J. Archer vs. W. Crane 2001 D.C.C.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Hitting the 2 ball just right of center and drawing the cueball toward JA side of the table. Everything is going to go toward Wades pocket. 3 ball caroms off the 6 ball, 6 ball banks 2 rails out of the corner, 14 ball goes right toward his side, 9 ball is going to stop right where it is, 2 ball is going to billiard 11 ball over and stop will stop. The other shot i would consider is taking a scratch kicking softly into the stack and freezing him. Leaning toward the more aggresive shot.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm shooting the 1-10 combination at pocket speed. It's not that hard and the cue ball won't move much. If I make it I might make a bunch of balls. The worst that can happen is that I will leave a tough cut shot on the striped ball near the middle of the short rail, which I doubt Mr. Archer would shoot. Good spot to go for a long combo - if there is such a thing. :eek:

MGM Tony

I like thinning the six ball into the striped ball below it and opening those two balls up towards my pocket killing the cue ball at the diamond below the side pocket on Archers side of the table.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I would hit 5 ball pocket speed head on with slight right english to try and hit 2 ball and lock him up in stack. If it goes you're in good shape to run balls.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm shooting the 1-10 combination at pocket speed. It's not that hard and the cue ball won't move much. If I make it I might make a bunch of balls. The worst that can happen is that I will leave a tough cut shot on the striped ball near the middle of the short rail, which I doubt Mr. Archer would shoot. Good spot to go for a long combo - if there is such a thing. :eek:
I think that stripe ball you're talking is sitting too good. The cue ball looks like it will move forward at least a few inches. Archer will definitely shoot at it and make it. If your playing the combo you need stop the cue ball and take a chance of losing position on the one ball because of the speed needed to stop the cue ball.
The hackers shot looks very good to me. It will certainly move more balls to your side with little risk involved.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I think onepockethacker's shot might be a sell out because too many bad things could happen. One thing is controlling the cue ball but his other shot taking a scratch is keeping it simple and not a bad idea.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I think onepockethacker's shot might be a sell out because too many bad things could happen. One thing is controlling the cue ball but his other shot taking a scratch is keeping it simple and not a bad idea.

Regarding the Hackers shot, if the three ball is hitting the six to drive it across table I don't see other dangers in the shot.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Regarding the Hackers shot, if the three ball is hitting the six to drive it across table I don't see other dangers in the shot.

Exactly Frank, you have to have an imagination to play this game at a high level. You also have to have the balls to go for it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the speed of the shot determines the sell out of the 6 ball
imho
to get the 6 to the other side you have to hit it with some speed
how many of you from that distance would hit the shot firm/hard???

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
the speed of the shot determines the sell out of the 6 ball
imho
to get the 6 to the other side you have to hit it with some speed
how many of you from that distance would hit the shot firm/hard???

Larry, that was the 1st shot I saw and yes it would take some speed, but looks safe. I would probably end up kicking at the 1 ball, looks like a good safe shot with room to move the CB behind the rack.
Rod.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I think a firm hit with forward roll on the cue ball and a hit just a bit off center to the right of the 4-ball would result in a double kiss that might favor pocketing the 4-ball.....with some luck.

Attachments

• J. Archer vs. W. Crane 2001 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    J. Archer vs. W. Crane 2001 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Put him in the trap

Put him in the trap

I like kicking softly into the stack putting the cueball on the 9 ball. keith

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

You win a cookie for picking the shot Wade shot but then you have to give it back because JA ran 9 & out from there:eek:. Yes, he whacked in the 15 and ran 8 more.

Commentator BI said that a one-pocket player would never shoot the 15 from where Crane left the cueball.

Wade shot the 1/10 combination and wiggled the 10 & jawed it up:

WC's Shot.jpg

He left it like this:

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

Archer knifed in the 15 with speed & busted the stack and ran 9 & out:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It's Wade's shot. What would you do?

P.S. JA just pushed out, he is minus 1 ball.

View attachment 5915

My shot might have been a 2 rail kick, at the stripe just below the 6 ball..I would feel confident, I could hit it thin, and go into the 6 ball, sending balls toward my hole, and hiding the cue ball, behind the stack, near the side rail....My second choice would be, to lag into the 2 ball (stack) and take a scratch, or maybe try Rod's rail first shot at the one ball.. Archer would be shooting on 2 fouls from there. Lots of good options here..:)

Either way, Archer is NOT running 9 and out..I really like the 2 rail kick, in that spot..;)... Billy I. was right, Johnny bet the game on the 15 ball...looks like he had a natural safety making the ball in Wades hole, and possibly kicking the 2 over towards his hole, or just freezing on the 1 ball.

Kickin' Duck

PS..RBL, you know what you can do with your cookie, which I would not have won anyway !...:D

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
My shot might have been a 2 rail kick, at the stripe just below the 6 ball..I would feel confident, I could hit it thin, and go into the 6 ball, sending balls toward my hole, and hiding the cue ball, behind the stack, near the side rail....My second choice would be, to lag into the 2 ball (stack) and take a scratch, or maybe try Rod's rail first shot at the one ball.. Archer would be shooting on 2 fouls from thereJA pushed out one time, if you pushed to the stack he would still be on one foul Bozo.. Lots of good options here..:)

Either way, Archer is NOT running 9 and out..I really like the 2 rail kick, in that spot..;)... Billy I. was right, Johnny bet the game on the 15 ball...looks like he had a natural safety making the ball in Wades hole, and possibly kicking the 2 over towards his hole, or just freezing on the 1 ball.

Kickin' Duck

PS..RBL, you know what you can do with your cookie, which I would not have won anyway !...:D

To have your opinion of what you would have done have any weight behind it you may want to try posting before the resulting shot has been shown, you moron.

RBL