Hitting the "Big Apple"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Well, looks like my buddy, "The Beard" is making it to the "Big Time" starting in the "Big Apple! He's going on a book signing tour and lecture tour starting in NYC and hopefully following it up with points West.

http://www.facebook.com/fred.bentivegna

Good luck with it Freddy, you deserve it for all the hard work and punishment you've taken throughout the years!

The "Frog"

kitchb

Verified Member
Beard book launch in NYC

Beard book launch in NYC

(apparently you guys must have thought Mr 3 C was just joshing. Let's try this again.)
ATTENTION: THE BEARD IS GOING TO NEW YORK. THE BEARD IS GOING TO NEW YORK. Mark your calendars - my Pops, Hall of Famer and Sports Personality, Freddy "The Beard" Bentivegna will be in town April 8-12 for the launch of his new book "The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers." He'll be conducting interviews at The Ace Hotel(29th/Broadway) and will have a reading/party at a nearby pool room Friday April 11th at 7pm. Be sure to bring your pool cues and probing questions about Elvis, Phil Spector, Minnesota Fats, Amarillo Slim, Goldie Hawn, James Caan, Johnny Mathis, notorious hit man "Frankie The German" and the Weather Underground(to name a few.) FYI The Beard's still looking for someone to "steer" him to a "pastrami joint" with a "good count."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Proper invite to follow - feel free to email for more info: cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com
-Catherine Bentivegna Adami
catadami.com
poolhustlersdaughter.com

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Actually, my daughter was kidding about me needing a pastrami steer. I am more than hip to Katz's. I have been there and I rate it #1 over the Stage, Carnegie, and 2nd Ave Deli. I love the fact that you can watch the guy make the sandwich. That is half of the experience with me. Dont worry, I will do serious damage at Katz's.

Beard

There isnt a single good corned beef or pastrami joint in the whole city of Chicago! For true.

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
pastrami

pastrami

Try Kaufman's deli. 4905 w. dempster.Comes close to Katz's but not technically not in Chicago but Skokie

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Try Kaufman's deli. 4905 w. dempster.Comes close to Katz's but not technically not in Chicago but Skokie

Been to Kaufman's. Very good. Probably the only place in Chicago where I will go out of my way to get a corned beef sandwich. They were closed (fire?) for a long time.
They used to have great bagels, but they must have changed the recipe, or get them from someplace else, because they are now just average or below.

I will also go to Moon's on Western and Madison. Neighborhood is scary, but the joint is owned by policemen -- policemen with relatives in the mob. The corned beef is good but the rye bread is a shit commercial brand.

Beard

Next to the NY deli's, the corned beef here doesnt compare.

Manny's is probably the worst. Big count, meat tough as shoe leather.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Been to Kaufman's. Very good. Probably the only place in Chicago where I will go out of my way to get a corned beef sandwich. They were closed (fire?) for a long time.
They used to have great bagels, but they must have changed the recipe, or get them from someplace else, because they are now just average or below.

I will also go to Moon's on Western and Madison. Neighborhood is scary, but the joint is owned by policemen -- policemen with relatives in the mob. The corned beef is good but the rye bread is a shit commercial brand.

Beard

Next to the NY deli's, the corned beef here doesnt compare.

Manny's is probably the worst. Big count, meat tough as shoe leather.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Guess who has promised to show up? Our own, the gorgeous, Fanatic, aka Fannie, aka Peaches, aka Sandra Stevens! Howz zat? If only I was 30 years younger!

Beard

Bankin Ben

Verified Member
From
Millington TN.
I wonder if we can get Beard an invitation to be on The Late show with Letterman?? That would be one helluva an interview...hey Beard that might help you also with Ms Fannie!!..Good luck with the tour buddie!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Official invite to the book launch. Whoever is coming must PM me with a confirmation so their name will be on the list at the door when they arrive.

Beard

(The email invite is much cooler than this)

Attachments

• Adami1040page2 (600 x 586).jpg
    Adami1040page2 (600 x 586).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
Freddy,

I am calling Rao's in NYC to see if we can get in during that time. Not sure they will remember me.

Toughest res in all of NY.

If so I will fly to NYC and take you to dinner.

If not, can I help out west?

Billy S.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

I am calling Rao's in NYC to see if we can get in during that time. Not sure they will remember me.

Toughest res in all of NY.

If so I will fly to NYC and take you to dinner.

If not, can I help out west?

Billy S.

How the hell are you going to get into Rao's? The same people been eating there for 30 years. I aint sure if Obama can get in.:lol Money wont do it, you must know somebody.

If this launch is successful, I might take it on the road to New Orleans and LA.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I wonder if we can get Beard an invitation to be on The Late show with Letterman?? That would be one helluva an interview...hey Beard that might help you also with Ms Fannie!!..Good luck with the tour buddie!

I am too old for Fannie (unfortunately), I am like a big brother now.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Official invite to the book launch. Whoever is coming must PM me with a confirmation so their name will be on the list at the door when they arrive.

Beard

(The email invite is much cooler than this)

freddy the invite card posted is
VERY CLASSY.....:)
wish i could be there in person but in spirit ill be there rooting you on...:)
GO GETTEM FREDDY.....:D
wish you much success
larry