J. Parica vs. J. Schmidt 2002 D.C.C.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I shoot the 9 two rails to end up with the cue ball frozen or at least behind the 12.

I am really focusing on the cue ball and the 9 is just a means to an end.

Ken

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Wwwd

Wwwd

If I'm playing serious I probably play safe off the 9 or the 1.

If I'm playing to play, then I bank the 6 firm (letting the cue ball get a slight drift forward towards the side rail) and play the 6 into the stacks 15 - 11 - 4 - 3 which look to be dead into my pocket :D

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
shot

shot

I bank the six into the 14 and park the cue on the rail next to the one. Shooting more cue than bank...if he wants to jack up and fire at the 10 it is up to him...

Bille

Cory in dc

Verified Member
If you want to be real aggressive, and on the internet we all do, it looks like you could 2-rail the 9 to hit the short rail near Schmidt's pocket and then go one more rail and right at the 15. The 15 goes right into the catcher's mitt formed by the 8 and 11. The 11/4 are frozen so that the 3-ball just might be on. If it goes, you win. If it doesn't the 3, 4, 2, and 5 are all on your side. The CB angle you need to get the 9 ball to follow that path should let you get to the long rail behind the 10 with force follow and perhaps a hair of right.

This shot assumes that Androd's safer and better shot isn't available.

Attachments

• crazy.JPG
    crazy.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

kingrichardthelionheart

Verified Member
From
westpalmbeachfl.
If you want to be real aggressive, and on the internet we all do, it looks like you could 2-rail the 9 to hit the short rail near Schmidt's pocket and then go one more rail and right at the 15. The 15 goes right into the catcher's mitt formed by the 8 and 11. The 11/4 are frozen so that the 3-ball just might be on. If it goes, you win. If it doesn't the 3, 4, 2, and 5 are all on your side. The CB angle you need to get the 9 ball to follow that path should let you get to the long rail behind the 10 with force follow and perhaps a hair of right.

This shot assumes that Androd's safer and better shot isn't available.

six into 8 may have same results.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like Rodney's shot best of all other options that were discussed. Rod's shot if executed well will bury the cue ball in the stack and position a ball/balls by your pocket, with a very minimal risk. This option is just too hard to pass, if available.

Larry's option with fanning the 14ball and playing behind the 9-and 12ball is a very good option if the 14ball wasn't frozen. Shooting off of frozen balls are tricky, especially if you're trying to hit them thickly.

I don't believe the 6ball is available for any option shooting it. However, if it is available I also like banking the 6ball into the 12ball with a stun stroke and move balls toward my side and kill the cue ball near the side rail behind the stack.

All other options look kinda passive but there's a possibility that that's all that's available.

Ken shooting off the 9ball and playing a passive shot with a chance to sell out is a "no no" as a rule of thumb. After moving the 9ball you will open up a bank on the 3ball, if you're not precise with your cue ball. This is what's referred to as a "buying some time" option, with a demand for execution. I would only shoot your shot if I knew I could handle whitey.

Bill Incardona

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The bank on the 9 wasn't available, he only looked at it for a split second.

Jose banked the 6 into the 12 and didn't really come out with anything. He was very fortunate as the 6 ball came off the 12 it hit the cueball and nudged it to it's final resting place. It was going there anyway but he "go lucky".

This shot could've ended up very well indeed.

jose's shot.jpg

He left it here for Schmidt:

jose's leave.jpg