Killer Instinct in one pocket

stedyfred

Verified Member
I think that it takes a disciplined approach to take balls out of play with a nice lead in a game but ALWAYS playing the score is very important. Sometimes a player needs to lose a number of games with the balls located down table before they fully understand the importance of protecting a lead. I expect to receive some comments reference how str8 some young players shoot and runout in one pocket (much easier to do when balls are located at foot of table than high on my side rail). In relating this to killer instinct this makes your opponent EARN the win if he comes from behind in the game.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Killer Instinct in one pocket

Well, I guess miracles do happen. After going off on an out ball last week causing me to break even instead of winning, I had a watershed moment yesterday (I hope). I decided going into a match that I would take NO chances and get that money. I was playing a guy who is an absolute grinder. He gave me 9/8-8/7. Plays every ball like its for his rent money (might be). I played DISCIPLINED one pocket for 5 1/2 hours straight. In that time I only took 1 shot that I knew was a kiss (it was, of course). Beat my opponent 9 games in a row (not a ton, 30 a game) plus took a couple side bets.

Kept my opponent tied up the entire set. Not one flyer. Absolute torture for him but I was really enjoying doing the right things.

Much more than the cash was the feeling that I was able to maintain discipline. Now... We'll see if I can make it a habit.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well, I guess miracles do happen. After going off on an out ball last week causing me to break even instead of winning, I had a watershed moment yesterday (I hope). I decided going into a match that I would take NO chances and get that money. I was playing a guy who is an absolute grinder. He gave me 9/8-8/7. Plays every ball like its for his rent money (might be). I played DISCIPLINED one pocket for 5 1/2 hours straight. In that time I only took 1 shot that I knew was a kiss (it was, of course). Beat my opponent 9 games in a row (not a ton, 30 a game) plus took a couple side bets.

Kept my opponent tied up the entire set. Not one flyer. Absolute torture for him but I was really enjoying doing the right things.

Much more than the cash was the feeling that I was able to maintain discipline. Now... We'll see if I can make it a habit.
long journey starts with first step....:)
good job mitch......kudos.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member

Way to go, Mitch. I'm still an undisciplined 1P lout with delusions of adequacy, but it's good to know change is possible!

pj
chgo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

onepocketlover

focus

focus

that is why people like to play u they know eventually you take or try a crazy shot and there back in game, you play good, but that's the reason u get weight from me. loike I said I like ur game you just take to many flyers, stay focused