Hard Times Sacramento Action & Tourney

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The Chuck Markulis Memorial one pocket starts tomorrow and the nine ball on Saturday. With a $40 entry fee for both tournaments and 2k added to the one pocket and 3k to the nine ball, we expect quite a few players and it is always fun to see who rolls in the night before the tournament. Papa Dominguez is already here and was in one pocket action last night, so I expect we will see Oscar soon. He has won both events in the past. John Schmidt is also expected to be here.

Since I intend to play in both tournaments and do play in a few other local rotation tournaments, I had Little Al Romero make me a break cue. I also have been playing a little three cushion on the new billiard table here and asked him to put together a Cue I could play both with. I am very happy with the cue and could probably use it as a player too, it hits so well. I included a pic. Al is as busy as he wants to be, but puts out a great cue at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• 98683B73-83ED-48EA-8D76-1BF0B28A262A.jpg
    98683B73-83ED-48EA-8D76-1BF0B28A262A.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 4

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun! I had a Romero sneaky years ago and wish I never would have sold it. Enjoy the tourney!

Henry

Verified Member
The Chuck Markulis Memorial one pocket starts tomorrow and the nine ball on Saturday. With a $40 entry fee for both tournaments and 2k added to the one pocket and 3k to the nine ball, we expect quite a few players and it is always fun to see who rolls in the night before the tournament. Papa Dominguez is already here and was in one pocket action last night, so I expect we will see Oscar soon. He has won both events in the past. John Schmidt is also expected to be here.

Since I intend to play in both tournaments and do play in a few other local rotation tournaments, I had Little Al Romero make me a break cue. I also have been playing a little three cushion on the new billiard table here and asked him to put together a Cue I could play both with. I am very happy with the cue and could probably use it as a player too, it hits so well. I included a pic. Al is as busy as he wants to be, but puts out a great cue at a reasonable price.

I will be there John and we can play some, I will take the same game as last time.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
good luck in the tourney john
i am surprised that you could use a break cue for 3 cushion
since the tips used for one are not usually compatible for the other
also 3c shafts are usually much thinner than break cue shafts

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
John, Will the 1-pkt be streamed ? Like to sweat your left coast tournies.

You had better watch Henry, his game is pretty sporty.

We have finally got a weekly Sunday 1-pkt tourney here in Ft Worth area. $50 entry, race to 2, single elimination. Limited to 16 players.

Legends Billiards in Keller has unsurpassed Gold Crowns with 4 1/8 to 4 1/4
pockets. Tables roll true, and the owner takes pride in all his tables.

I have gotten lucky and won 2 of the last 3 weeks. Young guys can't stand
it. LOL

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

We have finally got a weekly Sunday 1-pkt tourney here in Ft Worth area. $50 entry, race to 2, single elimination. Limited to 16 players.

it. LOL
I'm surprised that y'all don't rake Cardone in on that one. Does he know about it?

~Doc

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Good luck, John. I miss those events and now that there's a billiard table it would be doubley fun.

Say hi to everyone for me.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

it. LOL

It will be streamed. Chris posted the link. Best player that showed up so far is Oscar Dominguez. John Schmidt is also supposed to be here. Will start around 2pm.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Lots of action going on after the tournament. Jeff De Luna was offering the 6 out in ten ball and Jeff gets all the breaks to a pretty good local player. Don’t know if it happened since I came home for a little sleep before today’s play.