Let the WEI wars begin!

Skin

Verified Member
I'm just posting this mainly to see if the new chalky sticks diagram tool [https://pad.chalkysticks.com/ ] might work here.

Your shot. You need them both. Your hole is marked by the 3 ball. Wwyd?

a8b4f.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	a8b4f.png Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	429428

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I might shoot the cut back one railer on the 8-ball -- it looks like you miss the kiss. I kinda like that shot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like caroming the 8 ball off the 2 ball to my hole potential moving the two ball in to bank position to win

I might shoot the cut back one railer on the 8-ball -- it looks like you miss the kiss. I kinda like that shot.

Ok, so these are the Chony Tohan shots that you would shoot with your mouse :frus... but what would you shoot using your pool cue in an actual game? :)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I don't mind Chris' shot ... that or just try to tie those balls up by coming off the ls of the 8

Chris, in shooting that carom-bank, which result do you think would happen more often: pocketing the ball, or leaving a cross-corner?.....I would love it, if I was in this situation and my opponent chose that shot.

- Ghost

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I like to play that ball but to be honest I would play it thick to make sure to come to the short rail if my speed is off

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok, so these are the Chony Tohan shots that you would shoot with your mouse :frus... but what would you shoot using your pool cue in an actual game? :)

Well in that case :) I would most likely nibble off the left edge of the 8, lagging the cue ball back up toward the scoring end of the table. Attempting to leave the two balls doubled up. Not very sexy though lol.

Skin

Verified Member
How did you upload the pic skin?

Larry, I saved the pic at the chalky sticks site as a PNG (lower left corner icon). Then I copied that url and pasted it in behind the image icon on the menu bar.

But you also can just right click on the saved PNG image at the site, save the image to your computer, and then use "Upload Attachments" below the text box. That's how I uploaded the same image below. If anybody knows of a more streamlined method, holler out. Still getting used to the new format.

I also just found an older version of the tool here that might be more functional for some folks. It looks a lot like the old WEI w/o being able to post out the diagram to a site. You still have to copy/paste apparently.

https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/

Attachments

• image_25682.png
    image_25682.png
    177 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, I saved the pic at the chalky sticks site as a PNG (lower left corner icon). Then I copied that url and pasted it in behind the image icon on the menu bar.

But you also can just right click on the saved PNG image at the site, save the image to your computer, and then use "Upload Attachments" below the text box. That's how I uploaded the same image below. If anybody knows of a more streamlined method, holler out. Still getting used to the new format.

I also just found an older version of the tool here that might be more functional for some folks. It looks a lot like the old WEI w/o being able to post out the diagram to a site. You still have to copy/paste apparently.

https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/

Thanks skin
i am out of town
will try it out when I get home

Skin

Verified Member
I tried the app/link but it wouldn?t work right on my phone or iPad.

f you mean the diagram tool Pad, I found this about mid-page at the link.
https://news.chalkysticks.com/improv...9-a2693f7b8768

We’ve received some requests that we bring ChalkySticks Pad to mobile devices and you should be happy to hear that we are. There are some tough challenges with regards to the fact it’s a webapp and iOS devices don’t support all the features necessary. We’ve started to roll out features for Pad Mobile that work well on Android, but may not work as well on iOS yet.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would shoot the 8 past the 2 on the right side so it came out a little and blocked any
normal 1, or 3 railers
The kiss is too close on the 8 ball bank for me , and you can't win with the shot,without getting lucky , so for me , that's out.
The Carom is not bad , they are close together which makes it more viable, but theres no guarantee you get a makeable shot at the 2 and you can easily sell out a bank on the 8 or a 2 railer on the 2 , so I wouldn't shoot it either for those reasons.

youngstown

Verified Member
I would shoot less than lag speed to hit the left side of the first object ball, so that the object ball hits the cushion and then the other object ball softly, while the cue ball hits the top rail and ends up near the long rail on the opposite side of the kitchen.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
I would thin the 8 ball(left side) and bring the cue ball back down to the racking end in middle. Neither ball will bank for my opponent. Let him deal with it......