Keep track of pockets & whose break

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
….for those of us that need all the help we can get. How much do you figure messing up the pockets or bresk has cost you over the years — especially as you get older lol??

A pair of nice quality poker chips two colors and two sides each…

7B40E0B1-8449-4A24-8C5D-284417897BDE.jpeg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
what would you do? leave the correct 2 chips by your seat so you remember?

some opponents may flip them on you on your bathroom break. :)
Stack them next to you, yes. Of course, your opponent or a bystander could f**k with them, but since they are intended as backup anyway -- hopefully you would notice you've been sabotaged lol.

Locally I play a lot of a golf variation, and I use dice for that to keep track of pockets. My incidents of getting the pockets wrong has gone way down since I started using the dice. And yes, they've been tampered with a few times too.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i will take 2 pair steve
check your pm for my contact info
Going out today -- 3 pairs/25 shipped based on your PM. I believe they are decent quality "clay" chips and the printing looks pretty good. I tried a different company first, but ended up sending everything back for a refund because they just could not get the printing centered correctly. Plus these chips, from a different company, appear to be a little better quality too (y) They did cost a little more, but you get what you pay for I guess...

Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Pairs? I assumed they were two sided chips: one for which pocket the other for breaking.
Yes -- two different, two sided chips, the blue/white for whose break it was, and the black/white for which pocket is yours. I reversed the background on each side of each chip for a better visual differentiation without having to read the small print :LOL:

The idea being at the start of a game you re-stack the two chips as necessary and off you go. Pocket chip on top, break chip below, because you probably don't need to see the break chip until it's time for the next game, right?

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
These chips are basic simple memory aids. The way memory aids work, just the act of going to the effort to place them correctly at the start of each game, already puts you a big step ahead in remembering. That alone might be all you need...

.... but the chips also look and feel good -- and don't poker chips represent $$ -- yes they usually do lol (y):LOL:

Reactions: lll

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
These chips are basic simple memory aids. The way memory aids work, just the act of going to the effort to place them correctly at the start of each game, already puts you a big step ahead in remembering. That alone might be all you need...

.... but the chips also look and feel good -- and don't poker chips represent $$ -- yes they usually do lol (y):LOL:
I always put a chair by my pocket with a drink on it.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I always put a chair by my pocket with a drink on it.
You've got to know how to move into a table, eh?
That's another good piece, along with Steve's bait on 'if one is the same as the other' - go for it.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I will play you for some lol

Hopefully I rember witch is my pocket
Having always been a space-case when it comes to paying attention to pocket and break (mind on too many things - honest), the friend whom regularly hosts me does his best to train me toward my pocket and to police my inning - (fortunately they're drop pockets :)
😕