It isn't about the person

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Rob,

If you quit, who is gonna keep the Ghost in line, lol, and who will I be able to pick on occasionally? Yeah, you push the edge of the toleration envelope sometimes, I also have some of the same failings myself, but hey, it's part of what makes you colorful! You contribute wisdom and humor and I for one would miss that! If all we have is sterile conversation and politically correct statements, then we are truly in trouble! We must continue to have learned sounding boards like yourself, Dr. Bill, Tom, Ghost, and all the others here who post and contribute to this wonderful site!!!

Jerk up those boot straps and stiffen that upper lip.
Or in your words, grow a pair and get back in the game!!!
We need ya here.

Jeff, he took his ball and went home but he'll be back because he doesn't want to be looked at as a quitter. Quitters very seldom win, and winners very seldom quit, even if they on occasion..shoot the wrong shot.

Rob (Hacker) has a very deep and profound understanding of the game of one pocket, and an ego to match, understanding this (as he does) is hard for him to see his faults (which we all have except the Ghost) but there is much to be learned for the "short bus kids" and he really badly wants to help them, and being the good natured guy that he is probably will result in him taking a few days off. :sorry Rob, you better get back here, you"re on a 5 day shot clock.:p

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
out of most of the guys here hacker and billy seem to understand the probability of shots, rather than a subjective reason for shooting one over another. for that reason and that reason alone i prefer hacker continues to contribute to us poor confused dumb -witted cant see the light people on this forum.

for those just mentioned you are all babes in the woods if hacker is too much for you. go into any action poolroom and put hacker in and he is lost compared to those that dwarf his harping, picking on certain people, acting like he knows it all, making hard hitting jokes , and all of his other quirks.

billy handles him well but lately hacker is getting the best of him big time. lets wait and see what happens.

ghost holds his own and doesnt seem to take abuse too personally. and he tries hard to put up good shots to discuss, shots where by the way, he pretty much always knows the right thing to do.

i tend not to be weak and use similes, so take what i say for what you interpret it as. and run with the ball.

:)

Thanks for sayin' beatle.

Jeff, he took his ball and went home but he'll be back because he doesn't want to be looked at as a quitter. Quitters very seldom win, and winners very seldom quit, even if they on occasion..shoot the wrong shot.

Rob (Hacker) has a very deep and profound understanding of the game of one pocket, and an ego to match, understanding this (as he does) is hard for him to see his faults (which we all have except the Ghost) but there is much to be learned for the "short bus kids" and he really badly wants to help them, and being the good natured guy that he is probably will result in him taking a few days off. :sorry Rob, you better get back here, you"re on a 5 day shot clock.:p

Dr. Bill

Thanks for the reality check Billy...:heh...:D

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I haven't seen Stroud either. I thought for sure he would go to the Super Senior

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think this first post is much to do about nothing. That's just what I think. If you have been around at all and have even a modicum "skin" (as in thick skin), you're able to take the good and the bad with our posters. They are all obviously very good guys.

Maybe off topic but the one last thing I'll bring up is I personally think you can learn more in one 500 game of one pocket than you could in 15 years of studying wwyd threads. Sorry to diminish them but that's what I think. They are fun and all and there is a learning element but I don't think the learning value in them is something to get too serious about. Just enjoy them and participate in the jeering and have fun with it.

Cloidius

Verified Member
They are all obviously very good guys.

Haha! Yep, there is a stringent application process that filters out all the bad ones.

I think that Petie's original post was long overdue.

I am very tired of sifting through buckets of self important B.S. so I just don't read the threads as much.

It is kind of like junior high. Where all the cool kids belittle the smart ones. Smart ones make fun of the stupid ones. And the stupid ones make fun of girls. And yes, then there is the meanest one, picking on the defenseless kids being assisted off of the short bus. And, just like in junior high, inexplicably, other kids join in, just because they don't want to be on his bad side.

Man...I hated junior high.

baby huey

Verified Member
I am a sometime member/contributor and tend to read more then I write. This post kinda reminds me of my family. I love them all but I know I get on some of their nerves and visa versa. Being a child of the 60's from the "old school," I just think we all sometimes make too much out of stuff that will be forgotten about in a short time. Just let the "love" shine through and we will all be OK in the end.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
My opinion is that if you can't take what Hacker says in here you certainly aren't going to have what it takes to execute good pool shots against guys who are constantly trying to shark you and get under your skin.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
My opinion is that if you can't take what Hacker says in here you certainly aren't going to have what it takes to execute good pool shots against guys who are constantly trying to shark you and get under your skin.

i dont agree tyler. it gets old and distasteful to have the same guy putting people down at every opportunity. he's a pretty big guy but his ego is even bigger. it wouldn't bother me at all if he never came back. if he does come back it would be nice if he acted like a gentleman. keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hacker does have a good ability to size up a shot situation quickly and come up with a good shot choice -- and he is an experienced solid player that can back it up at the table.

Would I like to have him tone it down sometimes? Absolutely! He has had at least one trip to the onepocket.org doghouse, and he has definitely lightened up since then, at least maybe a little sometimes... Maybe this self-imposed break is his own way of dealing with it. I also would like to see him continue to post in the WWYD's.

I believe my advice before was to especially tone it down when he is disagreeing with a poster that he is not sure how well they handle Rob's style of criticism. Whereas with Billy I, those two seem to handle each other just fine.

I strongly agree that "short bus" "idiot" "cripple" etc have no place here. The phrase that comes to mind for me is always, "There but for the grace of God go I." In otherwords, everyone of us is just lucky we don't really have to deal with such serious issues in our own lives. And if we do, then even more power to those who do!

I will close by reminding Rob and others to have a read of the "sticky" at the top of the main forum: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2784

Thanks for starting this introspective thread, Petie.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hacker He has had at least one trip to the onepocket.org doghouse

Thanks for starting this introspective thread, Petie.

Someone correct me if I'm recalling incorrectly..;)..but as I remember it - when Rob, about 1-1/2 yrs. ago, was banished over to the members only section - it wasn't for all of his tiresome ego-fueled sarcasm...

It was because several of the shot-choices that he insistently gave out, were incorrect..and some members complained because they took his advice on shots, and then lost games and $$$ because of it...:eek:...:heh...:lol :p :lol