Home Court Advantage

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
We all know playing in your home room on a familiar table and in front of your friends has its advantages. The match between Alex P. And Justin Hall is a chance to check this out. We know both are great players, but I don’t think anyone considers it an even match anywhere except on Justin’s home court.

Dr. Bill has made it pick em, which tells us what he thinks about home court advantage. Should be a great match.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I agree with you. Though in some circumstances, having home room advantage raises victory expectations or assumptions, and therefore puts extra pressure on the home man. If the player lets it get to him, those expectations from the home crowd can add an extra layer, making it psychologically absolutely essential to the shooter that he must win.

OTOH, most pro players should be accustomed to that kind of pressure. In this case, Hall seems like a pretty even keeled player, with both feet on the ground. Hopefully he won't let the local high expectations affect him.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
We all know Alex is a much better 1P player then SVB but Shane had trouble adjusting to those Red Label tables at Diamonds. Ray says Alex will have no problem on those tables but all it takes is a bad bank or two to make the difference.

I’ll take Justin for a $100

Henry

Verified Member
We all know Alex is a much better 1P player then SVB but Shane had trouble adjusting to those Red Label tables at Diamonds. Ray says Alex will have no problem on those tables but all it takes is a bad bank or two to make the difference.

I’ll take Justin for a $100

I will take that bet.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
For years, Justin has had a standing offer to play anyone even on his home table. Now Alex is offering weight. I know everyone loves Alex's game, as they should, but home field matters. This isn't a tournament or a short race. This a grueling 8 ahead on enemy territory. If Alex prevails, it would be quite an accomplishment. Thanks to all involved for making this happen. I know it's a lot of work to set up this kind of entertainment and I for one really appreciate it.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
For years, Justin has had a standing offer to play anyone even on his home table. Now Alex is offering weight. I know everyone loves Alex's game, as they should, but home field matters. This isn't a tournament or a short race. This a grueling 8 ahead on enemy territory. If Alex prevails, it would be quite an accomplishment. Thanks to all involved for making this happen. I know it's a lot of work to set up this kind of entertainment and I for one really appreciate it.

Things got even better just got the word from Ray.

We will have One Pocket Hall of Famer Double J Jeremy Jones in the commentary booth breaking down all the shots and strategies. :)

37982939_10211960942848936_3502689049867452416_n.jpg

Last edited: