies.:D If you hit my ball on a bad hit it goe back to where it was, get a hickey and your ball comes off.

In my opinion, not being able to push when you can't see your ball would ruin a good part of the moving and be especially bad in a ring game.

John,

I know you know very well how to play the game, so I must not be clearly stating my question.:confused:

How do you enforce your rule that a player can't push out unless he is hooked?

If a player who is not hooked decides to push even though it costs a hickey and his ball comes off the table, can you stop him from doing so?

Last edited: