Hustler Bank Shot

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Fanatic said:
Dennis,
JA had no other choice but to wear these shorts because the next smallest size was in the childrens department :eek: :D
XOXO

I think those are SJD's shorts & she grabbed the closest thing she could find early in the moring for the photo.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I think those are SJD's shorts & she grabbed the closest thing she could find early in the moring for the photo.
John Backer wanted with shorts no experience nessasary.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Mosconi said no

Mosconi said no

Greyghost said:
are you sure on the foul doc? Looked it up in byrnes book, with all the other push fouls in the book and it was not one of them. I was always told this was the legal way to shoot it. Can someone clear this up for us, beard/artie?

Mosconi shot it in an exhibition 40 yrs ago and said it wasnt a foul.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Exactly how it happened !

Exactly how it happened !

jrhendy said:

Finally, someone with a plausible, realistic explaination..:cool:

PS and NO its NOT a foul Doc, at least it never has been.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Am I correct in saying it is a foul if theres a gap between the cue ball and the object ball but isn't a foul if there froze?

Dud

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Dudley said:
Am I correct in saying it is a foul if theres a gap between the cue ball and the object ball but isn't a foul if they're froze?

Dud

Thats what I think, but you could possibably go across the top of the CB without hitting it twice. Maybe
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's a double hit. You can hear it. It may be in one of those super slowmo shot videos that Jewett and others have. Maybe not. I forget the guy who's a professor, and illustrated bunches of commonly misunderstood shots.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jrhendy said:
i think you are correct:) as far as the foul goes anyone know a professional referree to tell us his opinion?

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
pg. 232 of winning one pocket.

Hayden Lingo vs E. Taylor

It was lingo that left taylor watching "stunned" with the shot.

Depicts this shot length of table said match happened in 1950. so the shots def pretty old.

Deeman

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
It's a double hit. You can hear it. It may be in one of those super slowmo shot videos that Jewett and others have. Maybe not. I forget the guy who's a professor, and illustrated bunches of commonly misunderstood shots.

Doc

"Dr Dave" Acatore....

Fanatic

Verified Member
I've seen this shot in an old video executed by Steve Mizerak where he clearly stated that this shot was NOT a foul. I'm not sure what the name of the video is, but I definitly know Ewa Mataya was in it and I think the third person was Johnny Archer but I could be wrong about that. Steve shot 2 shots in the segment; the one that we are talking about which is not a foul and another that is set up similarly, but is a cut shot or shall I say a push shot which he stated was illegal. The later was also used in a movie which I believe was pool hall junkies.
XOXO

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Why would anyone waste their time on this shot. I have played a few games myself, and sweated thousands more...guess how many times I've seen this shot come up ???????????????????...ZERO !

It is just a trick shot, and thats all it will ever be. Why waste ink and brain-power ? Do golfer's practice hitting a shot out of a bird's nest ?...Would that be a "fowl" ???. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Its not on any of my videos

Its not on any of my videos

SJDinPHX said:
Why would anyone waste their time on this shot. I have played a few games myself, and sweated thousands more...guess how many times I've seen this shot come up ?

It is just a trick shot, and thats all it will ever be. Why waste ink and brain-power ? Do golfer's practice hitting a shot out of a bird's nest ?...Would that be a "fowl" ???. :rolleyes:

I didnt use it on any of my videos simply because I only want to teach things that somebody can use -- in a game. I have 47 extreme trick shot banks on my DVD, Banks That Dont Go -- But do, and every one of them come up at some point playing banks or One Pocket. Unless you want to do exhibitions -- and I dont--those type of shots are next to worthless. I dont even believe the shot came up with Lingo and Taylor either.

Beard

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I didnt use it on any of my videos simply because I only want to teach things that somebody can use -- in a game. I have 47 extreme trick shot banks on my DVD, Banks That Dont Go -- But do, and every one of them come up at some point playing banks or One Pocket. Unless you want to do exhibitions -- and I dont--those type of shots are next to worthless. I dont even believe the shot came up with Lingo and Taylor either.

Beard
THe real pool hustlers and onepocket and banks. Went out with all the people 65 and older. And I am very prowed to say I am with the old generation and click. You want me to give them a little old style tourture dont you. They have deen pretty nice excepte for my spelling. But that doesnt bother me. I dont even make a excuess that I hit the wrong key. And dont go back to correct it. I am very happy that i Got a lot off support from One Pocket . Org Members. The have been Tripel Gorge. And the people on one pocket . Org are way smarter. BUt all those eggs over thier shot a lot straighter then we do. BUt its thier time in life to shine. All we can do is pull down the courten and hope tommarow will be a less painfull memory. I love each and every one off you. Stay alive tell the world ends. You are real people. And I realy enjoy your company. The good part is look at all the great memories we have and all the great people we have meet in our journey through life. May happiness and joy follow you for the resy off your lfe. From the bottom off my heart. Ab. Fast and loose. No strings attached. Go for whatever life offers. You are the people who have seen it and lived it. And they cant denie it. WE are the vagabonds off the past.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I like this one, she fits into those shorts nicely.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
You too would make a perfect Couple.
How much is it worth playing one pocket if your opponent cant bank a ball. THats a hard one.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You too would make a perfect Couple.
How much is it worth playing one pocket if your opponent cant bank a ball. THats a hard one.
Thanks Artie, here is my girl and the little marshmellows, I prefer redheads. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Thanks Artie, here is my girl and the little marshmellows, I prefer redheads. :)
Thats a great family you have. Wish you all the best in life with your wife and children. FAMILY IS FOREVER.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fast Lenny said:
me and sjd ( i'll speak for him) like your tastes . the ghost ,dennis and fannie i dont think would agree