Hi John Henderson

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Flights

Flights

I checked flights a little. I can come to Sacramento and be ready to play June 6th and the airfare is under $400 but there are only two seats left. So obviously I'd have to act quickly for that.
Metairie or Dan Tull's place would also be fine.I would like to make it easy for John to get to, if possible.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
More info

More info

Terry Stonier I and were good friends but his tables are really easy and the neighborhood has worsened.
Here are all my numbers if you guys want to contact me by phone, all times EST: Home 803-520-7792, work 803-957-7665 (don't open til noon), and cell 803-397-4550.
I'm really excited about playing you, John. A final thought, if streaming could be arranged in Joey's territority at least somebody could speak about our great game properly. For you OP lovers out there, if you haven't heard Joey's commentary, you're missing something.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Grady said:
Terry Stonier I and were good friends but his tables are really easy and the neighborhood has worsened.
Here are all my numbers if you guys want to contact me by phone, all times EST: Home 803-520-7792, work 803-957-7665 (don't open til noon), and cell 803-397-4550.
I'm really excited about playing you, John. A final thought, if streaming could be arranged in Joey's territority at least somebody could speak about our great game properly. For you OP lovers out there, if you haven't heard Joey's commentary, you're missing something.

Grady,

Airfare on Delta...Grady--Columbia S.C. to Phoenix...$378 RT, Even lower if you book on any Tuesday.....just sayin'.
John--Sac to Phx...under $160 (added bonus...either one (or both of you) can use one of my cars + airport pick-up incl.)

(Kolby's is the most player friendly room in the country. Great equipment, and Jimmy will let you play 25 hrs. a day, if you want...just sayin').:)

PS..Can't commentate as good as Joey A...but I can do my best...Lenny will stream (for a six-pack of Coor's)

Last edited:

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Ok with me

Ok with me

That would be fine with me. I'd like to get the details worked out because I need notice if possible. We can play Steve Booth's and the Onepocket.org rules, I guess.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Grady said:
That would be fine with me. I'd like to get the details worked out because I need notice if possible. We can play Steve Booth's and the Onepocket.org rules, I guess.

Arizona & Kolby's is ok with me in June or August, although a little hot in August.

Maybe we could play June in Az and again in Sacramento in August. I won't have access to a computer til Saturday, am going out of town for a couple days. My cell # is 530-391-8316. Doesn't always work around here but I will call back.

Set it up the dates that work for you, Ca or Az and I will make it. John

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Would be great if you guys made it to Kolby's as there is a good deal of one pocket players there, good equipment and food. I could stream it and I think Dick and Bernie Pettipiece would be good on the mic, they are not Joey A but I was surprised at how good Bernie is on the mic and Preacher Ronn is good too, he used to be on the radio, might have been a HAM radio though. Might even be able to get the Freezer in the booth with Dick, that would be fun. :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
john and grady its refreshing to see 2 players matching up without a lot of b.s. just lets get it on. im rooting for both of you to play your best game and may the best man that day win.
streaming and maybe a dvd would be great. id buy the dvd:)

beatle

Verified Member
hey, never ever accept the first offer as most times you can do much better with all the bull injected. bargain on every point of the play.

i wont say who but i would bet my sweet bippie that the one i like in the match has a dead lock if they play a long session.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Isn't there Diamond Billiards in Sacramento that has Diamond tables in it?

How about holding it at California Billiards, Shoreline, or Family in the SF area?

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Kolby's is fine

Kolby's is fine

How far from the airport is Kolby's? Motel closest? Not more than $100 a night. Thanks in advance.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Grady said:
How far from the airport is Kolby's? Motel closest? Not more than $100 a night. Thanks in advance.

Grady or John,

Kolby's is a 10-15 min. freeway drive from the airport. There is a Quality Inn right across the parking lot. Rates for June are $65. queen no-smoking ($56 with AARP card LOL)

Check out Kolby's Corner Pocket web site...dozens of hotels and restaurants nearby.

see links

http://phoenix.citysearch.com/profile/map/1698046/tempe_az/kolby_s_corner_pocket_billiard.html

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en...chn=OTHER&ovcpn=Trip+Advisor&ovcrn=&ovtac=CMP

Last edited:

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
this thread proves one thing,

Once upon a time when these guys were all in their 20's,30's during the Golden years of pool people wernt afraid to gamble, unlike the current situation. They had heart back then, you never hear that word used much anymore.

These 2 gentalmen(Both I consider very good friends of mine) stepped up to the plate and made a game-no bullshitting around in 4 posts. They way they have long before I was born 66.

Even if this game dosent come off(God forbid) it shows that when 2 people are TRUE gamblers it aint hard to match up. If you cant make a game in a reasonalbe length of time it just says 2 things about you-your broke or scared. Thats how I see it.

Good luck to both of you,

Fatboy:)

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I'm puzzled, guys

I'm puzzled, guys

I have one computer at work and two at home. On none of them can I get posts past two pages on any thread at OnePocket.org . Hence I don't know what Lenny-post 33 or Fatboy- post 324 said.It's frustrating.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fatboy said:
this thread proves one thing,

Once upon a time when these guys were all in their 20's,30's during the Golden years of pool people wernt afraid to gamble, unlike the current situation. They had heart back then, you never hear that word used much anymore.

These 2 gentalmen(Both I consider very good friends of mine) stepped up to the plate and made a game-no bullshitting around in 4 posts. They way they have long before I was born 66.

Even if this game dosent come off(God forbid) it shows that when 2 people are TRUE gamblers it aint hard to match up. If you cant make a game in a reasonalbe length of time it just says 2 things about you-your broke or scared. Thats how I see it.

Good luck to both of you,

Fatboy:)
this from the non lemmon players , non stallers . its like in the old days walking into a pool hall and saying i dont think anyone here can beat me. who wants to try?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Grady said:
I have one computer at work and two at home. On none of them can I get posts past two pages on any thread at OnePocket.org . Hence I don't know what Lenny-post 33 or Fatboy- post 324 said.It's frustrating.

Grady,

Get on a friends computer or laptop...log in, and catch up. Obviously something is wrong with your computer. Of course I guess you won't be getting this either.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Grady it says you have 389 posts total, its just a cummlitave total of posts you have made from day one, see what I mean? if not I'' call you and help you.:)

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
New Cloth to be installed in Tournament room sometime in June by Ernesto Dominguez.

24 hour availability to John and Grady is for table is very doable.
Just let me know when this will happen,

Grady and John are both family members here at Hard Times.

I'll pick up the table time, refreshments and finger food.